January 23, 2020

How to update EPF Date of Exit Online without employer?

Many of the employees the biggest headache was to make sure that their past employers enter the proper date of exit in EPF records. To solve this problem EPFO recently launched a facility to update EPF date of exit online without an employer.

Note:-Now you can raise an issue related to your EPF issues using the EPFO Whatsapp numbers. For details, refer the post “EPF Whatsapp Helpline Numbers – Full list of Regional Offices“.

From now onwards employee can update his date of exit (DOE) in the UAN website without the help of an employer after 2 months of leaving the job.

Before proceeding further, first, you have to understand the terms and conditions to enter the date of exit in UAN.

# The date entered is NOT EDITABLE and in case you have entered a wrong date enormously then it can be corrected only by the concerned filed officer of EPFO on the basis of a written request of the employer to the office. The date of exit, however, can not be edited after the settlement has been taken.

# In case you have entered the date of exit and withdrawn the amount, then the service length under the schemes will lapse and on any subsequent employment the service length will start afresh for any eligibility for pension and advances.

# Please note that the date of exit entered by you will be displayed to the employer and in case you are still in employment then at the time of filing of the remittances for a period after the date of exit will be shown to the employer.

# Date of exit can be a month for which the last contribution has been received. In case the employer has defaulted in payment and your date of exit is later date then you to approach the employer for updating of date.

How to update EPF Date of Exit Online without employer?

Now let us understand the process of update EPF date of exit online without employer.

# Login to your UAN member portal. Then go to the menu “MANAGE” and from the dropdown select the “Mark Exit”.

update EPF Date of Exit Online without employer

# Once you select the “Mark Exit”, then a new window will open. Here, you have to select your employment (your last EPF Account No.).

# You have to enter the date of exit in two places.  You no need to enter the exact date of exit. You can enter the date within 15 days after the date of leaving of job.

Check the last contribution month in the online passbook and identify the latest Provident Fund contribution month. Accordingly, you have to enter the date of exit.

Suppose your contribution to EPF Passbook is showing up to the month of December 2020, then you have to enter the last date of that particular month i.e. 31st December 2020 should be your exit date.

Enter Date of exit in EPF

Then you have to check the box “I have read the below points carefully”. Then proceed for the entry of date of exit.

EPF Exit Date Entry ONLINE

Do remember that you have to mention the reason for the date of exit also. The reasons listed are as below.

-Retirement- When the employee takes voluntary retirement

-Superannuation-After completing 58 years of age

-Permanent Disablement-When permanent disablement happens to EPF member

-Cession (Short of Service)-When you resign your job.

Once you enter the exit date, provided the reasons and check the box where it will show you the terms and conditions, then click on the tab “Update date of exit”.

# Click on “Request OTP”. You will receive OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and submit for date of exit finally.

I hope this process will ease the biggest hurdle of many EPF members as due to many reasons (one may be employer closed the shop) employer not enter the date of exit. Due to which you are facing the trouble of transferring or withdrawing.

Do remember few things:-

You are allowed to update the date of exit only after the completion of 2 months from the last contribution done to your EPF account. Also, once you enter the date of exit, then you can’t change it. Hence, be careful while entering it.

1. Sir I received my last contribution in month of July I was on bench without pay for next few months and I resigned in October..so last contribution I received was in July in my EPFO acct but my last day of service is Oct.But while updating exit date I m getting calendar for July only probably bcos that’s my last received salary. I wanted to know whether I can mark my exit date as July bcos I m not getting option to change month in calendar and go to October.

• Dear Sahil,
      You are not allowed to change it. Only your employer can change.

2. Hi sir I want mark my pf DOE but I am not received any pf contribution

3. I ii getting no contribution revived was date of exist is not possible please contact employer but it shows my passbook in online

• Dear Deepak,
      Can you elaborate more on what are the issues you are facing?

4. sir my date of joining is 1 feb 2020 and the last contribution is august 2020 …so i just want to know can i withdraw both pf and pension.

5. Hi Basavaraj ,
    Have joined new organization three months ago and still I am receiving contribution towards my pf account from old employer which I left /abscond 3 months before ..They have not marked date of exit to my account so when I checked my pf account passbook I see both organization contribution to my account .
    so questions are :
    1)Do you see any problem here to me ?
    2)From given my UAN number ,what details old and new employer will find out ?

I have am not receiving salary from old employer only I see pf contribution ,do you duel employment issue?

Please let me know your opinion.

-Vaibhav

• Dear Vaibhav,
      First approach your earlier employer and inform them about this mistake.

6. Sir , my epfo passsword forgot and my Adhar is also not linked to epfo and my otp number is also changed and presently iam not working with same company , and i tried with old employer they told is not possible with them then i went Regional epfo office there also they told it is not possible with epfo regional office pl help.

7. Error E03 : No service exists against this member_id/Benefits already taken
    Error occurred while fill Form 10 D for monthly Pension.

