Difference between A Khata and B Khata-Bangalore Property

Few days back I came across the question from one of my friend and client who is interested to purchase land and that land is of B Khata. He asked me is it good to have this property with B khata and what is the difference between A Khata and B Khata. So just thought to write up on this issue.

First let us look at what is meant by “Khata” according to BBMP (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike). Khata is an account of assessment of a property, recording details about your property such as size, location, built up area and so on  for the purpose of payment of property tax. It is also a kind of identification of the person who is primarily liable for payment of tax.  It is required when you require a building license, trade licence or loan from banks or any other financial transactions. It is mandatory for all property owners to pay property tax, hence you need to have khata.

Now difference between Khata and Title Deed is, khata is an account of assessment of a property for payment of tax only. Hence khata will not confer ownership of property. Whereas Title Deed is the valid document which confer ownership on property.

Let us look at the reasons behind the origin of A Khata and B Khata lands. In 2007, those under the seven City Municipal Councils (CMC)?of Bommanahalli, Dasarahalli, Krishnarajapuram, Raja Rajeshwari Nagar, Mahadevapura, Byatarayanapura, Yelahanka, one Town Municipal Council (TMC) of Kengeri and 110 villages, were brought under the fold of the Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BMP). Following this expansion and creation of the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), those who did not have appropriate approval from the concerned land development authority and yet to come under the ambit of the Palike were issued an acknowledgment which was in common parlance known as ‘B’ Khata.

However, in reality, ‘B’ Khatha does not exist. Property identification numbers are entered into a register called as  ‘B’ register stating that the civic agency has been paid its dues by the property owners. For citizens in need of an approval from the appropriate land development authority but have a Deputy Commissioner (DC)?conversion, the BBMP re-introduced Betterment Charges which will entail people to take a Khata on their property. This is how B Khata originated in the mind of property owners but not legally 🙂

Now the disadvantages of having B khata is that, you will not get building license, trade licence or loan from banks or any other financial transactions. Hence it is big hurdle to have B Khata land. Now what are the ways of converting B Khata land to A khata?

By paying betterment charges you can convert B Khata to A Khata. But you will face lot of hurdles, few of them are as below.

1) You should have DC converted property

2) Tax must be paid till date

3) Betterment charges for the conversion property need to paid to BBMP.

So the solution is to avoid purchasing B Khata properties and prefer A Khata to have comfortable position in dealing future financial transaction hurdles.

Related Post:-

Bangalore’s property revised guidance value (Effective from August 2013)

UPOR or PR Card-All property details in one card for Karnataka

Happy  news!!! -From today onwards Mr. D. Srinivasa, Advocate by profession and expert on property issues will answer your queries on this platform. Hence request you all to post your doubts regarding khata issue of Bangalore property by commenting to this post and he will reply to those quarries.

Mr.D.Srinivasa’s Profile-He has been practicing advocate since 1980 conducting mainly on civil disputes, property matters, cheque bounce cases, etc., he have worked as Assistant Law Officer in Bangalore Development Authority from 1986 to 1995. He is very well conversant with land acquisition cases, property disputes,etc., he has been giving legal opinion on property papers for various societies and banks and registration of various documents.  





1,204 Responses

  1. Sir,
    House has CMC issued khata extract ,mentions betterment fee paid receipt no and date .taxes have been paid online till date and construction plan is approved.
    It does not have bbmp khata but it is CMC issued khata .should I buy,pl suggest

    1. Dear Sanjay,
      Better to approach a lawyer to verify documents. It is hard for me to guide with the limited information.

  2. Hi Sir,
    We are planning to buy a property in Uttarahalli. The property doesn’t have approved layout plan but there is a building plan from BBMP which actually doesn’t match with the constructed house, but there is water supply approval from BWSSB, BESCOM connection and all the other connections. The property is around 5 yrs old. At first the property was B-khata till 2020 but now the buyer has made to A-khata by paying some charges etc in 2020 and tax paid is up to date. The property is under mortgage loan currently. We have actually liked that property and even paid the seller some advance. Please suggest sir, is it fine to buy the property? What are the risks? Is it ok to take that risks? Kindly provide your advice. Actually we are going for bank loan in nationalised and even bank is ready to give home loan. There are apartments, houses in next to the house none of them have approved layout plan but still how come they have got all the approvals for Cauvery water, electricity. Kindly suggest.

    Thank you!

    1. Dear Madhu,
      Not approved plan and deviation in construction are enough indicators to stay away. Rest is left with you.

  3. Sir, I purchased a plot in a converted property and I paid conversion charges, now layout owner is not supporting to provide power, drainage and road, in the conversion copy it’s mentioned that he is obliged to give to these amities. How I can take it forward,

  4. I am looking to buy a plot in esther enclave layout near hormavu its bbmp b khata but DC conversion is not there..

    Kindly suggest sir

  5. Sir, is it safe to buy a DC converted plot in Anekal .. as some builders are selling villas for low price .. is it safe ?

  6. I have a gramathana property in Bengaluru near Devanahalli. I’m planning to start a resort business there. Is it mandatory to get it commercial converted? Can I approach bank for loan for gramthana?

  7. Dear Sir,

    Could you please let me know which area is good to buy properties vishveshwaraiah layout (BDA) or D group layout (BDA A katha).
    And also what is BDA sites and BDA A katha sites.

    1. Dear sir,
      Could u plz tel me is it safe to buy a B khatha property in marathalli, manjunath layout. As it’s a ground plus first building with land. Is it safe to buy and can it be changed to A khatha ? Plz give me ur guidance

  8. I have visited some layouts in north Bangalore where they say it is DC converted , but its not A khata as its not under BBPM limits.
    Can I go ahead with DC converted , but without A khata ?
    They say it is Yellow zone and i dont have any idea on these zones.

  9. I had purchased a plot in Kasavanahalli, it is A khata and has Khata certificate and Khata extract. When I applied for Khata transfer through Sakaala it got rejected with reason of rejection saying wrong schedule (north by site number is same as my site no.). Can you please let me know what to do in this case?

  10. My father has a plot in AMS layout vidyaranyapura which he bought in 2002, at that time it was under panchayat limit and he has the panchayat khata and he also has the PID. No the layout is under BBMP limit. So can he apply for BBMP khata. Last year there was an announcement that we can pay betterment tax and apply for BBMP khata but I am told that they are not accepting the betterment tax because of a case. Is it true? please let us know how to proceed.

  11. Dear Sir,
    My father bought a flat in north Bangalore in 2004 , he got something called as uttara patra which mentions his name , property no.
    He has been paying property tax online and he has both old PID and new PID. he is planning to seel this property. Is uttara patra same as Khata. Or should he apply for Khata and Khata extract. Please let us know how to get Khata and Khata extract if one has Uttara Patra.
    Thanks Jaya

      1. Thank you. What documents are needed. And can he apply online for khata Transfer.The builder is not very helpful. Please advice the best approach. Thanks jaya

  12. We have seen a property which is in A khata(paid betterment charges and got khata) but the land is not DC converted, is it a good one to buy or any issues will come in future?

  13. Dear Sir, 12 years before , I had purchased a site in Bengaluru and I was told by the builder its DC converted and in the sale deed I see a text mentioning Sy No. XX (duly converted from agricultural to non-agricultural residential purposes by the Order of the Special Deputy Commisioner, Bangalore , vide OM No B.Dis.ALN.SR (S) XXX/20**-**** Dated XX.XX.XXXX)

    I was not aware that I should have received a copy for the same ( DC Converted ). Now I am struggling to get the same. The developer is neither not reachable or doesnt give favorable response – when I call . Can you tell me – where and how can I get that document.


  14. Hi…
    Could you pls let me know how to get conversion certificate for site…how will we come to know that site is DC converted..

  15. Dear SirT
    I Have house in Ramamurthy nagar . The layout is DC converted & completely developed.
    My house is containing ground floor & Fisrt floor.
    Now When I extending my house up to 3 rd floor, the BBMP engineer is coming stopping the construction since there is no approved plan.
    My question is
    1) Is the BBMP engineer having right to stop the house construction in B Katha.
    If we overrule the BBMP engineer instruction What BBMP can do?
    2) If BBMP engineer is having right to stiop the construction then whatwe have to do

  16. Hi, I bought a property in Bangalore suburbans (Gram panchayat). At that time, I was given Form 12 only and not Form 9 & 10. Now when I am trying to apply for A Khata, RI says that Form 9 & 10 are mandatory. if not, go for B Khata only. So my question is….is there a way we can check if there are Form 9 & 10 issued earlier? if not, what is the alternate way to get A Khata? Can you please help

  17. Dear Sir,

    I have already purchased Green belt site in thigala chowdadenahalli Anekal taluk walk-able distance from Dommasandra Circle, almost a Year back its Green Belt period over will it automatically comes under BBMP or Yellow Zone. or i need to wait for BBMP notification . Please help me out regarding this

  18. Not obtained bbmp khatha for a revenue site in RAMMURTHY Nagar purchased in 1995, 23 years back. Not paid any tax so far. Since the area now is under BBMP reportedly from 2007, kindly explain the procedure

  19. Dear Sir,
    I am a banker and resident of Patna,Bihar. I want to purchase a plot in SBI Staff Brindavan e township proposed to be coming in chikballapur, Is this safe for me to invest in above project.Please also apprise me the reputation of the builder Lotus value.

  20. Sir,

    I ‘ll appreciate if you could provide your valuable suggestion for this below query.

    The flat is registered and saledeed is done but the E- khata is not transferred yet and its still with builders name.
    I am really confused on khata transfer fee for BDA approved property at seegehalli, bangalore. I have inquired at the nearest grampanchayat office and they informed its 1% of the sale value. But according to the BBMP rule the Khata trasfer fee is 1% of the stamp duty paid instead of the sale value.

    Please suggest your opinion.

  21. I own two houses, one at Hubli and another at Bellary. I intend to give it to my daughter and son respectively. I am staying at Bellary. Which way it is better to give them ie., by way of gift or by way of partition deed. Further if I go for giftting, whether their presenced is required at the time of registration. Further whether the deed can be executed at Bellary for the gift of property of Hubli.Please enlighten me Sir.

  22. Hi Sir, I am planning to purchase a pent house with a very reputed builder – It is already like 5 years old, but new – and hence price quote is attractive.
    I heard that the penthouses are constructed without required permissions – i heard from the builder that they have obtained permission for G+6 and the 6th floor he has constructed a Duplex instead of one single floor. It still has one kitchen and I was told that the overall height of the building is still within applicable limits – they also have OC.
    Should I purchase this house, assuming all other documentation are in place? please advice!!

      1. Thank you Basavaraj. Should I be approaching any specific lawyer – I mean the legal department of any particular bank or the ones that I can find them online?

  23. Hi Basavraj & Debasish & Apoorv sirs,

    Nice & helpful to see your all comments posted here regarding the project VSV White Orchids, located at Nallurhalli, Blore-66.

    Recently, I visited the property once come to know of lesser value with all civic conveniences nearby. At the price finalisation the builder committed to provide me all aforesaid CC/OC etc with 100% documents clearance which will be mentioned in agreement/title deed also if I book the flat asap. As I asked for OC to be provided at possession, then they told: “we already applied for it and soon get it with no issues …..so & so.”

    But still I am in doubt abt the required legal documentations!! “Have they CC yet? Whether is it A khata property both for land & construction??”

    Your opinions & sharing information will help me much really!

    Plz share & suggest to decide next.

    Thanks & Regards,

    1. There is some issue in terms of property type. As they are having B Khata, so it doesn’t make any sense to invest there.
      Please look for some other property, these guys are asking for less price and which should not lure you.

  24. Dear Sir

    Generally when builder has to apply for OC because i had a plan to purchase an apartment at Borewell road,Siddhapura,builder is saying they will get OC soon.

    If i purchase that flat,so within how many days i will get OC or OC should be ready while possessing the house.

    Please help.


      1. Thanks for your reply sir,let say builder started playing with us and he just delaying the date , in that case can we file case against him.

        Pls reply

  25. Hi,
    I am looking at Nandi Pride Row Houses in TC Palya Hoyasala Nagar. Layout contains 22 houses as per the approved plan. 11 facing south and 11 facing north. However he used 2 of them for amenities like Gym and Club house and rest 20 he built.
    I could see there are some deviations like below even though CC exist and Land is A Katha.
    1. left 14ft instead of 18ft in the front of the North side house
    2. Using 2 blocks of row houses as for gym and party hall.
    3. Provided another entrance gate instead of sanctioned exit gates to roads. As per the plan two gates to roads in South side exist. Now he kept wall in that place and provided another gate to East side road.
    4. Also he has given individual gates to the houses in North side.

    Here are my doubts
    1. Can we still get OC certificate and A Katha.

