September 17, 2015

EPF Mobile App-Activate UAN and Check EPF Balance

Few days back EPFO launched it’s first mobile app called as EPF Mobile App. Using this Mobile App, you can activate UAN and check your EPF Balance. This feature provides facilities to EPF members (employees), employer and pensioners. Let us see it’s features.

Update (21st Nov 2017)-Now using UMANG App (App developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and provides around 42 services like like EPFO, PAN, NPS, CBSE, Pathshala, GST, HP Gas, Bharat Gas, Indane Gas, DigiLocker etc.) you can view EPF Passbook or Withdraw the EPF. Refer my latest post on the same “How to view EPF Passbook and withdraw EPF using Umang App?

Note-

# EPF launched a SINGLE form for EPF Withdrawal, EPF Advance withdrawal and EPS claim, where you can withdraw EPF without EMPLOYER SIGNATURE. Refer my latest post on the same at “EPF Composite Claim Form -Single form to withdraw EPF without employer“.

1) How to update or correct EPF UAN details online or offline?

2) 4 EPF withdrawal changes effective from Feb 2016

3) New EPF Withdrawal Forms-Withdraw without employer signature

Along with this facility, Minister of Labour launched the two more facilities and are as below.

• EPFO Mobile App (I will explain about it in below post).
  • SMS Based UAN Activation
  • Missed Call Service

EPF Mobile App

First you have to visit EPFO Portal and then to download the link, visit the below page of EPF Mobile App Download Page. The screen looks like below.

EPFO

Once you download the app in your mobile then the welcome screen looks like below.

EPF App_1

You notice that there are three sections in this app. One is meant for members (employees), the second is for pensioners and finally for an employer. When we click on MEMBER tab, then the screen looks like below.

EPF App_2

For employees, only two options are provided. One is to activate your UAN and the second one is to check your balance. To activate your UAN, click on the tab ACTIVATE UAN. Then the screen looks like below.

EPF App_3

Here, to activate UAN, you have to first select the office from the drop down list. Later, you have to enter Establishment Code, Extension, Employee Number, UAN number and your mobile number. Then check on the declaration link. Finally, click on ACTIVATE tab. This completes the activation process of UAN.

After that, you can check the EPF balance by clicking on tab BALANCE/PASSBOOK tab from main menu. The screen looks like below.

EPF App_4

To check or download the EPF passbook, you have to UAN number and registered 10 digit mobile number. Finally, click on tab SHOW.

Pensioners can check information about pension disbursement by entering the details like PPO number and date of birth.

SMS Based UAN Activation-

This facility is useful for those who not use the smartphone or not accustomed to apps. You have to send SMS to 7738299899. Once it is activated then the members can receive the alerts such as credit alerts, passbooks and the like.

You may know that EPFO already started SMS based EPF balance checking facility. Abou this, I already wrote a post and the link of the same below.

EPF Missed Call Service-

Along with above two facilities, EPFO also started a missed call service to know the EPF balance. The EPF member has to give a miss call to 011 2290 1406 to know about EPF balance or other account details.

Hope these facilities will resolve a lot of inconvenience caused by employees.

You may like our earliest posts related to EPF.

1. my epf money was credited to another person with the same name of me so i informed to my company there are not responding so what should i do shall i rise a complaint to police or go to customer

• Dear Sandeep,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

2. Hi sir i am shankar Dhurve i had done one year job in one company in Akola 2013 to 2014 that time new uan system came i should not aware of this and hr people was given my old mobile to pf department after some days that mobile no was declined from particular telecom company i am staying in new Mumbai and now i am using another mobile, due to that fact i am not able to operate that account. And from last 23 months i am doing in another one company here in Bombay and they was created new uan no .
    Suggest me Can i operate my old account.or
    Suggest me can i merge old in new uan account.or
    Suggest me is it better to withdraw old pf amount by which way

• Dear Shankar,
      You have to first update your mobile number to the old UAN. Visit the EPFO or update the same online.

3. HI

I have a query, in my prev company notice period was 3 months. I had served two months(Feb and March-2018) and

the third month they released me on LWP(leave without pay- didn’t get the salary for last month). In the third month i

joined other company(April, 2nd). My current employer opened an account on the same day(2nd April) and my prev employer

mentioned 30th April is my last day on relieving letter(included 3rd month). Now I am not able to transfer my pf

amount to current amount due to overlap the date. Please guide me.

• Dear Shailendra,
      Your past employer has to correct the exit date.

• But they said, we can’t change it.