• Dear Shashikant,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

8. Dear Mr Basavraj, while marking the exit, I am receiving an error “Date of Exit can only be updated after 2 months of last contribution made by employer.” – However, it’s been more than 4 months since my ex-employer made contribution towards my last salary there. Kindly provide your guidance on what can be done. Thanks.

• Dear Pratik,
      Then no option but to raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

9. Hii,
    I worked for 5 companies in past – it was before launching UAN system. Recently, I generated my UAN number through EPFO website under “allocate UAN number by Employee”. I want to link my old EPF accounts with this generate and activated UAN number. I tried to enter details in “Mark entry”, however, page displayed is not editable.

Please advice how to link my all old PF accounts.

10. Hello sir,

Greetings..!!!

If I am exit (DOE) in the UAN website after 2 months of leaving the job ,the approval go to the Employer for the confirmation..??

I have entered DOE for my previous employer and raised claim for transfer which is accepted by employer but got rejected at field office saying Father name and date of leaving is incorrect. What can i do now ? Can the doe be change by employer?

This is Abhishek, I update my date of leaving & received Form 19’s amount but now I want to withdraw my 10C amount but system reply with error “EITHER DATE OF JOINING OR LEAVING IN EPS IS NOT UPDATED” please suggest me what to do. From where this solution comes.

• Dear Abhishek,
      Hard to predict. Better you raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

• Ok, but I was expecting another reply. Any how thanks.

This is regarding the “Mark Exit” option in UAN portal. Each and Every time I used to enter all the necessary details and request for OTP, But “Something went wrong. Please try again later” message appears. And the same is the result for many attempts. This issue is persisting for more than 2 weeks. I have sent an email to ([email protected]) regarding this issue but yet to receive any response. Also i tried reached the toll free number, the line is always engaged.

It would be a great help if you let me know how to get this issue resolved ?

Thanks in Advance.

• Dear Ajai,
      Hard for me to predict what is going on at your end. Better you try with other browers.

14. Sir, I am working in previous 5 year in a company, 25 may to 26 August 2019 unable to duty for health problem, after recover again start the job same company my pf contribution continue but date of exit showing 25 may 2019, so please suggest

15. “No Contribution was received. Date of exit updation is not possible. please contact your Employer” how to i slove this problem my company not help to me.

• Dear Vijay,
      I am not sure what is the exact issue. Better you contact the regional EPFO.

16. Hello sir
    I had resigned the company in 2015 but they did not accept it how ever I left due to big misunderstanding with the management. Now I am trying to with draw my PF amount and not able to do so as the DOE not entered . I tried to do so but the error msg is no contribution received not possible to enter DOE contact your employer.
    Here I would like to know since this is pertaining to2015 and my pass book that I down loaded shows that the last contribution was in April 2015 which EPFO office also confirmed.
    Kindly suggest how do I go about this as I can not go to my ex employer

I want to mark my DOE online but there is not showing my working history in the mark Exit option. Please let me know if anything possible. It’s saying no employment found.

Ankur

PH 8287643646

• Dear Ankur,
      In that case, raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

• Thanks for your response sir, Can you please let me know, Should I drop an email to “[email protected]” can they help me about this ?

• ? hi sir
      My name is Niveditha G I am joning 18 Feb 2019 My pension amount reject reson claimed rejected contribution recived after date of exit so how change my date of exit date

18. my mom completed 58 years in Jan 2020 but retired in April 2020. as per her UAN, the DOE of the EPF is 30/04/2020 while the DOE of EPS is 23/01/2020.

The EPF claim rejected with reason “MEBER COMPLETED 58 YEARS IN JANUARY 2020, BUT EPS CONTRIBUTION DEDUCTED UP TO APRIL 2020.”
    What should be done?

• Dear Abhishek,
      Yes, they are right. Let her correct this through her employer.

19. Sir I joined company 19/06/2012 and leaved 19/02/2019 but my exit date shown in pf account 1/06/2012.
    When I went to change it in pf account / mark exit then my last employer not show at there only current employer show.
    Please suggest what will I do.
    Thanks and regards
    Dharmendra Ahirwar

• Dear Dharmendra,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

20. I left my job on November 2019 i.e 30.11.2019 my pf contribution is only updated till August 2019 remaining due 3 months.
    Can i update DOE now to claim my PF?
    Its been 13 months yet no contribution made by employer.
    Can i update DOE to avail PF?

• Will there be a rejection while claiming as my service is till November.. but PF updated is till August.. will not this be problem as my exit date will be before my service?

• Dear Prakash,
          Obviously. Hence, you first request for correction in the exit date.

I updated my exit date from my end and when I checked my employer didn’t updated the joining date for EPS, so exit date updated only to EPF. Later I contacted to help in updating the DOJ and DOE of EPS, my employer updated only the DOJ and requested me to contact EPFO grievance to update DOE Since I marked exit date from my end already.

Will EPFO grievance desk help me in updating the DOE EPS without any difficulties.

Please reply.

• May I know how can I withdraw the EPS with this issue. Any suggestion please.