  26. never buy any site under Sr No and people will it will be approved site through Akrama – Sakrama but now its under Supreme Court and its still pending so never buy any site.
    1st Agriculture land should be converted to Non Agr land and then DC converted followed by layout formation and those site should be under Approval plan from BMRDA or BIAAPA if not do not buy

  27. Hi Basunivesh,
    I am planning to buy a property off panathur road, near to JPMC in Marathahalli. The builder claims that it’s B khata and it’s under akrama-sakrama scheme and can be converted into A khata. They don’t have CC doubtful if they will have OC. How safe is it to take such property?
    One more thing is when we saw the property for 2 or 3 times with our family he said that it is A khata, we paid the booking advance by believing him and now he says the land is A khata flats are B khata but they are under akrama-sakrama scheme so they can be converted. Please suggest what can be done in such cases. Because of the builder’s lie we are losing money and we are not sure about whether he will give the money back or not.
    Please sir request your opinion in the case what can we do? Also if there is anyone else who faced this problem please let me know. Thank you so much

    1. Hi Leena

      If you have shared postdated cheque then i hope you can block from your end,generally buyer should give post dated cheque.

      Reason being saying is, i had an enquiry about an apartment ITPL road, Borewell road, Near to Dmart and Builder name is SLV WHITE ORCHID and price was so good and so as location,ITPL was 3km away,Marathalli just 4KM away.

      Me and my wife we were mentally prepared for the same and negotiation was happen,so as discussion,Yeah property was A khata and at the end he said still they have not applied for OC,then i asked why, any deviation happened,he said NO,but we have to give bribe to official,then i said building construction already done why OC has not applied and he was trying to convince me but in vain.

      So please be careful while buying, same thing i spoke with MrBasavaraj and he suggested me in a very well manner.

      People have money they do not bother to whether it is A khata or B khata or any,but if we are investing for a tenure of 10 or 15 years then we should be careful.

      2 days back, you must have read TOI, DreamsGK fraud case, still customer are waiting thr money and case pending against that builder.

      Debashis Mohapatra

  28. Dear Sir

    3 days back i had visit to one apartment(SLV WHITE ORCHID) near to DMART,Siddapura area, apartment owner said it is coming under A Khata but still they are in discussion with authority for OC/CC, but they will give after occupy the flat.
    Today one of employee called me and said, they will give OC/CC and for that they will mention in the agreement,so i am in doubt.

    Could you please help me, whether they are trying to fool me or not.

    Your early response will be helpful to me sir, thanks in advance


      1. yeah sir, thank you so much for your kind reply via phone.

        But sir, even though they are unable to provide OC/CC now, then how come govt bank started lending loan for thr project(as per thr statement all govt bank funding to them).

        As you said, i will follow the same, but will this be safe to but a flat where apartment owner saying , we will mention you the same in agreement to provide OC/CC after possession of flat.

        1. Hello Debashis,

          Can you please share details about this builder? Did you buy the property? I am also planning to buy it with them, but I found out from one of the person who already bought the flat that its not A khata.

          Can you please share details?

          1. Hi Apoorv

            Please find builder name-VSV White Orchid,Borewell road,Near to Shell Petrol pump,Dmart, ITPL road.

            Plese call me if any clarification



  29. I am planning to purchase a under construction apartment, A Khata and the titles are clear, but builder has told that the OC will not be given, but will give CC – can you please suggest if OC is not required if its A-Khata property?

  30. Hello, I am buying 3 BHK flat in Chamehalli Village Sarjapur Road Just ahead of Dommasandra Circle. The project is approved by Anekal Planning Authority which comes under BMRDA approval.

    After my loan gets sanctioned, I came to know about the occupancy certificate which is most important document needed. but As BMRDA doesn’t issues the occupancy certificate then what would be the alternative to this OC. Incase I needs to sale this property how would I am going to get that.

    I am referring below one of the post I read somewhere on Internet that Supreme Court has mandate the builder to get occupancy certificate. Kindly suggest us what is the solution to this to ensure the safety of my flat according to the govt regulations and all. Thanks

    Hon’ble Supreme Court has given a judgement in Faqir Chand Gulati vs Uppal Agencies Pvt. Ltd. & Anr on 10 July, 2008 that “Even if such a provision for providing completion certificate is not found in the agreement, the builder cannot escape the liability for securing the Completion Certificate and providing a copy thereof to the owner. The law requires the builder to obtain completion certificate of such a building.” – See more at: http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/getting-occupancy-certificate-is-builder-s-responsibility#sthash.ZOdjpJKb.dpuf

    Read more at: http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/getting-occupancy-certificate-is-builder-s-responsibility?utm_source=copy

  31. Hello,

    I’m planing to buy new Float in AECS layout -A block, This is Small Apartment (4 floors each floor 2 houses (each house 1150 sqft), The builder said it is A katha, It is good or not,

  32. Dear Sir,

    I am planning to buy a site which is not DC converted still under Grama Thana ( Agraa) please let me know as i know the owner of the Property very well and he has paid upto date all taxes for that land
    the site / land in Taatha guni – near BWSSB water pumping station
    And it has a small 3 mts Raja Kaluve which is 50 mts away from my site and 40feet high tention wire is passing behind my site so pl suggest and need your help on this please

  33. Greetings!

    I bought a resale house.Through an agent I am getting the name change done in khata and getting ekhata done.The agent says name change has been done but khata certificate is not given.Being asked he says since I have also asked for ekhata hence certificate will be given together.My questions:
    1.Is it true that khata certificate is given when ekhata is done?
    2. Does it that so long for the ekhata conversion process?It has been more than 6 months and its not completed.

  34. My sister is planning to buy a row house ,whihc the builder developer shays is A KHATA, DC CONVERSION AVAILABLE , ENCUMBURANCE AVAILABLE tax paid APPROVED , BUT SAYS THE LAYOUT IS NOT APPROVED WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY THIS . ???? KINDLY ADVISE WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CHECK. Moreover he has converted 3 sites x 1200 sq ft( each) into 4 x 900 sq ft sites( each), so he can build 4 row houses. Does this conversion of sites from 3 x 1200 sq ft to 4 x 900 sq ft as per his convenience need any other clear approval from the concerned authorities . if so who should approve such deviation? thanks

  35. I purchased a site at Rajarajeswarinagar in 2008, which was not DC coverted and having no khata so far,but it got PID number, and uptodate tax has been paid by me regularly.

    As it is still RS land can I go for atleast B-Khata, or to wait for further period looking for Akrama-Sakrama,Pls suggest me with your valueble advice sir,


      1. Hello Sir,

        The latest news is that we’re allowed to regularize properties with deviation by end of April 2017. Our builder has built 2 extra flats on the top floor and kept saying he would regularize it when the scheme is implemented. Can he do that now? Is there a need to worry for us residents in the building? What can we do to safe guard ourselves?


          1. Thank you Sir! I have another query about the home loan rates. We have a home loan with IDBI and we’re on the BPLR which was prevalent over 6 years ago and would like to switch to the current lower rates based on MCLR/Base rate? I would like to understand which one is better as the bank says MCLR will be fixed for one year and then it will come down based on the rates prevalent a year later. It will remain fixed for another year and so on.. what can we do? Is it better to switch to another bank or remain with IDBI and switch to MCLR? We’re confused..


                1. thank you Sir. I appreciate you taking out time to help us :). The Bank mentioned MCLR can be availed but the rate will be fixed for 1 year period and will not change even if the rate falls during this time, and we can opt for latest rate only after a year – is that the right approach by the bank?

                  One bad news – The court has put a brake on Akrama Sakrama now 🙁 We’re tensed and hope the builder can regularize his properties soon

  36. hi,
    We are buying a Nitesh Apartment on resale which is situated in Seegehalli. The property is 5 years old and in BBMP approved. All the paper work has been verified by 2 lawyers and also the bank’s legal team and the loan has been sanctioned.
    The seller has Form 9 and Form 11 Khata registered and has applied for E-khata as well. We have some auspicious period in which we want to register the property.
    Just wanted to know if it is ok to register without e-Khata. we were advised by some lawyers to get a declaration signed by the seller stating the e-khata application number and that he will provide the e-khata as soon as he receives it for us to transfer to our name.

    Please advise.

    1. I think at seegehalli Nitesh apartment is not BBMP approved its BDA approved. DO you know how much they charged for ekhata transfer from builder name to owner name?

  37. Recently constructed house on BMRDA approved site under Neralur panchayath and its time to pay tax.
    how much will be the tax per sqft..?
    It will be builtup area or super built up area including car parking…
    Please give suggestions on approximate cost..?

  38. I want to buy a site which is layout but site released order not came still layout owner ask me to register is it right without release of site?

  39. want to sell my flat in bangalore, don’t have khata either a or b

    if I can plan to do a b khata, what is the process, how much cost involved to get it from bbmp..

  40. Hi , I purchased biappa approval plot , In online e-khata shown voter id number instead of pan card number.

    Please help me out how to correct this.

  41. dear sir thank u so much in advance , matter is i want to purchase BDA property in vyalikaaval 2mn road malleswaram bangalore measuring 20*25.it belongs to sc/st their mother is expired and they have 07 successors in whic way ishould move what all d documenta i must see / fetch pls can u guide me on this.,.,

  42. Hi,
    We are planning to buy a property with house in Ramamurthy nagar
    Below are few doubts –
    Most of the properties plans are not approved and so is this
    not yet DC converted
    Hence loans not available from nationalized banks
    No drainage or sewage system as yet

    Please advise if it is still safe to go ahead


  43. Sir,
    I am planning to buy a site in resale which is b khata under bbmp limit in bangalore. This layout is around 25 years old and few sites are A khata and few sites are B khata. Almost 80% of sites are constucted and this is central government employee association layout. Do you suggest to buy this. Your expert advise would really help.

  44. Hi Sir ,

    I am looking to buy apartment in Whitefield . And the property is “Form-11b properties” . So, this means it’s B khata ?

    Also, when I search property ID in “E swathu” , in the remarks section of search out put shows : “This property cannot be registered as it is form 11B property without previous transactions / electricity bills”
    Is this a concern ?
    Please help


            1. hi mahesh,

              if you are looking a good property in whitefield then there is an apartment currently available with all clear title deed with OC , CC project. leave a message if you are interested.

  45. Hi Basu,

    I am regular reader of your blog. I have one question regarding a site I am planning to buy.

    I am planning to buy an land near whitefield ( 8 KM) which is DC converted.
    But not an approved layout by BMRDA, BIAPPA etc. But builder is telling they will provide E khata. This is an old layout(2009) and few people already constructed their house.This is coming under Hoskot planning authority.

    Bank is also approving loans and few people already taken loan. My friends already purchased site 3 years back and having e khata and submitting property tax online.

    So my question is, is it safe to buy that site from unapproved layout with only DC conversion and E(electronic) khata.?


  46. Hi Basavaraj,

    I have gone through the responses… which I have learned by my self going to individuals and collecting the details…

    The way your Reponses are very good and really you are sharing & helping very good information….Thank you for that….

  47. Hi BasuNivesh ..

    I am planing to purchase a Site in Mysore road from TGS company… They told its 30*40 site A katha.. Loan available..

    Can you please let me now what are the documents i need to ask them to make sure i am in correct path…

    1. Hi Parahsuram,
      Did you a plot from TGS..?
      Even I was thinking of the same.
      If yes, can you please let me know your experience and pls tell me the documents you verified before purchase


  48. Hello Sir,

    I have a confusion on sale and construction agreement with builder. During booking the builder has provided total cost breakup receipt with negotiated value but when I asked for the sale agreement they have provided the construction cost and undivided land cost as per the govt guidance value which is 6lkh lesser than the actual flat cost.I hope they should mention the actual cost in the agreement. Regarding the apartment association need to understand which is better option Karnataka Societies Registration (KSRA) Act of 1960 / Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act (KAOA) of 1972 ?

    Please provide your valuable suggestion.

    1. GP-They acted on guidance value to cash back Rs.6 lakh. But it is wrong, you can ask for actual cost to be mentioned in deed. I am not an expert in guiding you societies, but in my view “Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act (KAOA) of 1972” is best.

  49. Hi Sir. I am planning to buy a plot in Sarjapura by a Developer name’d TGS Property. They say that the work is in progress and its not yet started though. I am willing to buy it, but not sure what would be the best thing to ask them about before deciding if i should buy it or not. But they say that the plots are in A Khata already and ready to be used for commercial purposes. Plan layouts are not yet approved (its in process they said) What would you suggest.

  50. Dear Sir, I have taken a shop on rental basis on Nagarbhavi 2nd stage, I went to drug control department to get the licence and they said that I should get the Khata Extract in which it should be clearly mentioned as commerical property, I asked the owner for the same, he has given me a “rr nagar nagarsabhe Khata endorsement” and the tax paid reciept but in both there is no mention of commerical building. Now the owner says he has only this much and the drugs control department says that is not sufficient to grant licence. I am in trouble, kindly let me know how to get a bbmp khata extract with a mention of commercial? Is there any special fees has to be paid to get this certificate. Kindly answer urgently as my project is stuck between these two. Thanks

  51. Dear Sir,

    I have a site in Nobo Nagar Bangalore which is off Bannerghatta Road. It comes under Gottigere village and Arakere, Begur ward.

    I don’t know whether my Khata is A or B as it is not mentioned in the original khata transfer letter when I bought the site or it is not mentioned in the annual property tax system.The khata transfer letter just has a heading “Pramana Patra CERTIFICATE” and another one says “Suvarna Khata Uttara Patra”.

