You might have changed so many jobs in your career. How to view all your past EPF details in one umbrella? It is hard to track. To avoid such hindrance, EPFO recently launched a drive called “One Employee One EPF Account” drive. You can now easily combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online.
Why this initiative to combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online?
Below is the data presented by EPFO, which may scares many of us.
This is the declaration of Mr.V.P. Joy, central provident fund commissioner, EPFO (As per the Mint Report). Obviously, there may be many reasons to this. The fundamental reason according to me as not having a proper platform to combine all such past EPF accounts ONLINE.
This facility is different from the EPFO Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP). In OTCP option, you are transferring all your past accounts to one without using UAN. However, in this facility, you will combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online under one umbrella called UAN. So using this option, you can see all your past EPF accounts under your UAN. This is easier for you at least to see and track all your past EPF accounts. Because UAN is the future for EPF.
Requirements to combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online
# You must have UAN number
If you don’t have, then active it online on your own. Refer my earliest post for the same “EPF UAN registration or activation and allotment is now online” or “EPF Mobile App-Activate UAN and Check EPF Balance“. If you want to do any correction, then you can do it online. Refer my earlier post for the same “How to update or correct EPF UAN details online or offline?“.
# Your current EPF account must be linked to UAN
Mere having UAN number is not sufficient. Your current EPF account must be linked to UAN.
# KYC verification must be completed
Your KYC details like the bank account, Aadhar, PAN etc., should be verified by your current Employer.
# Avail this facility only after 3 days of UAN activation
You can avail this facility 3 days after the UAN activation completed. Otherwise, you are not eligible to transfer.
How to combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online?
1) Visit EPFO Home Page.
2) Go to Services and under this, click on One Employee – One EPF Account link.
3) This will direct you to new window meant for One Employee – One EPF Account portal, where you can combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online.
Here you have to provide your mobile number, which is linked to UAN. Then provide the UAN number and your active EPF number which is linked to UAN. This EPF account must be with present employer. After entering details, click on “Generate OTP”. EPFO will send an OTP (One Time Password) to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and verify it by clicking on tab “Verify OTP”.
4) Then you will be redirected to another window, where you have to add all your past EPF accounts.
Enter your all EPF accounts, declare and finally submit it. Up to 10 accounts can be added like this. Please note few below points before proceeding.
- If your Aadhaar number is linked to UAN, then it will be easy for EPFO to consolidate the accounts. Otherwise, they call you and ask to submit the required proof.
- EPFO by calling can assist you to opt for OTCP (Online Transfer Claim Portal), to transfer all your past EPF accounts to a SINGLE account.
- After details submitted by you, the numbers will be sent to regional respective EPFO office for verification. These regional EPFO offices in return will send these numbers to respective employers. After the verification is over, the consolidation will be finished.
- If there are any problems, then the regional EPFO offices will contact you to resolve the issues.
- Your name, date of birth or father’s name and other personal details match the UAN number. Then only such consolidation process will complete.
- Once the consolidation is over, you will receive the SMS to your registered mobile number.
Hope this facility will relieve many of salaried individuals.