• Dear Narendra,
          The rules are as below.
          If your service period is less than 6 months, if you are working or if your service is 10 years or more, then you are not allowed to withdraw. Even in case , the shared examples are not in your example, then you will not get the full EPS. It is part of EPS they pay.

My Resignation date was 02.01.2020 and last contribution month as shown in portal is December 2019 and no further contribution was made after this. What shall be the date of exit in this case.

Also please let me know whether I am eligible for full withdrawal of EPS money as I have joined EPF and EPS on 1st July 2019.

• Dear Deep,
      Take the pain to read the above post properly. Regarding EPS, you are not allowed to withdraw fully.

23. My last working was 23rd July & passbook shows last enetry at 1st july
    What would be my date of exit ?
    23rd July or 31st July ?

I had applied for the transfer of pf amount from old employer to new employer but in the claim status of old employer account it is showing total amount approved is ‘0’. But i think my pf amount around 1.7L with previous employer.
    Kindly guide me.

• Dear Pravin,
      Hard to predict what went wrong. Better you raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

I had applied the for final settlement of pf. But they rejected stating that the DOL mismatch. When I checked with HR, he said the DOL is properly updated.
    I raised a grievance as well. What could be the possible reason of this sir?? What is the solution??

• Dear Amit,
      Hard to predict. Better to wait for the EPFO reply.

I left my previous organisation at feb 29 2020.I made PF transfer and now the entire money is with current employer.Now if try to take the PF amount only the PF money of last employer is getting displayed but i am unable to get that money.It is showing the present emplyer .So i am confused whether i can put exit or any way is there to get my PF and pension money of previous Organisation.

Raj

• Dear Durgaraj,
      If you are currently employed and transferred the earlier EPF to the current one, then you are not eligible to withdraw.

• My brother EPF settled
      EPS date of join is there
      EPS date of exit not there
      How apply EPS amount

• same issue with my PF account MY DOE EPS is not updated. now i am not able submit 10D form.

so how can help me to update EPS DOE.

I checked with employer but they are saying it updated form there end.

Please suggest what i can do next update EPS DOE.

Greetings. Please bare with me reading this thread.
    My company was shut down in 2016, without updating date of exit and other kyc. Firstly since then i tried the formal way 2-3 times to withdraw my pf money but everytime pf office , rejected & sent back my application everytime with some excuse. Recently I tried to update my adhaar and it got updated and verified by mobile No. OTP. Then I tried updating date of exit but the error shows. “No contribution was recieved. Date of exit is not possible. Contact your employer”
    Sir please guide me what to be done in this case.

28. Dear sirI will do work once contract3yers theirpf money apply ed nd next iam joined new contract old contactmoney hasbeen oproched nd credited new contracte so please tell how I can credit money new contract to my passbook acount nd how I can done exit date in new contract

29. Sir
    Please confirm can I update date of exit previous employer because my previous employer wrong exit date mention. but online portal showing only current employer in “Select Employment”
    please suggest what can i do for this.

• Dear Chamkaur,
      If the date of exit is already entered, then you can’t edit now. Approach the employer for the same.

30. what is this rejection mean

DATE OF EXIT AFTER 03/2019 WILL BE TRANSFERRED AFTER UPDATION OF ANNUAL ACCOUNT

31. I took exit from instituition on 30March 2015 so i got it upadated as 31 march on epfo account. but last contribution was made in april. It is showing error. what can be rrason?

I resign my job in 2017. i am apply two times withdraw my pf, but both time my application not process or HR not submit form didn’t no. Due to my family problems i am not apply withdraw pf for a long time. But Now i want to withdraw my pf. In UAN service history date of exit not showing, so how can i withdraw my pf online. Other KYC details are updated. Please suggest me sir. i want withdraw my pf.

33. When I clicked mark exit, it’s not fetching employer details and showing as No Employer details Found. I left job 6 months back only, I don’t know what to do

• Dear Vinay,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

My mother was working in a private school from April 2009. She completed 58 years of age on July 2020. As per school’s policy, her last working day(retirement) was on 31 March 2020.
    We have submitted Form 19 successfully. We have marked the Date of Exit also. But while submitting Form 10D for monthly pension, it is showing an error, “E03 date of exit against current employment is not available”.
    What might be the possible reason? How to solve this?

• I am also getting same error. Please suggest E03: DATE OF EXIT AGANIST CURRENT EMPLOYMENT IS NOT AVAILABLE

• I have already added Date of exit but it is still stating above message.

• Dear Varun,
              Better to wait or raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

• Thank you Sir.
        Our Form 19 claim got settled yesterday and after that I was able to submit Form 10D without getting any error message.

35. if my father name is in initials in aadhar , but in expanded form in pan , then which i should add in p/f account

36. Hi.. Employer Confirmation require to mark Exit and KYC Update ?

37. Dear sir
    My last contribution is 10/06/2020
    Why cant update date of exit
    Pls tell me

I left my job on 19 Feb 2020 and my pf contribution from the employer for Feb 2020 is showing in UAN passbook but when I am marking DOE then it’s showing “The last Contribution from the employer is Jan 2020”.

How can I resolve this problem.