    Hence please let me know how to find whether my Khata is A or B? Is there anyway I can find it online?

    regards, Keshava Moorthy

  52. Hi Basavaraj Tonagatti, I had bought a plot in Abbigere bbmp limit B-khata. BBMP has issued B-Khata but Builder does not have Approved layout plan. According to builder if layout is approved by BBMP then A-khata is issued. I would need your guidance as i have initiated loan transfer from one bank to another and in need of this document.

  53. Dear Basavaraj Tonagatti
    Could you let me know with Digital Karnataka and Bangalore

    1. Is it possible to obtain EC from any registrar for the property situated else where? Is it possible to obtain online?
    2. Is it possible to obtain Khata online ?

  54. Hello Sir,

    I have selected a property which is BDA approved and the Builder is saying they will get the OC as they have zero deviation.When I asked them about the party hall and Gym he informed it will be on the terrace as they have done TDR for that.One more thing they purchased the land and deposited the TAX at the gram panchayat office and have the receipt. Builder informed they will get E-khata for individual flats.

    Can you suggest any risk behind this kind of property?

  55. hi, I am considering buying a site in a DC converted BBMP A katha project. The individual sites are not A katha but the project is. The property owner has paid the betterment charges. What is the risk if the individual site/ plot are not A katha. What are the documents I need to request from the property owner? Any other advice you can provide me? Thanks.

      1. Hi Basavaraj, thanks for your response. PNB is ready to give loan, so there is no problem with getting a loan. I wanted to understand the risks associated if the property alone is A katha and not the individual sites. What are the documents I need to request from the property owner? Any other advice you can provide me?

              1. Thanks Basavaraj for your valuable advice. Do you know what would be the approximate katha transfer cost. Are you aware of specific properties. I am considering Esther Lakefront in Kothanur, behind SABC college. Can you give me some details if you are aware of this project? Again thanks so much for your help.

                    1. Hi
                      I have property in yelahanka amanikere now it is in B Katha I want to convert into A Katha . bbmp people saying that after paying tax also not able to convert B to A u have to wait till akrama sakram scheme as to come . is their any other way for conversion . please suggest me !

  56. Hi,

    I have recently purchased an apartment on Sarjapur Rd from the builder. The complex has about 150 apartments. The land (on which the apartments have been built) was converted to non-agricultural. The builder is saying he will provide the OC shortly. I have few questions in this regard:
    (1) Does each apartment get an individual khata number?
    (2) Builder said that the land is A khata…does that mean the apartment is A khata?
    (3) Do we have to do a khata transfer from builders name to our name once we get the OC?

    Sorry if the Qs sound silly…but just want to understand a little bit about this complex topic.

    Thanks in advance!

  57. I am following with a new apartment project which is under construction.They have all the approvals and legal documentations. The project has mortgage of 4 blocks under laxmivilas bank. The Builder informed they will provide NOC for that.Is there in any risk involved if I am going with this property?

    kindly suggest.

  58. Hi,

    I am in the middle of the verification of an apartment project g+3 where the builder has approved the plan from BBMP according to CDP 2015 which is shown as the residential property.They have not obtained the NOC from BDA.Could there be any issue in future for such case ?

      1. Thanks for the confirmation.

        The building is almost in completion stage and builder says getting BDA NOC involves cost and time consuming .Builder informed they can provide Indemnity Bond in the mutually approved format.

        What is the alternate legal option if they are not able to get the NOC?

  59. My site in Achit Nagar, near Acharya International institute, Soladevana halli , DC converted land i have B Khata. Right now I want to A khata.
    What is the process of having for A Khata please gaiud me any one please

  60. Hi Sir,

    I am planning to buy a flat. Builder says that the Land has A Khata but the flats wont have A Khata, CC or OC. However banks are coming forward to give loans. Is it recommended to buy? If I buy, can I resale later?

    Thanks in Advance!

  61. Hello Sir,

    I have zeroed in on a property which is having A katha . The seller does not have the Betterment Charges Receipt and Conversion Fee charges paid Receipt.

    On the other hand , i can see the receipt numbers mentioned in Katha endorsement and extract . Please throw some light on this . Can i proceed without having the above receipts mentioned or should i not ?


  62. Hi Basu. Thanks to you and Mr Srinivas for responding to so many queries.

    I have certain clarifications on purchasing a flat

    A Khata – What does ‘A’ stand for in A Khata?
    Legal advice- What would the normal charges be for taking a legal advice
    Guidance Value – How is the guidance value arrived at and Can you share with me the Guidance value for a flat purchase and do we foresee a hike in guidance value in the coming months


    1. Rajesh-A stands for genuine (in the mind of people). But no specific meaning to it 🙂 Fee of legal advice depends on how much poor or rich your lawyer is. So one more smiley 🙂 It is the calculation done by Government considering the location and current true value of market. No specific method displayed anywhere.

  63. I am going to but the property but it is showing in karnataka bhoomi site that so and so that particular survey number is under BDA acquisition. but that survey number is 1.5 acres and there are large building are sorrounding in that area nearly 8 buildings and each building is four floors. Still is it possible for BDA to acquire those properties.

  64. Sir,

    I have interest in a property which is DC Converted and via other sources around the area I found that the land was given to SC/ST under PTCL ACT, When checked with the seller he confirms that is not the case and has advised me get details verified before I decide to register the property.

    Can you please help me how to confirm if the property was not allotted under PTCL ACT, is there any office in Bangalore I need to contact or any property Advocate can help me?

  65. Hi,

    We have bought a Land in Bangalore 2 years ago under my Father In Law name, Its A Khatha Property near Rajapura,Anekal. We need to get it converted to E-Khatha and also a gift deed should be done under my husbands name. Please let me know, what are the documents needed to get E-Khatha done and its time duration and also for Gift Deed.


    1. Vinutha-I am not sure about documentation. Because eKhata is nothing but the digital format. In my view the concerned authority already updated it’s system, then that’s enough. For deed, you contact a lawyer.

  66. Hi,

    I have registered a property( 3 BHK apartment unit) which is located in Doddakammanahalli, Off Bannerghatta Road in the month of March 2014 and I started living in the apartment unit from April 1st 2014 onwards.

    The builder has not completed the entire project, hence there is no OC and no khata transfer has been done so far.Builder has paid the property tax for the land till 2014-15 and has not paid the property tax for 2015-16.

    I visited nearest BBMP office to check if I am liable to pay the property tax in this case.
    Following are the points given by him:

    I am liable to pay for 3 years – 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 and gave me the break up of the amount for 3 years in the form of 3 seperate DD
    Name change will be done from the builder’s name to my name. Seperate 600 Rupees will be applicable for this.
    Payment receipt will be provided.
    Khata is not needed for paying the tax.

    My questions:
    1. How can I make payment without having my own khata number?Assuming I make a payment now and BBMP issues the receipt for the payment. What is the guarantee that payment history/credit will be given to my khata once I get my own khata?

    2. BBMP officials are ready to get the tax even without khata. Assume I make a payment now, whose khata do they use in their records now?

    3. If BBMP issues payment receipt for my payment, will that be useful when I get my own khata and can they give me the credit of property tax payment by that time?

    2.Do I need to pay the property tax or the entire full year 2013-14 since I have registered my property only in March 2014?

  67. The gap between GPA and sale deed almost 18years. I am going to purchase from 2nd party who has purchased from GPA holder.

    The GPA is registered, EC is green

  68. Hi ,
    my self Manikumar Naidu,

    I found a gap between GPA and sale deed almost 18years is there any problem for me if I purchase? Registered GPA.

  69. Hi Sir,
    I am planning to buy a site which builders say that it,s DC converted. also BBMP provided individual A Khata.SBI is giving loan on it.But the DC conversion detail is not updated in the RTC.
    Please suggest should I go for it or not

  70. Hi
    I am planning to buy a site which builders say that it,s DC converted. also BBMP provided individual A Khata.SBI is giving loan on it.But the DC conversion detail is not updated in the RTC.
    Please suggest should I go for it or not

      1. Hi Basavaraj,

        They are saying it will take time to update.Also the DC conversion is done on 2014 itself not sure why they are saying it will take time to update in RTC.Could you please suggest should I go for it or not

          1. Hi Basavaraj,

            Actually layout developer/owner is saying that it will take time to reflect the DC conversion detail in RTC.

            i am not sure what to do now,Should i go for it or not:(

  71. Hello Basavaraj ,

    I am planning to buy a property [30X50 plot @ 4K per Sq.feet, B-katha, DC-converted, with all clear titles(verified by lawyer)] in Thanisandra about 3 KM from Manyatha Tech park.

    Request you to please clarifies my below queries:

    1. The Builder has obtained the NOC (from BDA) which was on 2006. He is refusing to provide me the final notification document (which states that the Sy.No X is not considered for land acquisition) from BDA and insisting me to acquire the same from BDA if I need it. All I am worried here is how can I be 100% sure about this property that BDA will not consider for acquisition (as this sy.no X was announced as BDA property for Arkavathy layout)

    2. From the investment point of view, is this good option to buy this plot for 60 lkhs..? as the amt is huge..!
    Will I get the good returns if I plan to sell it after 3 or 5 yrs.. (location is very close to main road, good approach roads in layout and 75% of house already present in the layout)
    2a : consider if the land is still B-katha
    2b: consider if the land is A-Katha

    3. If I keep the same amount in FD (under senior citizenship) for 5 yrs with 8% PA, I would get returns of 24 lkhs(not considered TAX) , so it would be close to 82 lkhs after 5 years.

    4. Please let me know whether option-2 is better or Option-3. (considering the risk factor for B-katha and final NOC from BDA for arkavathy acquisition)


    1. for point #1, please consider below statement;

      (as this sy.no X was announced as BDA property for Arkavathy layout in 2003 and later the same Sy,No was de-notified and NOC was provided in 2006).

  72. Sir,

    I would like to buy b Khata house in Bangalore. Kindly guide me what all the records needs to be check. Kindly provide details.

  73. Hi
    I am planning to buy property from 2nd party of 30×40 size in kyalasanahalli, Jigani hobli. This is property is developed by Upkar developers and they say it is BMRDA approved.

    right now they mentioned earlier it is under Gramtana and now to moved Jigani CMC( City Municipal center). When I requested for katha paper they have got me handwritten one.

    this form only contains information about property size and owners name and Katha no and tax paid information but does not contain any site location direction.

    Also I see Katha no mentioned in Sale deed is mismatching with CMC handwritten sheet.

    When I check with them, they say as documents are moved from Gramtana to CMC to the register no’s will change to they will have new katha no according to their document.

    please confirm is it good to proceed with buying this property ? if so what all documents that I need to collect from seller for verification before buying.

    thank you in advance.

    await for your response.

  74. Dear Sir,

    Im Planning to buy a plot of size 20X30 in Sidedahalli area which is near to Jalahalli in tumkur road and it is B khata site , is banks give loan for only buying plot ? not for construction…..only plot purchase?

    Please help me.

    1. Rekha-For B khata properties, usually all nationalized banks and reputed private sectors banks not give loans. You have to check with high interest rate loans from local banks or co-operative banks.

  75. Dear Sir,

    I have bought a flat in duo heights layout, begur. I got loan from SBI (my assumption is that SBI will not give loan, if there is any problem related to building/land). I am not sure, whether my assumption is tru or not. As per the sale deed, it says, its a DC converted land. Can I go for A khata, if yes, legally, how much I have to pay to BBMP ?

  76. Sir, I want to purchase a flat in Nandi Enclave which is situated in Chikkalasandra. The premises was built under group housing scheme with permission from BDA in 1995. BDA has issued occupancy certificate for the flats to the Builder. The Flat Owner being a non-resident has applied for khata Transfer in May 2000 paying a fee of Rs.2055/- to the Asst Ravanue Officer, Basavanagudi, then onwards did not bothered to enquire what has happened. out of 300 flats about 250 flat owner have A khata. Now when we approached the BBMP authorities they say they will issue B khata and are demanding a property tax of Rs.1.5 lakhs for 710 Sq.ft. area and Rs.1 lakhs for Khata stating we have to pay Betterment tax etc., In a Block constructed in 1996, having 120 flats maximum people have got A khata in their name where as now why these authorities say that they issue B khata I am unable to understand?

  77. Sir,
    I had purchased land in one of the private layouts in Begur in 2003, constructed a house and am residing there till 2004. I have with me the title deed and have been paying tax to the BBMP year on year. I do not have a A or B katha however and have also not paid any betterment charges.

    Is it necessary that I should have a Katha for my land? If I don’t get one, what would be the repercussions?



  78. I bought a land which was A-Khata. And after registering the piece and parcel of land from that whole 2 Acre it became B Khata. But it has all documents, DC conversions , Property tax, Khata certifiacate. Is it safe if I start construction in B-Khata land ? Please advise.

  79. Sir,

    We have few choice in buying property

    Builder : Esteem – 2 bhk 1154 sq ft 60 lac
    Builder : Celebrity Structure 3 bhk 1116 sq ft 36 lac
    Builder : Sipani Bliss 1365 36 lac says they have A katha but still some certification is pending… but we like that flat in that property .
    Builder : Celebrity Structure : Villa project -76 lac 30*40 sq feet— loan will be more but good for future i felt

    which is better to purchase . we don’t want to go with huge budget and suffer .. all are surrounded to electronic city near to fly over

  80. Hi Sir,

    I have purchased independent house 30X40, and it is not DC converted, but has following facilities like 30Feet tar Road and have B katha, electic.