• Dear Shailendra,
          Better to raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell or file RTI application.

• I just want to confirm, it is not a fraud case, right?

• Dear Shailendra,
              I will not say it as a FRAUD. But a clerical procedural GLITCH.

4. Sir good morning
    Sir mera ek friend h bah pf ki withrow Karen ke liye apne sabhi form & documents apne office se compilit karke pf office m jama kar diye lekin uska pf ka pasa nahi nikla Kripa karke batan or 10th ka ceritificate & passport mang rehe h jabki uske pass unme se koi bhi dacoment nahi h
    Please Repliy help me
    From Vinod Kumar

5. Sir I worked in reliance life insurance I know my of acc no and also my uai no sir plz can u help me how to claim my pf….. Plzzz sir help me….

• Abimayal-Contact your employer and submit the forms. If your UAN is fully KYC complied and also have logging to Unified Portal, then apply for online withdrawal.

6. Sir i worked in 2 month in ltd. Company now i leave the job
    Can i withdrawl pf and after how much time

7. I use to check my epf balance normally. But nowadays whenever i enter my uan no. And phone no. . System shows message like “check your network connectivity.”
    What is the exact problem?

I had created an online account before 6 months. I forgot my password. Can i recover it ?

In m-epf mobile app. I m trying to login pessaner portion for my EPS balance required PPO no. What is full from of PPO and how to know my PPO no. Plz help my uan no. Is 100256404456
    Niren

• Niren-It is Pension Payment Order (PPO) number. Check with EPFO for the same.

• Sir mujhe mera pf number or uan number Pta krna hai to aap meri help kr skte ho

• Why can’t you check your salary slip or question your employer?

10. Sir how can i activcte my UAN please tell me……

• They dont know nothings about it…..

11. MY UAN NUMBER DIFFERT NUMBRR ALLOR PLEAS SOLOUTION ME

12. Hi, I was doing nursing .. From October 15 2016 to December 27 .. Now I left my service without taking resigned due to my personal problems .. So is it possible to get my Epf .. If yes , could you please tell me how ..

What I need to enter in “employee number” text box. Please explain

• Hi,
        Please explain what I need to enter in Est Code, Extension and Employee Number, if this is my PF number : XX/YYY/0012345/0000123. In this PF number which is Est Code, Extension and Employee Number.

• Ganesh-XX-Regional Office code, YYY-Regional Office / Subregional Office code, 0012345-Establishment Code, after this you missed 3 digit number like 000-extension assigned to establishment, 0000123-Member’s Account number in establishment.

• Thanks Ji, I will check this and reply.

• Hi Ji,
              I filled all the relevent details and click the Activate button. Once I clicked the activate button I’m getting the following msg : ” Please Wait. We are submitting your request… “, After few minutes of waiting getting the alert msg : ” Check your network connectivity ”
              How to proceed further? Kindly help.

• Hi Ji,

For me also facing same issue. May be app issue.

14. Sir Mujhe Anna pf ka uan number chahiye

15. Good eve Sir, I already have a UAN number associated with my previous employer how to add my current employer to the existing UAN

16. Dear sir.Iam james.I worked in a pvt ltd company from 02 sep 2013.it credited pf till 0ct 2014.from then till now they have not credited pf.I have now resigned and applied for pf.Just before few days they paid all the pending amount to pf office.Is their any loss to me.Do the emplyer need to credit PF to pf office with interest.suggest me.

• James-You have to check that with EPFO or can check your statement, then you will come to know.

17. SIR,
    ACTUALLY MY UAN NUMBER WAS LOST AND MOBILE NUMBER ALSO CHANGED . HOW TO FIND MY UAN NUMBER.

18. Sir is it possible to collect the past worked employer name(Company name) from our UAN no? if we give our UAN to new joining company.

19. M.subramanian,
    Respected sir, I want EPF all matter for listening to Tamil language, i hve dont understand all english word meanings .any ways plz grant me listening Tamil version .u they do it and I can most help for my feel. Thank you.