• I also have the same issue and there is no option to change the month while marking the DOE as well. Please help..

• Dear Ramakrishnan,
        Then the option is to request your employer to edit.

• my employer is not updating…any other options..

I haven’t updated the exit date in EPF portal due to pandemic and my exit date was 16th march-2020.

Now i’m unable to transfer PF previous amount to the current account, can you please suggest me what to do further?

• Sir,

Kindly guide me.

40. Hello sir.

My last date of working in previous company: 7th March 2020
    Joining date of new company: 11th March 2020
    Last contribution month sowing in website: May 2020

If I Mark exit as 31st may would it create problem while generating online transfer request as new date of joining epf will be 11th march and exit date of old company would be 31st may (greter than joining date) ?
    Note: My new company has made contribution for march 2020.

• Dear Aditya,
      There is overlapping in your dates. Check with regional EPFO.

Resign date : 1st March 2019
    Employer’s last contribution month :
    May 2019
    Next Company joining date:
    4th March 2019
    So my question is it fine to mark date of exit as May 30 in pf portal.

Anup Patel

• Sir in that case my previous company exit date will be May.
        Current company start date will be March.
        Will this be a problem?

• you can update 3March2020
      its ok

42. Dear Sir,.

When i submit the pension form of my father

Shown the error in last step. (E03 date of exit against current employment is not available)

what is the problem

• Dear Balveer,
      Request the employer to enter the date of exit.

• Sir, but employer already updated date of exist on uan portal.

• DOE EPF UPDATED But DOE EPS DATE NOT UPDATE . DOE EPS DATE Important .

• Dear Manish,
            As per my knowledge, there are no separate EPF and EPF date update options.

43. Sir
    My mother is 60 years old she exited PF using option Superannuation will it create any problem in withdrawing PF amount

44. Sir please reply. I have resigned my job in September 2019 and received last contribution in October 2019 . What month should I select for date of exit in EPFO website.

45. Sir pf date of exit update but eps date not update

I have tried communicating with my previous employer multiple times, but they have failed to reply back on any occasion for my request to update the DOE. When I try to update my DOE but get an error message, “No contribution was received. Date of Exit updation is not possible, please contact your Employer.”
    I have left the company in Jun 2016 and not employed thereafter.

• I am not available in the country. What other avenues or options are there for cases like mine.

• Dear Rakesh,
          If that is the case, then the only hope is your past employer or EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

47. Sir. I had resigned my job. The last contribution is of 5th month of this year. So should i mark exit 31st of may(5th month). Then will i get all of money includes employer fund and pension also.

How many days does it take for the EXIT date to appear in the employees’ UAN portal? Its been a week since my old employer updated the exit date. It appears correctly in their portal whereas not in my UAN account. I submitted a claim in PF grievance portal on this but it was of no reply. They close the case saying it is not updated. I wrote to PF office also, no reply on this. What do I do in this case?

I have resigned from my job on 8th june 2020 but as per my epf passbook last contribution from employer has been done on 3rd july of june month.

Now I have to claim my epf and eps

So on aug 8th it will b 60 days.

Can I apply for full settlement of epf and eps on 8th aug.

Or I have to wait till 3rd Sept to apply

My EPF mark exit shows

Employment: No employment found
    How do i rectify this to show my employment details

51. my company marked exit without completing my Bank account and pan card kyc. is it possible for the company to complete my kyc now?

52. Sir I left the company A on 17th Oct 2018 and joined company B on 18th October 2018. My last working date is not updated in EPFO. When I am trying to update my last working date of company A, it showing last PF contribution month as November 2018.

As suggested in your article the last working date can be within 15 days of leaving the service. Can I update 1st November 2018 as my last working date for company A ?

Pls suggest as I have to transfer my PF from company A to company B.

• Dear Simran,
      First check whether there is any contribution to your EPF in November also. Based on that take a call.

53. Sir, i resigned my job in 2017 and i marked the exit today on the UAN login. Now it is shown on seeding section and date of exit is updated in work history. But i am not able to claim the PF. When i click on claim option, my last job’s pf id is only showing. Can i claim the older one?

54. Dear sir, my pf account service history DOE EPF UPDATED But DOE EPS DATE NOT UPDATE . DOE EPS DATE Important . i will do transfer to another account any problem in EPS for withdraw sir. my working angency asked for this qustion. he told now epfo rules change in EPS Date i withdraw in penstion amount automaticaly update. please help me sir.

• Thank you sir. i will do for my pf tranfer in another account no problem ah sir. pf withdrawal pension full amount credit my account ah sir. EPS Date not required ah sir.

I want to withdraw the EPF which is short on service though I tried to mark exit on epfo but has no record on employment found
    Please help me to do it

56. Sr I have left the job in the month of January 2020 and on the Mark Exit panel of EPFO portal also shows last contribution till January 2020, but in the passbook contribution is made till February 2020. and as per the EPFO rule if after Mark Exit date no contribution should be made by the employer. Now what to do contribution in the passbook is shown till February but Mark Exit option gives option till January 2020.