    Please kindly advice, if I want take A katha, is it possible(As it is not having DC) ?

      1. Hi Sir,

        I have Buoyed the house , that does not have DC conversion, as it’s B-Khata and that lay out is under BBMP.

        All other land documents are clean. I want to check with you on few questions:
        1. Is it safe to buy the B-Khata house?
        2. If it is ok to buy, what should I be checking for – DC conversion proof, property tax receipts?
        3. If it is ok to buy B-Khata house with out DC conversion is it possible to apply A-Khata in feature ?
        4. Can this site be converted to A-Khata in the future? If an Akrama-Sakrama comes through, is it possible to convert it at a later state?

              1. Hi Sir,

                We are planing to buy a b khata property which is DC converted. is it safe to buy? and this land belongs to SC ST guy and this is not granted land.When we asked for the documents for lawyer verification he gave whole land properties not for particular plot what we are planing to buy and all documents are clean and clear.Is there any problem to go ahead and is there anything left to check.

              2. Hi Sir,

                Please kindly confirm on below one:

                1) I have purchased house already , which is not having DC conversion , as you said it’s still agri land. Is there any prob?

                If prob, what type of problem will face?

                2) If I want avoid the the prob, what type of action have to take?

                  1. Hi sir,

                    Already constructed house, I have purchased. I have contacted with lawyer before buying , Lawyer advised to me, you can buy it.
                    I have taken Home loan from CanFin Bank . They have sanctioned the loan also.
                    Please kindly let me know if any problem’s are there with this ?

  81. Hello Sir,

    I am looking at buying a constructed in TC Palya area under KR Puram. This is a B-Khata property.

    All other land documents are clean. I want to check with you on few questions:
    1. Is it safe to buy the B-Khata house? Or is it better off to completely avoid buying this house?
    2. If it is ok to buy, what should I be checking for – DC conversion proof, property tax receipts?
    3. If betterment charges have not been paid, can this be initiated now?
    4. Can this site be converted to A-Khata in the future? If an Akrama-Sakrama comes through, is it possible to convert it at a later state?

    On a related note, in some BDA layouts, I have seen several people building a 1800 sqft BUA house in a 600 sqft BDA site. The site has A-Khata. If the building plan is not approved and has violations, will we have similar issues as we have in B-khata?


      1. Dear sir,
        We have a ground floor Built area, Now we want to Construct only 1st Floor do we need to take BBMP Approval and what is other procedures plz do let me Know?

  82. Prior to forming of BBMP (2007), in 2001 it self I have purchased a site in sivs priya nagar, madivala village. The land is converted to DC. Since then I am paying taxes in concerned maroof punchyat . I have approached concerned anekal town planing office , the officials were told me to get construction approval from marsoor punchyat, hencen the approval plan was not issued by them. Is the panchayat approved residential plan is authentic.please reply.

        1. I have read in bmrda bylaws, there is a provision for converting a single site from b kat ha to a katha, if the land is converted from agriculture to non agriculture (dc). Is it correct. I May not be up to that language, please clarify

  83. I have purchesed a property 25×20 in Whitefield, Bangalore in 1991 in the same year I bought another 5×20 to make the entire property 25×25 but i did not get the katha for the added property even though I applied for it I did not follow it up but with agreement with the owner I continued to pay tax for the 25×25 property. When I decided to convert the land to an A katha the agent who has my papers demanded 50,000 for adding the exter bit on to the fresh Katha even though all my taxes are up to date for the 25×25 property. I understand he is trying to cheatme but I do not know what the price of changing kathas from A to B costs. Could you please advise on the cost?. Thank you

    1. Dear sir.

      I have purchased a site through sale deed in a gramapanchayati limits , it has 9 & 11 type khatha. But Panchayathi officers are not recieng tax. This property title is in my name according to sale deed. Khatha is in previous owner. Iam trying to pay tax on previous owner name only.but the officers are not receing property tax. next what step want to take against them sir ? I want to pay tax in the name of previous owner till khatha transfer to me.
      Please ….

  84. Hi,

    I am planning to buy a land with Sizzle Properties near Chikka Tirupati Road. They are claiming the land as ‘A-Khatha’.
    How do I make sure that all documents are proper? Anything else I need to check?

  85. Sir,

    I planning to buy a site which i saw recently, it is BBMP A khatha but they do not have DC Conversion. I am not sure how they got A Khatha from BBMP. Please suggest whether to go ahead or noy

  86. Hello BasuNivesh,

    I am planning to buy a Pent House in a apartment complex called Navami Nandini by Navami Builders. The apartment is located in Nandini Layout and is BDA approved. The plan approved is for G + 3, but the builder has built a penthouse and i am planning to buy the same. {this property has 12 flats approved, but 14 flats have been built, 2 of the additional flats have been built as pent houses on the terrace} .

    Please let me know about the complications of buying a flat which is not approved. However there is a OC already for the property.

    Abhinandan Belagur.

  87. I am exploring to buy a multi BHK house in HSR lay out and the properties are eligible for loan and they are BDA Sites with A Khata and Plan Sanctioned from BBMP, but they say Occupancy certificate is given for apartments not for BDA properties ? So BDA properties do not get occupancy certificate ? Which properties do not need occupancy certificate ?Whether any property – like individual house, multi dwelling house also need occupancy certificate ? Thanks in adavnce.

  88. i want to buy a flat in uttrhalli the land is a khata bu building is b khata can i buy the flat siri gruop siri smaran

  89. Hello Basavaraj,

    i am planing to buy a 2 Bhk flat in electronic city near niladri raod in front of ajmera and i am new to it and they told me that SBI will not give you loan on this and they also told me that it comes under gram panchayat .

    Could you please tell me whether i should go for it or not ???
    and what are the points which i need to check before buying

  90. Hi sir,

    I have recently purchased a pent house in Gottigere, Bannergetta road. I wanted to get electric connection in my name from previous owner name, so i was said to to get Khata in my name to switch the connection in my name. So my query over here is that when Khata Papers came into my name, so the category of Khata Paper said that it is E category house. I wanted to know what is E category about. Are there any issues owning a E category flat. your assistance on this will do the needful 🙂

  91. Dear Basu Nivesh,

    Seeking your advise on this.

    Couple of years back I’ve bough a residential plot on B Khata in Begur area. Then the land developer had told that BBMP will come up with Akram Sakrama program in few months then we would need to pay the due fees to get the same converted into A Khata. But so far there’s no such program in last two years.

    In the absence of such a program, what other option do we’ve to seek A Khata on this plot? The developer had paid the betterment charges as prescribed already. I would need to go for home loan to construct house on this plot. Due to the recent HC verdict on B Khata, even the properties on B Khata potentially become illiegal.

    Pls share your advise. Thanks in advance.


  92. Registration of my site (30X40) near Kothaganahalli village Anekal TQ has been completed and EC also received but my A Katha has not yet received and it is in pending for 4 months.
    For getting this A Katha the builder has already taken 10, 000.00 Rs for challen payment.

    What is the procedure for getting this Katha certificate ?

  93. Sir,

    I am buying a plot in Medahalli near Krishnarajapura . May I know who has to give permission layout plan approval ?

  94. Hi, I would like to know if the layout is approved under BMRDA, do we get a A khata or B Khata for the property?

  95. Hello, I am looking for the details about Pembrook layout in Panathur Main Raod. It is a B-katha property and people said it is possible to convert into A-Katha. I would like to know if anyone has converted their land in Pembrook to A-katha? Would be interested in knowing how to do the conversion. Please let me know if any one has converted already.

  96. Hello Basuvinesh,

    This is regarding online property tax payment.
    I have purchased DC converted site 30 X 40 at Nallur Village.
    The site comes under pachayat. Also it has BIAPPA approval.

    Earlier, i used to pay tax for this proprty at Panchayat office.
    My question is: Can i pay the property tax online for this site?

    If yes, can you please help me with the online site link for this.


  97. Dear Sir,

    I have small site about 15 X 40 size near kengeri Uttarahalli road, and it is privately developed site without DC convertion. However till 2010-11 property tax has been paid by the person from whom i bought site in 2014. My doubt is whether i can apply for Akrama Sakrama scheme and get my Site converted to A khata. Kindly confirm

  98. I am planning to bye a constructed house that is built on a site (30×50) on a piece of land (16.5 guntas) that is DC converted but still not approved by BDA or BMRDA. This piece of land is now under BBMP limits and has A khata, with betterment charges paid. When showed the papers to the lawyers, they are fine with the papers but my father in law is insisting that there has to be a layout plan (drawing or a design) showing all the sites and roads formed in that 16.5 guntas. Seller of the property says that there is no such layout plan available since the DC converted land (16.5 gunntas) is not approved by BDA or BMRDA. Do you think that a Layout plan is a must, let us say in case of any litigations in future say by neighbours etc, as to whose site or site number falls where in that layout made out of 16.5 guntas.

      1. Thanks for your comment. Sir, I thought A khata was good enough to buy the property since Banks also extend the loan for A khata properties that are DC converted. As a matter of fact, I am given to understand by Banks that almost 70 to 80% of the DC converted layouts do not have BDA approvals. It is good to have BDA approved layout but if it is not, I thought as long as the layout is not notified by BDA or BMRDA, it is good enough to go ahead and buy it.

  99. Hi Sir,

    Website is more helpful and great help with your answers…:-)

    I am planning to buy property in Margondanahalli(panchayat limits), Builder bought property(not yet registered) and started constructing house. We w

  100. hii am planing to buy bbmp a khata site. . the builder has provided all the documents the layout has got bbmp a khata since they have paid betterment charges, its dc converted but it does not have individual site A khata the builder is telling to pay advance some money (5L) they have talk with bbmp officials regarding individual a khata for all the plots during registration they will provide individual a khata which they will mention in the agreement when we pay advance amount. . they are telling within 15 days they will provide individual A khata which will be mentioned in agreement when we pay advance. . can anyone please suggest on this. .

      1. hi sir the owner is telling he has already discussed with bbmp officials and payed the money for individual A khata will get the the individual A khata for all the sites within 10 days or money will be refunded which will be mentioned in the agreement i have legaly verified documents with the advocate, the advocate has prepared the agreement and mentioned clearly in clause for A khata issue, and damages or loss if any arise and also mentioned for public notice . . the only problem arrised was how to identify your property that it comes here no documentation for identification of property since layout is not approved. . so my query is if they provide individual site A khata and khata extract with PID number then will the identification of property issue will get solve ? if i go for immediate constuction when they provide individual A khata after the registration will any problem arise if layout is not approved ?

  101. I have a query about the following scenario:
    1) A Farmer owns an agricultural land
    2) DC converts the land
    3) Sells DC converted land to a builder
    4) Builder gets BDA approval for an apartment

    – Now, when we check the RTC of the agricultural land, it is still in the name of the farmer… why is the builder name not shown in the RTC, though he is currently the ownwer of DC converted land?
    – Does the builder needs to pay betterment charges … or is DC conversion charge paid by farmer is all?

  102. Hello,

    I have finalized a resale property for purchase in JB Nagar. Owner is syaing that the land is ‘A’ Khata but the building is ‘B’ due to additional ‘5th’ floor constructed..
    KIndly let me know what all documents that I should ask him to furnish in order to verify the claims.


  103. hello sir

    as I want to purchase 30*40 land so what all proof of land do we need to register and how we can come to know that this land sale documents are register under BBMP, As you know lots of fraud going on all around ,,like selling one property to so many peoples ,,,so how we can come to know this land paper are perfect.

    1. Hi Mr.Ulla,

      I can Provide the best lawyers info, who deals with all the land related issues,registrations, etc, in and around Yehalanka, Deavnahalli, Chikkabalapura, area, even I’d purchased site in Chikkabalapura upon his advise.

      you can mail me at [email protected]
      thank you

  104. Hi ,

    I have a property with sale deed upto 24 years of ownership. However I am unable to locate the mother deed of the property as buyers are consistently asking for it. The problem is that the oldest sale deed which I have does not state where the seller got the property from. he has not mentioned any of the details like the prev sale deed number or survey number or any other information which can help me trace the property details. Would your lawyer be able to help me in this regard? The property is legitimate as all the other documents are in my name. Just this one part where i am unable to locate and hence unable to sell this house. Could you tell me if this is something which can be helped with? If yes, can I have the contact details of your property lawyer?

  105. Hi, I recently saw a plot and want to purchase it.
    The plot is having measurement 30 * 40 but it is having additional land near that is nearly 400 sq ft
    The builder will give the plot to people who purchase both plot (thus making over all shape odd).
    Builder is saying they will give A Khatha. I am sure about 30 * 40 site that they can give A Khata.
    But what about the 400 sq ft?
    Some where I have read that minimum 600 sq ft will get A Khatha.

    Should I go for the property? Kindly suggest..

    In site plan, 30 * 40 and 400 sq ft part is shown seperately..so I am not sure that is part of actual approved plan..

    THanks in Advance.