Actually my mobile number was losted how to change present number to activate uan

21. dear sir,
    i submitted all required paper for UAN on 12/01/2016 through my nagpur office and i received application ref no also but till date i cant received my UAN so it is my stream request to you please do need full from your end
    my application ref no is 201601123363

22. Sir want my uan number but i have leave that company can you tell me that process how to get my uan number i have summit pf form but form got reject because uan number is requried

23. SIR I MISSING UAN NO. PLS HEPLP ME

24. Sir, i had completed 9 year in same company , can i withdraw my pf online? 2nd should i have to take help from company HR or withdraw itself , how much % of deposited pf i can withdraw . kindly suggest

25. sir.
    mai Avinash singh 2007 mein hamara epf kta or hum abhi tak nahi niklwae or ab company bhi” bnd” block ho gayi hamare pas koi proof nahi hai na hi pf number kya hamara balance nikl sakta hai lekin hamare pas usi company ka esic card hai
    plz sir I need u help

26. Sir I want to withdrowl my epf balance without employer signature.how may i could withdrowl my epf by online?

27. I got uan number but uan card is processes is very difficult I am soo confusing plz help me sir

28. SIR
    I CAN’T RECV THE UAN ACTIVATION PASSWORD MASSAGE , BECOZ MY MO. NO IS WRONG UPDATE IN EMPLOYER SO PZ TELL ME , SOLUTION

29. My EPFO passbook showing wrong balance in my account so what to do in this case?

30. sir

i have register my uan no:100362659242.but when i open to check my balance with my mobile no:9066311617 is mismatced.since from last two years i got it.but recently i am facing this problem

plz help me how to check my balance with my mobile no

thanking u

srinivas p goud

31. Sir Maine apna aadhaar card kys me upload kiy tha lakin bo abi tak panding me hi aur hamne company chod di hi ky me apna pf nikaal sakta Hu without empler ke pls help me

I could able to check the PF balance through online. it keep on showing Mobile number mismatch or Name Mismatch.

Where I can able to check the correct mobile number and Name.

GNGGN00055720000221354

33. Hi please help me out .

I am not able to check the status could you please tell me the following.
    Establishment code and Extension and Account number for the two PF account number I have

1) MR/NOI/0040471/0025874
    2)HR/GGN/2520494753

In my second PF account it says HR /GGN on my payslip but when I select the state as Haryana and office as Gurgaon it automatically select the region as GN and office as GGN not HR and GGN. Please help.

34. DEAR SIR

I HAVE A CHECK MY UAN NUMBER BUT FOLLOWING ERROR SHOW ON DISPLAY, SO PLS HELP HOW TO CHECK UAN NUMBER

Request for UAN for this Member Id GJRAJ00418750000000440 is already under process.(through ECR)

• Viren-I think your UAN is not yet activated. Contact your employer.

35. sir I am submitting claim form to my present company, entered wrong ifsc bank code and request you to guide me how to rectify this issue.

36. Sir i leave job befour 1year now how to apply pf ..?

37. Hi, The message I received says cheque has been dispatched . How long will it take for it to reach me?

• Chandana-It is the matter of delivery from their office to you. Hence, depends on what type of mode they choose.

• Uan card is Very difficult process sir

• I got uan number but uan card is processes is very difficult I am soo confusing plz help me sir

• Sir I am totallycconfused wit UAN card processing plz help me

38. if any employee with old uan number registered to the new employer why we are facing the problem in activation

39. Dear Sir

I am BRIJKISHOR TIWARI MY FATHER NAME IS SRIMAN TIWARI BUT SHOWING IN PF A/C ONLY TIWARI.HOW CAN I CHANGE MY FATHER NAME.MY UAN NO IS 100117408319

• Brijkishor-You have to rectify through your current employer.

I’m facing problems while registering, it’s asking for Establishment code and Extension and Account number. Can u help me out to get all these 3 codes.

I Can’t Getting My PF Balance …

Sir Could Tell Me ,Exact Waht Number Mentioned For PF Bal.Cheak..

Plz Reply…

42. Sir, online P.F. ek a/c se dusare a/c me kaise transfer hota hai.

43. sir I have submitted my Pf form but the office says u r form is not submitted yet what will I do to get my pf

• Jadeja-Do you have any proof? Whether you applied for transfer or withdrawal? Used offline or online mode?

44. Hi ,

My joining year is Nov 13 and leaving yeat is Oct 15 but still not showing my full pf balance

My Current Member Id listed in EPFO belongs to my previous organisation. How can i change the current member id to pf number provided by my current organization.

• Sir Its PF number which is provided by my current organization… i want My UAN to Linked with this PF.

• Ankit-Then request your current employer to issue UAN. In my view they did correct by retaining the same old EPF account.

• Ankit – you will have to ask your current employer to link the new PF id (member ID issued by your new employer) to your UAN. Did you submit Form 11 to your new employer? They would have to link your UAN to new member ID and then you should be able to see that on UAN member services.

46. Sir
    Those who are already activated UAN on portal should again activate after downloading mobile app ?

47. Great full