57. Dear sir
    Since My employer opted NPS in the month of january 2020 Epfo contribution lasted in that month only. Im still employee of the same employer. But i marked self exit and also claimed under form 10c and 19. Is it punishable under EPF act if so what wil be the legal action against me by EPFO/EMPLOYER

• But i got message from employer that claiming epfo form 10c and 19(full and final settlement )by making self exit in EPFO portal is punishable under EPFO act. Concerned Employee resposible for any legal/Disciplinary action initiated by EPFO/EMPLOYER.

58. I Have Entered Exit Date In One Of My Employer Service But After That What Is The Next Process To Get All That Amount In Bank Account ?

When I Entered Exit Date In One Emplyer And After That Going To Process For Online Claim Then I Can’t See That Member ID From Which I Have To Claim

Please Help Me Bcz I Really Need It

• Dear Bhavin,
      Entering exit date does not mean MONEY WILL COME TO YOUR ACCOUNT. Apply for EPF and if you have difficulty, then approach the regional EPFO.

59. Dear Respected sir,
    As per my passbook statement my employer(gurgaon haryana) is paid last month contrbution
    oct 2014 and my date of exit is 30 th oct 2014, but while Updating through my login” error is showing
    no contribution was received date of exit not possible contact your” ,after that im raised this eroor in epf grievance but epf officer reply me that in regard kindly contact to employer and update the same
    But my
    employer has shutdown the office and no official available, I am staying at Mumbai, so i kindly
    requested to you kindly guide me

60. Dear Sir

My EPF passbook Show Date of Contribution –CONT. for 122019. at the portal Date of Last Contribution show as November 2019.
    I was terminated from the job on 16 December 2019. So what will be the my actual Date of Exit

I Left the job in January 2017 From Religare.

When i check my Pf Pasbook Its Showing Contributions For 02/2017.
    Transaction Date :- 23/06/2017.
    When I Check Service History Its Showing Date Of Exit :- 31/01/2017.
    Please Suggests Is This Date Of Exit Correct Or Not? If Not Correct What Is The Procedure To Correct The Same? Pls Reply..

• Dear Chetan,
      Refer the above rules at first to understand the date of exit.

62. Hello sir, my last contribution was for April 2020, but that transaction was made on 06/06/2020, now when can I mark exit after 2months or April or after 2months of 06/06/2020, kindly help.

63. I am also getting ” No contribution received, date of exit not possible ” whereas my member passbook is showing proper contributions.
    God knows what will happen to the money !!!!
    Can anyone help ???

• Dear Pd,
      Hard to predict. Better you raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

64. I have joined a new organisation and transferred the whole money from previous org to new org.
    However, my new organisation date of exit was 17-FEB-2020 and reason was short service.
    when im trying to claim it was rejected due to YOU HAVE COMPLETED 58 YEARS ON 19/08/2019 SO PLEASE CHOOSE RIGHT OPTION FOR REASON OF LEAVING(RETIR)

please suggest

• Dear Venkatesh,
      It is not an issue of exit date but your age also. Check with your employer.

65. I’m unable to view my ex employer details after updating mark exit date. I want to withdraw my pf of ex employer as i have finished 2 months from last working day, but my new employer details are showing at the portal. What needs to be done from my end?

My Last working day was 29th May 2019 but in EPFO, employer’s last contribution shows June 2019. So what should be the date of exit.
    (Note: I joined new organisation on 3rd June 2019.)

• I am also facing a similar issue. Can you please tell whether it can be any date in June or any specific date?

67. Dear sir
    I don’t have Contribution
    How can do date of exit

• Dear Yejju,
      Refer your last contribution and accordingly enter as I shared above.

68. My date of exit was November 2019. I had claimed PF withdrawal on April 7th 2020. Now my claim status is rejected due to the following reasons-
    1) DOL 19/11/19 contribution not in 12/19
    2)claim already settled

I’m unable to understand the reason for rejection. Could you please help me to resolve this.

69. I was joined on 9th August 2019 in the present organization ,but relieving was given on 22nd august 2019 and same was updated in EPFO also.
    When I was trying to transfer the PF account from previous employer to current employed,it is showing error.
    Can you please give suggestions how to resolve this issue.

• Dear Ravinder,
      You have to correct the exit date with the help of employer.

70. Hello sir while I am trying to update my date of exit I am getting the message that ” no contribution was made unable to update date of exit contact employer ” what to do

• No contribution was received. Date of exit updation is not possible. please contact your employer. what does this mean. Please help me in this situation .urgent need money

71. Hi sir,

I am working in contract basis. In May-2017 our contract organization had been changed . And with in a month again my contract changed to previous organization. But for the month of July-2017 i received pf contribution from both offices. Now i can’t able to transfer or withdraw my previous company amount. It shows details of previous account is different from present account, hence claim requesr couldnot process. what can i do now sir.

72. i exited on 16th dec. but portal shows only jan month to update. can i update Jan 1 ?

• Dear Rajesh,
      Check the last contribution done to EPF and accordingly update.