      1. Hi Basavaraj,

        I have purchased a 40X50 (Rectangle) land in Elivala, Mysore from a Developer. I have land registration done in my name for the said measurement but at the time of Kath, developer says the dimension is reduced to 40 X(48/2+45/2) something like trapezium. Is this legal? I need “as is” pls advice a way out


        1. Rajesh-I feel the actual dimension is as it is in khata. But your developer lied you and said the typical site dimension. You have two options, one to come out of this deal and second is to accept as it is in khata.

  106. Dear Sir,

    I bought the land near Nelamangla, around 1200 sqft. From S.V Property.

    They are saying will get the E-Khata .. What is mean by that?

    Kindly help in this


  107. I plan t buy a flat near begur .
    Earlier land is agricultural. Builder has paid betterment charge from when it has come into BBMP from 2008 . Does it become DC converted or apartment construction ?
    BBMP has also given approval for construction. Is it valid to get further OC & final khata transfer ?
    Kindly suggest.

      1. What would be the procedure to claim it as a proper site ? A general question

        Is it ok that Agricultural land is divided into sites & betterment tax is paid along with tax then it becomes a proper site without DC conversion

  108. HI ALL

    What is the Difference between Revenue site and B katha site, are both same, does Kalkere near Horamavu is a Gramatana sites or DC converted sites or B katha site….

    PlZZZZZZ let me know…..?????????????

  109. Hello Sir,

    I purchased a residence flat at Ayyappanagar, Hoodi. This apartment is having deviations like it has Penthouses.
    Before beginning of building construction, builder has converted the empty land to non-agricultural residence purpose

    I have documents like sale Deed, Encumbrance Certificate (EC) and I have paid property tax till date based on the Survey number.

    Though there is deviation, Occupancy Certificate (OC) is not issued by the BBMP. Now I want to make KHATA for my Flat.

    Which Khata I can make ? A Khata or B ?
    Making B Khata is same as Khata Extract ?

    Please reply.

    Thank you.

  110. Dear Basavaraj,

    I am looking at purchasing a site in electronic city. The land in which the site belogs is around 35 guntas out of which only 22 guntas is DC converted(This document is available). Now the developer says that the site that I am looking at falls within the 22 guntas that is DC converted but there is no document to support his claim. Can you please tell me if there is any way of telling whether my site falls in the DC converted part of 22 guntas or not. Also, is it safe to go ahead with this purchase if the registration is done at the time of the purchase. Is it possible to register non-DC converted sites. Appreciate your response.


  111. Hi Sir,

    I really appreciate your help to clarify the doubts.

    I am planning to buy a A Khatha plot in Bangalore. What at all documents should be taken care here sir.


  112. Sir, Recently I have purchased an apartment in Bidaraguppe , Sarjapura Main Road, Attibele which comes under BMRDA (Anekal Planning Authority). I have sought advocate’s opinion and he found it is legal property. During booking of flats, the company said they will provide OC. They got all the approvals from the concerned authorities and they provided photocopy of the same. When I insisted for OC while registration of the property they verbally told that since the construction is not yet completed it will not be possible to apply for OC and they will get it once constriction is over. They did not included this clause in the sale deed. But, now they are refused to provide OC? We feel that the builder had deviated the original approved plan.

    Now, my question is that is mandatory to get OC in BMRDA jurisdiction? If it is mandatory, how can we get OC from the builder when he clearly refused to give it? Is there any legal provision to that all builders should give OC to the flat owners?

    There are more than 200 flats in six floor (with stilt park) in this premises. Please help us in this regard.

    1. Hi Ramaiah,

      I work for a real estate co and we have properties at the same location (Sarjapura) , As far as my knowledge goes OC is not applicable under BMRDA limits, till now only BDA and BBMP can issue the OC, but i think you should check the building blueprint once and compare it with the physical built plan you will get to know the percentage of deviation done by the builder.

  113. Dear Sir,

    I have brought a flat near Kengeri three years back with bank loan (from the owner not from builder), till date I have not received my Khata certificate.. whenever I approach the owner from whom I brought the flat, he says the BBMP is stopped providing the Khata. how do I handle such situation…

  114. Dear Sir,
    i recently bought BIAPPA approved site in devanhalli ( Venkatagirikote Grama Panchayath) I want to apply for khata transfer . Please advice on the procedure for applying and the documents required from the seller . I Have Original deed and latest EC. Should i apply in BIAPPA office /BBMP office or at Venkatagirikote Grama Panchayath .
    Can i apply through SAKALA to avoid bribes and middlemen.

  115. Sir,
    I am paying property tax in BBMP since 2008 for my BBMP ‘A’ khata site. I had obtained khata certificate from the concerned local municipal body in 2004. I have paid BBMP property tax till date. Now, I have applied for the khata and khata extract from BBMP as instructed from BBMP. Is it a correct procedure ? kindly advice.
    Best Regards,

  116. hi sir,

    I am purchasing BMRD approved Plot .
    BMRDA number : APA/LAO/61/2013-14
    kindly suggest which katha it should have “A” or “b” ?

  117. Dear Sir

    I am in the US and I have a flat in Bangalore. We plan a visit to India this year and wish to pre-close our Home Loan from SBI. Everything was going on fine till a few days ago, we came to know that we have to collect our Khata and Khata extract from BBMP and it will take atleast a week’s time.

    Will the absence of the Khata documents affect our successful Home Loan closure and receipt of original documents from RACPC, Bangalore? Please advise.

  118. Hi Sir,

    Need your suggestion, I am looking for a purchase of B-khata site, Which is 3 months before DC converted under the limits of andrahalli BBMP. The titles are clear. But when we asked for land khata, building saying that khata for land will not be issued, however during registration will pay tax and make the B-khata for site on your name….

    Kindly inform, whether any problem in issuing the khata for dc converted land

  119. HI Sir,

    Today I have seen a plot in hoskote “Aditya Grand” they said plot is DC Converted but they didnt get BMRDA Approval.
    Can I buy that land.

    I have seen another plot without DC Conversion & BMRDA Approval but very low cost , can i buy this land in future is there chance to get DC Conversion & BMRDA Approval.


  120. sir i am looking for a A katha land near by varthur madurara nagar 2nd stage. owenr is saying he has A katha for the plot with sheet house and paying taxes regularly. My question is since the land is having A katha can we consider this one is BBMP approved plot?

  121. Dear Basavaraj Tonagatti:

    It is nice to see you spreading the knowledge about various topics.. really appreciative.

    Please help me with the following situation – I bought residential plots (converted from agricultural lands) in Harohalli village near Yelahanka, in 2008. I do have deed and registered documents with Survey numbers and Khatha numbers. I paid taxes in May 2008 to panchayat authority. But now the documents might be transfered to BBMP authorities.

    Since I am in abroad, I need to know the process on how to identify my PID / Khatha numbers, so I can pay property taxes online in the BBMP website. Do I need conversion from B to A Khatha? Where and whom should I call for paying taxes online. When I tried to get my PID from http://asbpa.bbmp.gov.in/newpid/, it is asking for the Old PID or Application No., which I do not have to fine my new PID.

    Please help me out.

    Thanks a lot!

    I am a Certified Financial Planner by qualification and currently living in Bangalore. I am using this platform to spread knowledge about Personal Financial Planning. Hope you too join me in spreading this awareness 🙂

  122. Hi
    I am planning to buy a B khata plot and not required lone from the bank for this. Will it create any problem in future. Please suggest,
    Thank you

  123. Hello Sir,

    First thing first-You are doing a great job by clearing our doubts. Highly appreciate your efforts sir.

    Ok, I am planning to buy a flat (B-Khata property) near Hoodi Circle, Blr. Since it is a B khata, I understand that I have to check from LIC or SBI (I prefer Govt. banks) if they will provide loan now.

    But my question is, when I will re-sale the flat in future, will the new buyer have issues in getting a loan since its a B-Khata property?

    Thank you in advance for your assistant.

      1. Thank you Basavaraj. Yeah you are correct, many things can change in 10/20 years.
        Moreover, I have checked with the builder that the property is SBI and LIC approved, so getting a loan is not a problem now.

  124. Helllo Basunivesh,

    I’m in process of buying B-Khata property under BBMP limit in yelahanka region with out DC Conversation (which could be used for commerical purpose as well). Property price looks reasonable relativelty for B-Khata under this region after checking prices in these area for sometime.

    I had approached few banks including nationalised bank & Pvt Bank, few nationalined Bank says that they can fund for B-Khata under the discreation of Bank manager upto certain Amount only which doesn’t fit my requirement, During this process of approaching Bank, I did meet few DSI (Agents) who deal with providing B-Khata, they claim that B-Khata can be converted for A-Khata for Loan purpose (I’m suspecting something fishy around this)…Any experience or suggestion.


  125. I have DC converted site and I would like to get A Khata for this. I went to Vidyaranyapura BBMP (where my site situated) office with all the required document for registering for A Khata. They told me that we they are not issuing A Khata.
    Few months back, I read in news paper that BBMP will issue A khata and now they are declining it. It is really confusing and could you please get me the correct information on this matter.

  126. Hi, What’s an “E” Katha ? I see many advertisements in the news papers that the builders are selling the developed plots, but it’s “E” Katha ? Could you please provide some info on this ?

  127. Hi Sir ,

    We have paid advance to an plot in Devanahalli , and its quite some time now . The registration is still not done and since we bought this from my uncle only we were not insisting too much as he used to tell that the Registration is not Open as the concerned team is updating the details for E katha in their system.

    Now we want to proceed with construction , and he is asking us to make an GPA and proceed . Once the registration is open he will get the registration done. Kindly Advice what needs to be done in this case.

    Registration is not Open , GPA is it valid , or is there any other way for creating the document for security of the plot in our name which would be valid by government.

    With Thanks & Regards

    1. Seems-I never heard that Govt stopped registration in Karnataka. I feel something wrong in your uncle’s motive. So without registering it into your name is risky. Now it is left with you how much you believe your uncle.

  128. Hi, Saw a Apartment in Sarjapura Road, Hodi sipura Village, Builder says the apartment is under Panchayat Approved and within few years it will be BBMP Approved, can i go ahead with this?

    Also we can see many A-Tier builders has constructed Apartments with BDA Approval on the same area, so we can say the area would be developed and facilities from BDA would be given to this apartment also ?

    Can you please help here.


  129. Sir,
    I am planning to buy an apartment in bangalore whitefield. I almost finalised the apartment. During my discussion with the builder i understood that, they don’t have Akhata approval. They tried convincing me by saying it would happen soon(under processing 90%). Will there be any issue in future if i buy a property which doesn’t have A khata approval?

    1. Varun-No issue but you will not get the loan facility from nationalized banks and I think your developer mis-guiding you saying so. Because as of now there is no such process going on. Still to authenticate his claim, I suggest you to consult expert lawyer on the same.

  130. I purchased a flat which have a B khata. After 4 month builder is distributing A khata and I got a A khata for my flat but name mentioned of previous owner. I have that A khata certificate and extract.
    so how to transfer on my name and what is the procedure and charges for this.

  131. Hello,

    Is it possible to get the B Khata converterd to A Khata for an individual apartment owner for that individual’s flat by completing the necessary formalities or it has to be done for the apartment as a whole.

    Appreciate your assistance.


    1. Hi,

      Iam salaried person and want to purchase B Khata property in Bommanhalli ,Is it possible to get the housing loan for a B Khata property !!? and which banks are providing the loans and what is the rate of intrest

  132. Dear sir.

    I brought a 40/50 site in 1992. From landlord. Near Hosa road. Very next year we build small house n reading there.

    But tht land lord forged n re sale tht site to 3rd party. ..

    From 2004 he failed a case agents us.

    NOw Our lawyer suddenly return the case saying he hv tomany cases he can’t handle.

    We requesting you to please help me to know gud help full lawyer to continue the case.

    If it’s goes wrong we don’t have any opinion to live…

    Next hearing is 10th November.

    Requesting you to pls help us.


  133. Hi,

    I have purchased B-khata plot in 2012 and in sale deed it is mentioned that B-khata number is xxx and after registration, i have done my b-khata transferred from previous owner to my name, but the b-khata serial number shows different.

    Can you please advise, will this make any issue?



      1. Hi,

        Previous owner B-khata form serial number and my new B-khata serieal number is different. Can this would be a problem in future?

            1. Hi,

              one more clarification, as i said registered my plot in 2012 and i have been paying property tax through on line for 2013 and 2014, but name remains the previous owner in property tax papers? is it a problem in future?

              I have consulted few people they said, this would automaticaly updated in bbmp data, but when don’t know. Can you please pass some information on this. Many thanks for valuable time and reply

  134. Dear Sir/Madam,

    I have zeroed in on a DC converted, B Khata ground floor constructed independent house. I got it scrutinized by a Lawyer and I have spoken to the neighbours. I learnt that The AC had cancelled the grant on 2/12/10 since it was a grant land and was sold before 15 years however in 2011 against the petition filed by the owners the DC on 17/8/11 set aside AC order and subsequently the layout was DC converted on 23/1/2013. Further to this I enquired at the DC office against any appeal by the Govmnt. in any of the courts. I found out there is no appeal till date.
    My concern is, in future is there any possibility of further implications/ Rulings on this or is it relatively a safe property to buy.