73. Hi Sir, i have joined in one organization and worked for 2month and left the company but in EPFO portal only showing DOJ sir DoE is not available or also sir they not updated my account details and pan no zero amount is showing. then how can I exit DoE sir.
    is there any problem if I joined to another company.

please help sir how can i exit DOE.

Even am not able to transfer also where it is saying that DOE not updated.

• Dear Niraj,
      You can enter your date of exit. Refer the above post.

74. Hi sir ,

I was resigned in previous company on march 2020 & joined into new company & absconded .There is no contribution in new company .Also i have marked exit details in UAN portal for both.
    I want to know whether it is possible to claim final settlement by online .Whenever i tried to claim in the uan portal it showing as new company details only.

Or i want to know it is possible to take final settlement of previous company by offline claim (paper work)

Please assist what shall i do sir

75. My last date of working was 20 May 2019, but my employer has contributed PF amount for the month of June and July 2019 as per the PF passbook. Due to this my online PF Withdrawal claim was rejected with following reasons : Your Claim [ Claim Id -Member ID ] has been rejected due to : 1) DATE OF EXIT WRONG AS PER CONTRIBUTION RECEIVED 2) DATE OF JOINING/LEAVING DOES NOT MATCH WITH COMPANY RECORD.
    When I checked/clicked Mark Exit feature in UAN Member Portal – no employment records message is generated.
    Any help on the next steps and process to rectify the same is much appreciated. Thanks

76. Hi sir,
    I left the job in my previous to previous company in DEC-2013. My employer still not my date of exit in PF site. A lot of time i called them to exit my servie but they did not.

Due to CORONA pandemic i want to withdraw my PF amount but i can not. In this pandemic situation Employer is still not supportive.

• I left my previous job on 31st jan 2020 and joined another company on 6th feb. My Pf contribution was made by my previous company for the month of feb and my new company made contribution in march. But my passbook also shows my previous company made a contribution of 0 rs in march. Now when I am trying to mark exit date the date options is available from 1st march. I am confused when i have joined another company in feb how can I mark exit from previous company in march. Please guide.

• Dear Dayashankar,
        It is I think an error with EPFO. Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

• Hi Sir,

I have left the precious organization on 14th October 2019 after giving resignation but they dint except and provide me the termination letter but I did all the formalities from my side. And I joined the new company on 17th october 2019. But previous organisation has updated my DOE as 18 Dec 2019 due to which I am not able to transfer my money. I contacted them to update the date but they deny.

Please advice now what can I do in this situation?

77. Hi sir ,

I applied for pension contribution form 10c ,while selecting the form from drop-down it’s shows an error Date of joining and leaving for EPS not available but my admin updated the date of joining and leaving date for EPF correctly..

DOJ 2 Nov 2016 and DOE 28 Feb 2020

It’s correct but I’m unable to withdraw the pension contribution 10c form ..

• Dear Bivin,
      Wait for their approval of the data. Otherwise, raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

78. Dear Sir, I left the job on feb 14th 2020, and I’ve received the PF on March month also, so my question is which month I can update the exit date on my PF account. Pls suggest

79. Hi sir,
    I left the job in my previous company in NOV-2017, and joined present company in DEC-2017. But in previous company they marked as JAN 2018 as EXIT and they contributed pf money also for that extra two months. So, DEC 2017 and JAN 2018 i received pf contribution from both offices. Now i can’t able to transfer my previous company amount. It shows details of precious account is different from present account, hence claim requesr couldnot process. what can i do now sir.

80. Hi sir,

I have joined a company on 28th march 2020 unfortunately I couldn’t work their so my last working day is 5th of April my old pf amount is on hold unable to withdraw and I joined the new company I don’t know whether my pf amount is possible to transfer as still is not updated on my pf account date of exit by this one month worked for the old company.

• Dear Roja,
      You can use the same EPF and UAN in your new organization.

81. My EPF (PF Passbook) is not updated for April 2020. Is there any delay in the passbook update due to COVID-19?
    Please help

I left my company in 2015 and has been working as a freelancer and haven’t joined any other company…I applied for an advance claim, but it seems advance claim is only for active PF employees. I though of going for settlement, but DOE is not updated, I tried using Mark Exit, but it says “No contribution received, Date of Exit update not possible, please contact employer”. Its been over 5 years, now i can’t contact employer, so what should i do to make a settlement claim. Any help is appreciated..

Shiva…

83. Sir,I have worked in company for 10 day then I leave so no pf was contributed so how I can update date of exit

• Hi Sir, My position also same, i have joined in one organization and worked for 15 days and left the company and joined in another company but when am trying to udpate DOE it is saying that No PF contribution recieved so can not update.

Even am not able to transfer also where it is saying that DOE not updated.

Could you please help me on this how this issue get resolve?

• Dear Upender,
          Better to create new one with new employer than using this idle EPF.

• Thanks sir.

84. Dear Sir
    I regret to inform you that there is no contribution in my pf last two months.but when I am going to do my mark of exit..it is showing same like date of exit can only be updated after 2 months of last contribution made by the employer.. actually.what exactly happing…can you explain me…..

• Sir when i try to Mark exit showing this message
        “no contribution was received date of exit updation is not possible” pleasr help because of our company closed no one emppoyer working there.

85. I have a PF account in my previous company where Last contribution showing in PF portal October 2019, and I left that organization on 27th Feb 2020. Where our organization have not paid contribution till Jan 2020 as off today. Now I am working in a company, and due to Covid 19 issues I need to withdraw amount from PF. But i am not able to transfer amount from my previous company as they have not yet marked DOE. I mailed them several times to update PF and mark DOE but they did not response. Now if i provide from my end DOE, on which date i left like 27th Feb 2020 then my PF amount from previous employer can be transferred or untill or unless they are not paying their contribution till January 2020 till the time i can’t update my DOE date ? Please suggest.

• Dear Jakir,
      If you are confident that they transfer then enter the Feb otherwise October.

Please tell me if Employee is marked exit on PF website before remmitance by employer , can they still deposit PF contribution for month of exit.

Your urgent reply will he helpful.

thanks
    Asha

87. dear sir,

in my case not update any details of DOJ and DOe BOTH ARE STILL NOT UPDATE SO IN MARK EXIT WINDO IS NOTFOUND ANY DETAILS

I joined an organisation on 07th June,2017 which i absconded on 3rd August, 2017. I remained unemployed for few months and later I joined another organisation on 9th October,2017. I am still working there.
    My previous employer has marked incorrect DOE as April, 2018 because of which I am unable to transfer the PF balance. Moreover, he is not willing to give me a joint declaration as I absconded his organisation (despite the fact that there was no bond or contract).
    Please help me in this regard.

I worked with an IT company from 22SEP2011 to 26MAY2017. However they have entered incorrect Date of Exit in the UAN. Then I have contacted the company’s PF team, then after multiple follow ups last year they shared the Joint declaration letter to update DoE. I have updated and sent back to them. Then when they couriered my forms to Chennai regional PF office they got the response that they are not handling the manual documents and the company PF team sent back the documents to me and asked me to send the documents to Chennai PF office. I am worried if I send the documents, will they be really taken care or thrown into some shelf. I have the kept the forms with me as it is hard to get the attestation on joint declaration again and again from my previous employer. Please help me in correcting my Date of Exit and proceed with transfer pf account.

• Dear Sathish,
      If you are worried about their handling, then personally go and resolve the issue.

90. This article was very useful. Please let me know if my LWD was in Jan 2020 and last contribution made was in Feb 2020. I am still not able to see option to mark exit date myself. How do I go about it,

• Dear Priya,
      Your date of exit should be Feb 2020. If you are unable to do that, then approach the employer.

I absconded from a company on 12th Jan due to some personal reason and joined a new company on 13th Jan however they have paid the salary to me for 16 days(i.e. till 16th Jan). I thought of marking the exit date in EPF portal by myself and marked 31st Jan as my exit date under impression that I can give any date of Jan Month. Now I am unable to transfer my old PF account to new one. As per the current organization my DOJ is 13th Jan. What should I do?

Actually my relieving date of my previous company was 06th Nov’18 and the last contribution shown in passbook upto December with less amount, value of my working period 6days. At the same time my current company contribution starts in same December month(Current company sate of join 12th Nov’18).
    So how will enter my date of exit in my previous company. Is it 31st Dec or exact date 06th Nov.
    Please help me to understand. Thanks in advance!

• Adding the below ..

After logged in passbook page it’s shown the last contribution date as Feb-2019 with zero value. So now please advise which date I will enter. Is there any problem if i enter the 28th Feb 19 as date of exit. But my current company contribution started December itself?

• Dear Venkat,
        Obviously there are issues. Check these with your current employer.

• Dear Venkat,
      I already cleared this doubt in the above post. Please refer once again.

93. Hi sir,
    I left the job in my previous company in Oct-2019 but now to enter date of exit it’s showing Last contribution made in Jan-2020. If I enter jan-2020 as exit date is their any problem?

• Dear Manjunath,
      If the last contribution is on Jan 2020, then you will not be allowed to enter October 2019. Hence, you have no option but to enter Jan 2020.

94. Sir date leaving update Karne par dikh raha no possible please contact employer ye kaise Hoga sir please help

• Dear Vikash,
      If it is not possible, then approach the regional EPFO.

95. no contribution was received date of exit updation is not possible please contact your employer is shown while adding exit date

• o contribution was received date of exit updation is not possible please contact your employer is shown while adding exit date

96. Hi Thanks for all the info published in the blog.

However I want to ask something which I’m facing for last few months. I have worked for unexempted pf company for 6 yrs and have accumulated some pf balance then I moved to a exempted pf trust company. I did not knew about all these nitty gritties of transferring pf from one org to other, however I did fill up the transfer request form from the previous company to the new company. But to my surprise, now I have realized that the pf amount of the previous company is not transferable or am able to withdraw, because the previous company has not marked my exit dates in the system. Now by the time I joined my New Organisation, my previous company had got sold off to some company and that company also had been purchased by a 3rd new company(however, this 3rd company is still in existence).