    Kind Regards,
    Dr. Asesh B

  135. Hello Sir,
    I have a home in Bangalore which is jointly owned by me and my mother. My mother wants to execute a release deed in my favour to release the share of her property. How much would it cost, I contacted a lawyer and he told me it would take 25000 rupees. Please help and clarify

  136. Hello Sir,

    I am planning to resale my apartment in Electronic City. I even got a Buyer. The buyer had to take loan, so they contacted Bank. They said Khata is mandatory. So, I went to the panchayat office to take Khata. They said that they have not started issuing Khata for anyone who has registered after Jun 2013. I registered my apartment in July 2013. What should I do now? Is there anyother way to get Khata so that the loan can be passed?


  137. Sir,

    I am planning to buy an apartment in DSR Ultima Harlur rd. Due to vastu related, I have requested the builder to change the apartment entrance door position to one feet. Do I need to get an approval from BBMP for this change.

    Please advise.


  138. Dear Sir,

    It’s my parents property, which is still registered in my mother’s name who is no more. It was not registered in my name. Can you please let me know the answers for the following.
    For convenience the Khata was transferred to my name and I have been paying the property tax. I have a brother and Sister
    Does Khata transfer means that I own the property
    Does Paying Property tax mean I own the property

    Do you have any official document which proves that.


  139. Hi sir, I recently went to see a `A khatha’ plot which is for sale, could you tell me what is A khatha all about, what all the documents I have to take from the owner to check and where those documents to be verified, is there any chance of fraud/cheating etc… If I use the survey number of the plot on website, can I find the name of the property owner, please suggest me whether shall I move forward in buying that plot, its 30×40 measurement, in fact the place is liked by me and my family members, its near Vidyaranyapura, he is charging Rs.25 lacs which I feel is better price…I am looking forward for your reply….thank you very much….

    1. Manjunath-Meaning of Khata is already mentioned above. What type of documents you need to verify is all together a different story and depends on the property you are buying. So suggest you to consult any expert lawyer who can guide you in better way.

  140. Hi Sir,

    Thanks for you detail explanation on A-Khata and B-Khata, it was really helpful.

    I need your legal advice over purchasing an apartment in Vijayabank layout.

    After lot of lookouts, I’ve zeroed down to an apartment near RTO office. The builder commits only B-Khatha for the property and he doesn’t guarantees on providing a OC or A-Khata. Reason – the construction has a deviation on fifth floor. He confirms that during akrama-sakrama, this will registered for A-Khata but timelines not committed. But HC has issued a interim order restraining the karnataka government from going ahead with implementation

    Leading banks like SBI has approved this project.

    Now my question, is it safe enough to buy this apartment..Will there be any legal issues afterwards. Can i get the OC or A-Khata in later stages.

    Please advice.

    Warm Regards,

  141. Hi Sir,

    Its been quite some time we have been searching for a good plot, and now filtered below 4 as per our preference,
    Since our preference is Option-1, One person who is in this field says as how could that Builder give for such lesser price when in the market is actually higher in that area, & while building the house someone may come for any kind of issue and put a stay order ( assumption ), So they are asking us not to go for it. Anyhow, we have given for the legal check, if the lawyer says its fine with the document, IS IT safe to buy it or still their are chances for any issues in future ?
    and even after the document check and we purchase any of the below, what is the safe measurement for the future.

    YOUR EARLIER ADVICE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. Since we need to finalize by tomorrow.

    1. A Khata, BBMP
    2. B Khata, BBMP
    3. B Khata, BBMP, DC converted
    4. B Khata, BBMP, DC converted.

    Thanks & Regards…

  142. Hi Sir,

    I have seen a plot near to Sarjapur. But the plot is not DC converted. But the plot very near to it is DC converted. It comes under panchayath. So any idea when the plot will be DC converted? I heard that now govt has stopped DC conversions till 2025.
    Pls reply..

      1. Its still an agricultural land. But Govt has allotted survey number for that plot for dc conversion. Any idea like when the conversion will be done?

        1. Radhika-It is another part for allotting survey numbers. But the question is why to take risk? I think low price may pushing you to buy this plot. Think twice and act. Because we don’t know future Govt rules.

    1. Hello Basavaraj,

      What does it mean legally when builder saying we have Khata “A” for property but no Khata exists for the site within the same property? Please he;lp clarify this question.


  143. Hi ,

    I was going through your blog and it was really useful,I hope you will be able to help me answering my query.

    I booked an apartment in uttarhalli Bangalore, and Builder has built illegal Pent house which is not ib Plan. I have purchased floor below that.


    Need your assistance .. Thanks

  144. Hello Sir,
    I am looking for a residential plot near Bagalur – Hennur main road and have visited few projects and all are DC converted and comes under Panchaythi Khata ! However the builders are saying within a span of two to three years their projects will be coming under BBMP for which the notification has already been issued by the Government because of the upcoming KIADB and Financial city projects.

    The residential projects as such has all the civic amenities like roads, water, electricity and sewage connection for each of the plots.
    The builders don’t have any bank approvals for providing loans for their projects yet.

    Can I go ahead and book these projects and what are the documents that I have to ask them before buying any of these plots and whom to approach for verifying the documents ? Please advice !

    1. Vishwa-I heard there are so many such builders who are coming up with projects which even not approved by anybody. So becareful as such things are happening rampant in outskirt of Bangalore. To lure you then do such things like providing civic amenities. But will they provide it for life long?? I doubt it.

      1. The projects that I have visited till now are all gated community. What documents should I ask them so that I can verify with any lawyers and do you suggest any particular residential projects for investment purpose ?

        1. Vishwa-There is no such rule neither in India nor around world that gated community means a safest zone. It is the creation of builders. So don’t be hype with the project presentation they might have shown you. You ask them all the documents related to property, including the approval of project. I am not a big fan of real estate, so sorry.

  145. Dear Sir,

    In my sale deed they have mentioned H.L Khatha no. so and so but not site no. Whether this sale deed is valid one. I got RTC , and paid tax. please reply

  146. Hi Sir,
    I wanted to know how much does A Khata transfer take approximately for a 1200Sq feet apartment.Is it true that khata transfer has to be done for all flats at a time and you cannot do it individually?

  147. I am planning to buy a flat in owners court, Sarajapur Road. I have seen a flat with G+4. What I understand they are having G+3 approvals and the top most floor entire build as pent house. Please let me know if I am busying this will face any legal issue in future.

  148. Dear Sir,

    Very recently I have bought a new flat in electronic city and completed the registration and during registration I have applied for e-khata. Builder said its a BMRD project, now, my doubt is how can I check whether its a BMRD approval project or not and also how can I know mine is A-khata or B-khata. My project has been approved by SBI, HDFC, ICICI etc for home loans.

    Please advise.


    1. Ibadh-Plenty of people have misconception that if banks like SBI, LIC or HDFC approving loans means everything is proper. Don’t be in such belief. Whether you verified the documents with expert lawyer before proceeding? If no then first do that.

  149. Dear sir

    I am planning to buy a site in Vijayashree Layout near Mysore Road and near BEML 7th stage, Rajajarajeshwari Nagar (near Global Village Tech Park). It has B Khatha and DC Conversion.

    How can I find out if the site is “eligible” for conversion from B Khatha to A Khatha? Will the BBMP accept Betterment charges now and convert to A Khatha or does one have to wait till Aakrama Sakrama is passed?

    Any guidance would be most appreciated.

    Thank you sir


  150. Hello BasuNivesh,

    I brought an newly constructed apartment in C V Ramanagar ( Bangalore ) 3 year ago.
    The land where the apartment is build got an A khatha where in because of Major deviation in the building, we flat owners got B Khatha, for which i got a loan from LIC as well and paying my property tax every year as well.

    Just wanted to ask if i can convert this B Khatha to A khatha property now in case i want to sell this property?

    Look forward for your response.


      1. Hi Basu,
        I am a very frequent visitor of your blog and you are doing a great work.Thank for this.

        Actually, as per the original question.I also bought an apartment a year back (while it was under construction) which is built on a land which has ‘A’ Khata.(Khata before building)

        Now that the building has been completed and I have moved in, we are following up the Builder for Khata for each residence.The builder says that he can get us only ‘B’ Khata.

        1. We all know without OC , we will not get A-khata
        2. We all know that the builder is hesitant to apply for OC as there will be BBMP check for deviations in the building.
        3. So, the builder will get us the B-Khata (Which i not really a Khata I understand).
        4. The option now is to get the B-khata and wait to see what happens with new BBMP betterment charges . Hope state legislative accepts it and people like us convert the B-Khata to A-khata?!
        (we are till talking with builder and insisting for OC though!!)

        Now in this case as well, the Property land was A-Khata and after the building has been individual apartments will have B-Khata.

        Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect and educate me either ways.

        Note: I am learning all this property related stuff after I actually bought the flat 🙁

        1. Chandra-Sorry for delayed reply. No during the process of approving the land for A khata they will verify the unapproved construction. They may penalize you and approve for A Khata for individual. But this is my assumption. So for better understanding I request you to contact any expert lawyer of this matter.

            1. Hello Venkatesh

              I read your question. Even I am in the same situation where the land is in A khata and the builder says I would get B khata when I buy an appartment in that plot . The construction is already done and few appartments were occupied. I am waiting for your answer to decide whether to buy to or not. Kindly let me know.

              Hello Basavaraj Ji

              I want to buy this as an investment purpose. Is it a smart choice ? Kindly throw some light

              Thank You

              1. Avinash-Without knowing the details I can’t say whether you are right or builder. Hence better to consult expert lawyer on this matter. Buying for investment means think twice, because liquidity, future growth of real estate in that area and other alternative investments are very much comes into picture.

                1. Hello Basavaraj,

                  I have bought a flat in an apartment in OMBR layout and already moved in Jan2014. The khata for the site as per my understanding since it is BDA site is A khata. The building has deviations and the builder has refused to apply for OC. However one of the neighbor through an agent has managed to get us A khata and khata extract for the individual apartment, (except the penthouse). The khata documents have a PID no. and appear authentic to us.
                  Is OC necessary for A khata as mentioned above?
                  How can I check if what I have is a valid A khata?

                  Thank you. your blog and replies are very informative.


  151. I have flat in one apartment and we have got OC for the apartment.
    In this apartment, khata has already transferred for 74 flat before July 2014. Recently i applied for khata transfer and as per the BBMP, there is a new rule has come on 1 July 2014 and according to that if the betterment charges are not paid to BBMP, them will not perform any new khata transfer. I am not sure if there is any new rule has come recently.
    One important point here is that first 74 people did it through some agent who charged big money to them but we some people did everything ourself

  152. Hello Sir,

    I have bought a site in Mummy Daddy layout and has got B khatta for the site. I want to take a construction loan now to build my house but the bank is asking me to get the DC convertion certificate. Please let me know how to get this certificate.


  153. Hello Sir,

    I am looking to buy a mid sized apartment in Electronic city. It comes under the Panchayat limits and it is E-Khata(Electronic Khata). The legal advisor the builders says there is no legal complications, and we can go ahead.

    I want to know, once this location comes under BBMP, BDA or BBRDA (either of these), will there be any issues.

    Many Thanks

      1. Dear sir,

        I came across a DC converted plot for sale near horamavu which is under panchayat approval and he says he has E Khatha for the property. Im new to bangalore. Kindly guide me if i can go ahead and purchase the site. He also says its approved by financial institutions for loans.. Pls advice sir..

        Thanks and regards

  154. I am planning to buy a property wich has a khatha isssued by Bomanahalli Municpial Corporation? The owner has not dgot any new documents?y How will i know wheter it is a A kahta or not now? Whwre can i get the required documents. He is payiong the property taxes on line now with a new PID no.

  155. I constructed through an AGENT & BUILDER 600 sft house in II floor basavangudi against approves 250 sft by BBMP in 2001.

    I own only the II floor. FF , GF owned by friends. we own separate KHATHA through partition deed of a 60*40 site

    Reason for 250 sft approval was FAR limitation as now told by the builder.

    Now can I get the plan sanction for 600 sft.

    Kindly let me know

  156. Hi,
    My flat’s khata bifurcation has been done. But my builder is charging more than 50k for it. He is threatening to give it back to BBMP if I do not pay him the amount. Can the builder return it to BBMP once the bifurcation has been done? Now if the builder does not give me the khata at all then what else can I do to sell my property?

  157. Dear Sir,

    Please let me know How to find out the current running market price of the B khata DC converted site in a Particular area? Will this be available with BBMP offices ? what is the source to find out the same.

    1. AR-Currently in India real estate is so unregulated that if you visit today then seller will quote one price and next day another price. So it is hard to judge the price of any property irrespective of whether it belong to B Khata, DC converted or A Khata.

  158. Hi

    I am planning to buy a site in Yelahanka its near to new RTO office.
    Documents related to land are proper but it is not DC converted.So can I go ahead and purchase the land?

  159. Hi

    I am planning to buy a site in Yelahanka its near to new RTO office.
    Documents related to land are proper but it is not DC converted.So can I go ahead and purchase the land

  160. Hi Sir,

    My friend has constructed a house in B- Khata property , where BBMP wont issue Plans
    they have paid tax from 2008 till 2013 , now after construction , we went to pay tax and BBMp wont have any records that we have constructed a house and if we ask to fix the tax amount for the new house , they are telling with some rough calculation of amount to pay tax without visting the place ,

    Please let us know is it a legal one to pay the tax with rough amount.


  161. Hello Sir,
    I have a registered site in a layout in Hoskote that has been DC converted. Also, khata has been obtained by the layout owner for the entire layout. However no bifurcation has happened and so individual khatas have been obtained for the sites in it.

    I was told that I cannot apply for khata for my individual site. The layout owner is not ready to spend money to get khatas for individual sites. Could you let me know what are the next options for me? Will Akrama Sakrama scheme if launched help me obtain a khata for my individual site? Can I also not sell my site until I obtain an individual site khata? Please advise.


    1. BR-Why your owner staying away? What if something happens to the whole area then who take responsibility? Why can’t buy when actually property khata issued in individual name? Why so hurry??

  162. Hi,

    We have property in Kannamangala B Khata, We applied for DC Conversion.
    After Conversion, do we get Loan.? which bank can give Loan.?

    And, We have another property in Mahadevapura A Khata, however this property is Hakku Patra, i’ve contacted some of banks & they said they don’t provide for Hakku Patra, then i applied in IDBI bank [Non-Finical ]. then they said need DD for this site, but we din’t sales to anyone or this 25 yrs back Govt, allocated to My dad.
    for Hakku Patra, any banks provide’s Home Loan.????

    Appreciate your reply.

    Thnks,. C MB

  163. Hi. This is Prabu.
    My grandparent owned a land and before making any deed he got expired and the Panchayat made a document where in stating that my father is a guardian of the property. This was more than 25 years ago. Now we wish to sell the property. What are the procedures to sell the property and what are all documents to be taken from the BBMP office to sell the property ??

    Please suggest me.

  164. Hello,
    We came to know one house is for sale and visited through broker.
    House was good but problem here is the site was given by government for ppor people some 20 years ago.now the owner wants to sale this land.

    Now my question is can we take this house and we can change it our name legally without any problem.
    Is any chances of problem in future.

    Please suggest

      1. Hello Basavaraj,
        ok thanks.Can you please tell me is we can purchase land given by government for poor people.
        here we showed 2 lawyers both have different opnion.
        we are in confusion to proceed further with this

  165. I need a “Surviving Family Member” certificate. I live in Bangalore (near Hebbal lake). My father died long ago (in Delhi) and my mother died 2 years ago in Bangalore. I am the only survisor of the family.

    I have the death certificates of both my parents.

    Please let me know if you (or anyone you know) can help me get this certificate.

    Thank you

  166. Hi Basunivesh,

    I was going through your blog and it was really useful,I hope you will be able to help me answering my query.

    I booked an apartment in akshaya nagar near begur, when I booked the apartment , builder claimed that it’s an A khata , thinking that it’s genuine ,I purchased the same , I did insisted builder that I will not be taking a loan from the approved bank , instead I approached SBI thinking that they would check everything which they did and approved the loan.

    Now I realized that only land is A khata and the appartment is B khata , also builder has deviated the plan and built 5 pent houses in terrace , need to know the following ..

    1. What is the procedure to make my apartment A khata
    2. Should we need to change the B khata to my name from builders name before changing to A khata.?
    3. I had already paid property tax for this year before the khata got changed to my name, is there any issues? I see the tax receipt has got my name.

    Need your assistance .. Thanks


  167. Basavaraj Sir,
    Pls rely to my qtn:-

    I have purchased a plot, it was registered in my name, But Khata not transferred to my name, BEScom bill in my name.
    Reg. Khata not transferred to my name is there any problem in this regard.

  168. Mr. D. Srinivas Sir,

    I have purchased a plot, it was registered in my name, But Khata not transferred to my name, BEScom bill in my name.
    Reg. Khata not transferred to my name is there any problem in this regard.

  169. Hi,

    I have booked a flat in the KR Puram. I am yet to take home loan & before paying anymore full downpayment I wanted to make sure land on which apartment is built is ” A” khata. I have obtained the khata certificate from builder and as per builder it is A Khata property and after 1 year flat owners need to go for sub khata.

    This certificate just tells Khata number and the owner name and date of issue. How will I confirm whether it is A Khata or B Khata?


  170. Dear Basunivesh,

    Can you provide me (to my email ID) a reliable property lawyer for verifying the legalities in buying a property.


  171. Hi Basunivesh,

    Can you share me any lawyers details nearby to Banashankari for legalities related to buying a property.


  172. Hi,

    Need somebody to clarify:

    I am looking to purchase a B khata commercial land, on the Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. The property is prime location and has future prospects, and thus dont want to miss it. My concern is whether I’ll be able to convert B khata to A khata after registering the property in my name. The property has DC conversion, and the current owner has been paying all property taxes till date. Will I be able to register the property in my name and will A khata be issued later ?

  173. Hi Sir,

    I am planning to get my flat registered in coming days. However there is a small doubt. My flat is located in Electronics City which comes still under panchayat. So for BDA approved project of mine, they are not authorized to give the Khatas/certificates like before. They can do it only through a computer software and only using that computer generated eKhata, i can go to the sub registrar office and register this property.

    So my issue now is, the electronics city panchayat(or any other panchayat) is still not well equipped to use these softwares or even computers.

    How can i get this done? Can i approach any other panchayat where its done? DO you know of any one panchayat where its enabled or can i even approach other panchayats for this purpose? Request your help.

      1. You can not get it done anywhere else other than jurisdictional panchyath office, the only the alternative option is ,if concerned panchyath PDO not familiar with computer and its new software, he may take assistance of nearby panchyath office PDO/staff but khata must be issued in juridictional panchyath office only

  174. Hi,

    I bought an apartment few years back. Now the Builder says that the no. of flats built is more than that what was approved, which he did not show the approval to us till now. Due to this to get Khata we are forced to give a huge amount as bribe. Is this inevitable or can it be avoided.


    1. Rakesh-It is not legal from builder. In future when you try to sell it to someone then it will create a problem. Hence I suggest you to fight with your builder rather than paying bribe and getting khata certificate as temporary solution.

  175. Hi,

    I currently own a b khata property in Nagawara, Bangalore and was looking for a mortgage loan. Can you please suggest me some banks/societies where in I can go and apply for it? Does Corporation Bank, IDBI Bank provide such loans?


  176. How is the betterment charge for an apartment applied? Is it applicable for the land or apartment? My flat is around 1400sft and undivided share is around 450sft. Please advise how to calculate the betterment charges for my flat? There are 8 apartments built on a land of 5000sft.

  177. Dear Sir,

    We have got sale deed registered in 2009 from a Person (A) who is a GPA holder & this GPA is irrevocable & only notarized and not registered.

    since supreme court order was passed in 11-Oct-2011 that sale deed from non registered GPA is not valid .

    but our sale deed was done prior to oct-2011, Is our sale deed valid?

  178. Dear Sir,

    My dad(A) was given a GPA from the owner of a site, using this GPA my dad as per Government Order 30 TMD 30-06-1997 paid betterment charges & got a khata to his name, how much rights do we have on the property based on this khata?

    but now the same site owner gave GPA to another person(C) via GPA, person C using this GPA made a sale deed in favor of his wife (D) in 2010

    my dad(A) also with the GPA made a sale deed to my Mom (B) in 2011,

    now my question is 1) who has the rights on the property,
    2)since we had paid betterment charges as per Government Order 30 TMD 30-06-1997 do we have more rights/weightage?

    Please advice

    1. Kiran-First verify the land documents with any expert lawyer then you will come to know. Because one can not sale property by holding GPA. One must have specific power of attorney that too registered to proceed the sale. Paying Govt charges will not validate your ownership on property. But still it is best to consult a lawyer with the valid documents then arrive at decision.

    2. Thanks Basavaraj sir,

      need one more help, from where can I get the Government Order 30 TMD 30-06-1997, I tried to search in central library & other offices like Archives dept in vidanasoudha, but couldn’t .

  179. Dear Sir,

    My dad(A) was given a GPA from the owner of a site, using this GPA my dad as per Government Order 30 TMD 30-06-1997 paid betterment charges & got a khata to his name, how much rights do we have on the property based on this khata?

    but now the same site gave GPA another person(C) via GPA, person B using this GPA made a sale deed in favor of his wife (D) in 2010

    my dad(A) also with the GPA made a sale deed to my Mom (B) in 2011,

    now my question is 1) who has the rights on the property,
    2)since we had paid betterment charges as per Government Order 30 TMD 30-06-1997 do we have more rights/weightage?

    Please advice

  180. Hi Dear sir ,

    I have purchased a site (20*30) which Original GPA documents are under first owner , I have only Colour Xerox of GPA is there any legal requirement which needs to be done . Since i am applying loan in Co-opertive bank.

    Please provide you valuable suggestion on the same.


    1. Raghavendra-Either you are going for loan with co-operative bank or nationalized bank, first consult an expert lawyer. Then proceed. With mere sharing this much information, I am unable to guide you in a better way.

  181. sir we are software enginers .. we thought of making a ricket pitch in green belt at sarjapura road..
    but problem is ,, in green belt making parks and field is allowed .. but now i came to know that in 8-10 month the land(green belt) will be converted to yellow belt .. after that also can i use the land for play-ground and rent it for cricket ground.. plz help me

  182. sir, we had bought a house in ananthapura, rammurthy nagar in 2010 and it has only b khat and doesn’t have DC conversion. will I get a-khata when the government pass akrama sakrama bill?if not,what should I do?please suggest.

  183. Hi

    I have an issue at hand which is bothering me very much and require your great help to solve the same. Please do have a look at this issue and recommend the needful

    There is a property in Chikkalsandra which I intend to purchase,which is having a A Khata issued by BBMP, the betterment charges are also paid to the government. The plan sanction has been done in accordance with bylaws and the same being built. There is no conversion order on this piece of land and as the betterment charges are paid, it was deemed that this amounts to conversion.
    I got all the documents of the land and one of documents was RTC issues in favour of previous owners. Since that RTC was dated in 1994, I decided to get the updated RTC which mentioned that this land was a Government Tank. I pursued further to find more details and found a high court order of 2004 which was setting aside a 1979 land tribunal order giving registration to the previous owners. Now the issue is in Land tribunal of Bangalore south taluk and nothing has been finalized. The total extent of this government land is 3 acres or so and there are like 70-80 houses in this area. Not even a single site is empty with all of them getting A Khata and Plan sanction.

    What to do at this junture, as we have entered into a sale agreement with the owner. The current owner has purchased the property in 2002.

  184. Dear Sir,

    I have already purchased Green belt site measuring 40X60, and it is not DC converted, but has following facilities like 30Feet tar Road & road side trees have planted, water piping has done, electricity poles, drainage’s, small park for children’s, plus club house, and this layout has total 500 sites approximately & all of them were sold and most of them are purchased by Army personnel, Can you please help me how can I pay betterment charges??

    And also I have heard from third party, saying this area is going to convert from green belt to yellow belt shortly, may be by February or March-2014, will be implemented.

    Kindly reply on this and also please suggest what need to be done to pay betterment charges.

    For your information, I have taken Katha in my name from Panchayat office and also paid property tax at Panchayat office.

    Once again I request to post your comment.

  185. Hi,
    we have purchased a land near Nagavara,
    it is a B khata land and now a registered property.
    we are paying taxes for this piece of land to BBMP as property tax. But not the betterment,as the procedure hasn’t started.
    we were advised by the land seller that it is a layout,so we assumed it could be a DC converted site.

    Question : how will I know if the site is dc converted ?
    will paying tax mean that the site is approved for DC conversion ?
    If the conversion has not happened..what is my next action?

  186. Dear Sir,

    I have already purchased Green belt site measuring 40X60, and it is not DC converted, but has following facilities like 30Feet tar Road & road side trees have planted, water piping has done, electricity poles, drainage’s, small park for children’s, plus club house, and this layout has total 500 sites approximately & all of them were sold and most of them are purchased by Army personnel, Can you please help me how can I pay betterment charges??

    And also I have heard from third party, saying this area is going to convert from green belt to yellow belt shortly, may be by February or March-2014, will be implemented.

    Kindly reply on this and also please suggest what need to be done to pay betterment charges.

    Once again I request to post your comment.

  187. Dear Sir,

    I have purchased Green belt site measuring 40X60, and it is not DC converted site, and is it possible to pay betterment charges??

    Kindly reply on this and also please suggest what need to be done to pay betterment charges.

    Once again I request to post your comment.

    1. Never even take risk of greenbelt property as most of the court judgement is against Greenbelt encroachment and there is no chance of legalizing greenbelt

  188. Dear Sir,

    I am suresh i have a plot 30X40 in Kogilu Layout B Katha, is their any option to convert B Katha to A Katha,

    There are about 60 plots in this location but till now only one buildling construction has happened. When we approach bank they say they can’t give loan for B katha you will have to covert to A katha. Is their any option to cover our plot to A Katha. Is their any legal option to covert the same since many brokers say they will get the conversion done is it true will their be any problem if we go ahead.