Now I’m unable to either withdraw or request for transfer of the accumulated pf balance. I tried contacting the previous employer HR Manager, but he is also unable to help in this regard.

Please let me know how to get my balance transferred or withdrawn ?

RR

• Dear RR,
      If you have UAN login, you can enter the exit date online. Check for the help of regional EPFO.

97. much needed info, thanks

I have 2 PF account, i want to exit from one account and merge with the other. The problem is my previous employer has not paid PF for 9th months of my salary and I have left the job already. I wont be able to exit the account unless my previous employer adds pf in my account, kindly suggest what i should do in this situation.

• Dear Sarika,
      No option but to raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

99. My current company for past four years does not have EPF contribution since we are less than six people. I have previously worked for four years in another organization which had PF contribution? Can i withdraw that PF and whether it will be taxable?

• Dear Rahul,
      Yes, you can withdraw. If the service is less than 5 years, then it is taxable.

• OK… Thanks…what do the tax authorities consider as period of service ?since I have 4 years of service with PF contribution and 4 years without PF contribution. Will they consider 4 years of PF non contribution as something out of employees control and therefore non taxable since service is for eight years ?

• Dear Rahul,
          It is taxable income for you as it is less than 5 years contribution.

can you give me clarification of another scenario, my last working month is April, 2019 and i want to withdrawal full amount but for this i did not follow mark exit process. when i will go to claim so a error message appear that “your KYC bank updation is pending on 14/12/2018 from co. name for approval,
    in this case what should i do for withdraw my amount as soon as possible. KYC updated. i can not coordinate my last employer.
    kindly give solution regarding following points:
    * i will have to follow the process of Mark Exit to withdraw money or not.
    * is there any online option to approve bank details from my side or what will be the process.
    * what is the full process i have to do in this scenario.

• Dear Akshiv,
      The issue is not updating bank details. If your employer not helping you, then visit the regional EPFO and update the same.

101. i tried update my date of exit in my uan portal but it is showing ,No contribution was received.date of exit updation not possible, please contact your employer. what do now

• Dear Subhash,
      I think it is an issue with employer. Check whether they deposited to your EPF or not.

• Hi Sir, I left company A and date of exit has been already updated as 15/12/2019, and last contribution was 11/12/2019. And then I joined new Company B on December 2nd, worked for a month and then in the first week of december i left Company B due to personal issues. But i got one month(December) salary from company B, but Pf contribution has not been made till today. In UAN portal I was getting a pop up saying date of exit cannot be updated since no contribution received. But now i am getting an option to update date of exit for company B. So i am confused which date to update as DOE, since no contribution was made from company B. Can i consider last contribution from company A while updating DOE for company B ?!

And another question, if the last contribution is december 2019, can i update DOE as Feb 2020 ?!

• Dear Rudolf,
          If no contribution was received earlier, then how can you enter exit date.

• Sir, before i didnt get an option to update.. since i got the option to update now for the new organisation..i was thinking if i can update considering the last contribution received from previous organisation. Can I ?!

102. This is really a good article and they way you explained is so simple, yet I need to understand one scenario. I left company A and joined a company B 2nd of Dec, again I left within a month 7th of Jan, due to health issues faced because of company timings (night shifts), so I joined another company, say it is company C on 8th of Jan, without informing company B. Now, I got paid for second month PF from company I left (that is B).
    #1) Will I able to update my exit details as 7th Jan, say if the PF paid by company I left (that is B) is on 21st Jan.?
    #2) My new companies salary is not yet credited, hence PF is not generated yet, however, after new PF generates from company C, from which PF account amount will get transfers from company A or from company B.?
    #3) Will my new company C needs to send a PF transfer request, to company B or to company A.?
    #4) Will my current company C able to access UAN portal.?

• Dear Mezdha,
      1) In that case the exit date should be 31st January.
      2) Generating EPF will not automatically transfer your EPF. You have to request.
      3) Not company but you to EPFO.
      4) Yes.

• Hi Sir,
        Our company closed August 30 2016, But when Mark exit date showing error message : No contribution was received date of exit update is not possible please contact your employer

Please help (Our no one employer working this company)

• Dear Dileep,
          I think they have not contributed any EPF amount to your account. Better to approach the company.

• Sir but my passbook showing my all contributed amount

• Dear sir after selecting account on. In mark exit, it is mentioned, No contribution was recieved, date of exit updation is not possible please contact your employer. In this situation what to do. Please let me know sir.

• Dear Durgesh,
                Hard to predict. Better you approach the EPFO through Grievance Cell.

• I oined in March 20 and in 10 days left job from same company. UAN account shows it is my as current employer while there is no
                  PF amount has been deposited.

No exit is also there. I am not able to transfer any previous employer amount as well. Pls advise.

• Dear Vikas,
                    Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

• Hi sir my pf claim get rejected due to reason for exit not updated…. But while applying reson for exit shown…
                      Could you tell me whats would be the issue??