    Please let me know at the earliest sir

  189. Hello sir

    I have booked a flat and my builder is not providing “Commencement Certificate” and “Occupacy Certificate”. Can i proceed buying the flat or will it create any issues for me in future.Please suggest me a good solution.


      1. Hi Sir

        Thanks for your valuable service for unknowns like us.

        My Builder is telling that they will not provide both commencement and occupancy certificate at all and i can do katha transfer that is enough like that. Is it correct? or i can cancel the booking..


  190. Hello Sir,

    Me and other two friends, all together, bought 1800sft site and got it registered through 3 different sale deeds of undivided share of 600sft each. Now, we want to construct a 3-storie house, each one floor. For that, We need a single khata with all three people names. For this, BBMP is asking to submit an amalgamation deed among we three people and that should be Registered (not notarized).

    Below are my questions:

    1. Registering the amalgamation deed is mandatory? (why not just notarized?)
    2. How much would be the registration charge for amalgamation deed?
    3. For any other purpose this amalgamation deed is required? (apart from getting khata transfer)


      1. Thanks for quick reply Mr. Basavaraj. It would be great if you can post (or email) Mr. D Srinivas sir contact details (address).

  191. Hi,

    I am about to purchase a land near Hosa Road Junction(Basapura). The 40*40 land is part of a layout which has around 50 plots. The builder has provided all documents. He is giving A katha certi also. But he has no BBMP approval for layout. HE HAS A KATHA BUT NO BBMP LAYOUT APPROVAL. Is it ok to go ahead with land purchase? Any problems will occur in future?

    P.S. Loan is also provided by Corp Bank , Indian Bank and other such banks for this layout.

  192. Hi Basavaraj, i have booked a property which is near Marathalli (A-Katha) apporved by banks like SBI, LIC HF and Oriental Bank of Commerce. The document has everything except Family Tree and Conversion Order. When asked the builder He said Family Tree is not available and since the land they obtained was A-Katha before itself, there dont have conversion order. will this be a problem in future if we do not have this. also how can we find if the property from whom our builder purchased has any history of cases filed. Please share your knowledge on this. Thanks!

  193. Hi…
    Me and My friend purchased west faced 2400(40*60)sq ft as 1200sq ft as front portion 1200sq ft as back side with common passage 8*60(480 as common passage on ground only) mentioned in sale deed We both having the rights on common passage it is BMRDA approved Panchayat, We both got the loan with the sketch can we both get the Panchayat Kathas please tell Me the procedure to get katha…

    Thank You

  194. Sir,
    I am planning to buy a flat in RR nagar. The land is a khata and there are total 24 flats available. One of the person has already purchased the flat and he had registered the flat in his name and he has taken loan from bank. Now because of some personal issues he wants to sell it. Till now the owners association is not yet formed and there is no A khata for flats. Can I go for it. The seller is telling he will provide me the b khata for flat and bank is also ready to approve me loan atleast if flat has B khata. Please suggest..

  195. Sir,
    i have a confusion on Katha A and schedule A property?(is both are same?)
    i came accross the sale aggrement document of my friends home, there they mentioned as land is schedule A property but building is schedule B property.
    I dint understand wat does it mean.
    please help me in understanding the above.

    1. Komali-I don’t think there is any connection between khata issue to Schedule. In my view Schedule of property usually meant for describing the property boundaries. If you still have doubts then my suggestion will be to consult the lawyer.

  196. Dear Sir,

    I have one question, Those layouts approved by BIAPPA(near Devanahalli) is worthy same as BBMP approved?? . I have seen most of the post on BBMP approved, BMP approved, BDA or BMRDA approved. What about A-Katha or B-Katha could affect in this area for BIAPPA approved?? Please through some light on this question.

    1. Vasanth-BIAPPA is another body which approves the layout surrounding to the International Airport. So no need to bother about this. Again I think Khata issue will depend on the same way of procedure like discussed above.

  197. Dear sir,
    First itself my sincere thanks for your service of legal advice through blog like this which is quite informative.
    I have two sites measurung 1200 sq ft each in vabasandra village anekal taluk for which saledeed executed during september 2004,But the vendor has not given Khatha .Can I get Khatha and pay property tax now.I have neither Khatha nor tax paid for the two sites.Kindly advice me what I have to be done for getting Khatha , paying tax EC and mother deed for the same..In the sale deed there is no survey no and site no and khatha no shown same.

  198. Hi,
    This is Chermanna from Bangalore. Request for you kind help in below situation.
    We wish to purchase a home from a person. When asked about if he has A-Katha, property dates back to about 2002, he mentions he may not have A-Katha but he has only Katha extract. I believe this extract is not sufficient for taking any step further.
    Can you please guide or tell us would there be a way to obtain an A-Katha based on Katha Extract. If so how to go about it or would there be any other way to obtain it and how.
    Eagerly waiting for your kind help.


  199. Hi Sir, am planning to purchase a plot in Bangalore and also have booked the same in Jigani.Have received a CD of all documents pertaining to the land/plot. Since Axis bank and LIC are having a tie up with them for loan purposes, I decided to taken up 75% loan from AXIS bank. Have paid the loan processing fees for getting the loan from AXIS bank. Once since is done, I would be going for registration. Kindly do let me know, what all documents should I receive once the registration is done so that the risk of fraud is not there?

  200. Hi, This is Padma from Bangalore. We purchased a villa from a builder which is under construction. It is BMRDA approved. Now the construction is complete. Am asking the builders to register the villa in my name. Now they say that they are waiting for online katha from Panchayat office I don’t know what this all about? I just need to get the title deed or the property in my name.
    Am very confused. They keep telling me that they are waiting regarding the On line khatha and even there is no other alternative to complete the registering the property in my name?
    Could you please advise.
    Thanks a lot.

  201. HI am Ravi staying in North bangalore, we have ancestor propery in bangalore and in Devanahalli for which my parents wanted to give it to me since I have 2sister’s who are already happily married staying at there in-laws house to change the Khatta, sale deed Etc., to my name i’ve need to know how to about it, i’ve had checked with SAKALA how to go about it they had told to meet registrar, to fill the application, some fees, with the property document along with NOC from my sisters for the same my sisters also ready but am not sure how to make a NOC & since my mothers bangalore property in which we are staying is of my ancesters which we have the absolute sale deed on my mothers name but we have not paid the betterment charges with this can we do the khata on my mother name and subsequently can we transfer the property to my name kindly plz assist…

    Ravikumar ([email protected]

  202. Hi Sir
    I have some basic doubts on Khata
    We have bought a Flat in BSK 1) Before registration of the flat, builder gave us parent docs and Khata for land and previous building on that land. They have demolished that old building and built and selling about 20 Flats. We have bought one of the Flat. 2) Now registration is complete. 3) Should we now get Khata transfer or khata bifurcation for our flat in our name? or is it Transfer of khata 1st and then bifurcation? Thank You so much.

  203. DEAR SIR ,

  204. Mr. Basu Nivesh your details on difference between A khata and B khata is explained in simple language and accurate. i have gone through the same struggle and even high court order has not made the BBMP change its decision on such matters.

    i wonder why BBMP in first place has amalgamated new areas without taking notice of such development with regard to non conversion and other related matters putting public under hardship.

    few of them are as below.

    1) You should have DC converted property

    2) Tax must be paid till date

    3) Betterment charges for the conversion property need to paid to BBMP.

    regarding DC converted property,
    it is impossible to get the land (now under BBMP) converted since DC do not have powers to convert those because it is already under BBMP limits. (high court direction) then where is the point BBMP mentioning about conversion now.

    regarding tax paid
    i agree even if taxes are paid BBMP cannot deny and has to oblige for proceeding with A khata.

    regarding betterment charges
    it was in high court of karnataka that without proper determination of expenses, BBMP cannot collect betterment charges and has stayed on such collection, still BBMP is taking affidavit from the owners for payments when called for such payments.

    when khata determines only for the purpose of paying taxes why BBMP is making it so difficult for itself. collection of taxes will make them richer.

  205. Hi BasuNivesh and Srinivasa,

    It’s a great blog. It’s helping so many guys to get their concerns clarified.

    Here is my concern

    In the sale deed the BBMP khata mentioned by developer is something like this, as an example 891/906/F-7,F-8/3 but when i transfered the khata to our name the number they are now showing is 891/906/F-7,F-8/3/GF-3.

    My question is does the Khata number changes when the owner ship changes?

  206. Hi BasuNivesh and Srinivasa,

    This is really great blog. Thanks for you both for clarifying many doubts people have posted.

    I am new to Bangalore and presently I am planning to buy a 30×40 sqft land near Outer Rind Road with loan. As per general inquiry, many friends and acquaintances are telling me not to but plots/lands in Bangalore even if they are A Katha. The owner might have multiple agreements and in future I might be facing problems. My queries are as follows:

    How should I make sure that the A katha plot is not under litigation?

    Since I am planning for loan, will the bank people help me in making sure that the plot is litigation free?

    I came across an article saying that after buying plots in Bangalore and as soon as the construction starts, some people might create problems by arguing that the land is theirs, and I am not supposed to construct a house there. In other words land mafia like cases where the owner and those guys will be having offline settlement. How should I make sure that I wont face this kind of problem? Does going for BBMP A katha makes sure that I will be away from there problems?

    When I am going to buy A Katha sites, is it required that I demand for past 30years land ownership/past 3 owners record papers to avoid future problems? Or just confirming from register office that the person is the owner of the BBMP A Katha plot is sufficient?

    And my last query, how will I make sure that the person I am dealing with is the genuine owner of the BBMP A katha site? Will this get clarified by register office people?

    Sorry for long comment, how you understand my curiousness and fear by buying a plot in Bangalore.
    Looking forward for your kind reply.

    Thanks and Regards,

  207. Hi ,

    I have purchased revenue site directly from the owner and this owner made plots in his revenue agriculture land and sold to us. Owner and entire family tree members have registered this site to me. Also I got FORM number 11 and 9 from village panchayat office.

    From past 30 years this property is owned by same owner.

    Will there be any issues with the revenue property I purchased.

    1. Dear Jayadeva,

      The revenue property has been formed unauthorized without obtaining the conversion of land and approval of layout plan from the concerned competent authority.

  208. Hi Sir,

    This is brief history of property belonging to servay no. i have few doubts regrading purchasing property.
    Person A is Original owner and he has 7 acres Land. his children’s Person B(Female), Person C and Person D are joint owners.
    Person E(she) purchased 10 guntas from Person C and D in 91-92 and then 16 guntas from Person C in 92-93.
    Person E gifted 26 guntas to her brother in 02/2013. It is DC convertion land, he does not have conversion order and no betterment charges paid. The sale deed contains 4400sqft. He is telling he has A khata without conversion order and without betterment charges paid receit. I am planning to purchase 1200sqft from that.

    a), Person E’s 10 guntas mother deed. Person C and Person D was signed. Person B is not signed. As per IHC Person B aslo joint owner. I am not aware of any partition between Person B(Female), Person C and Person D.
    b. Person E 16 guntas mother deed only Person C signed no information about Person B and Person D

    I have few queries regarding the property.

    1. If others are not signed is there any issue in feature?
    2. if I am purchasing from Person E’s property, Is it necessary to get all the details of Person A like his death certificate, Family tree and Family tree of his childrens?
    3. With out paying betterment charges is it possible to get A khata?
    4. if i purchase this site can i get A khata as per Akrama-Sakrama rule?
    5. How do i get NOC for A khata or verification A khata details? where i need to visit for this purpose?
    6. To purchase property, How many years of history required for verification?

    Thanks in Advance
    Suresh Kumar

    1. Dear Suresh,

      As per as the land is concerned it looks like a unauthorized land. If the owner does not have the conversion order he can apply to the concerned authorities on the basis of the old conversion order number and then will furnish a certified copy of the conversion order if it is legally converted.

      Kindly obtain a legal opinion from a civil advocate taking all the papers available to you in this regard.

  209. Sir,
    is there any Special Notice (document other than Khata certificate and Khata extract ) issued by BBMP for assigning new Khata numbers. A(is New Khata number) and B (is old Khata number)


      1. Dear Suresh,

        Kindly approach the concerned revenue authorities of BBMP to get the clarification regarding old and New number.

  210. Hello Sir,

    I am planning to buy a Flat in Electronics city. 90% of the flats being constructed by the builders here are Panchayat approved. They say the area does not come under the purview of BBMP yet and hence only Panchayat approvals are available. Is this true ?

    Is it OK to buy these flats? There is not much alternative otherwise available except for the premium builders like Prestige which are extremely expensive.

      1. Dear Rajesh,

        Check whether the land is converted and conversion order is in force. If the area does not come under BBMP, then it will come under any concerned planning authority i.e., BDA, BMRDA or other Town Planning authority and they are the only people to sanction the plan if the land is converted.
        Kindly take a legal opinion from a civil advocate.

  211. Sir,
    is the Katha category applicable only for land? or is it applicable for flat also? My son is buying a flat in Bangalore. Builder says land is of A-khatha. Would that mean that we would get A-katha for the flat? i heard about some occupancy certificate and without that, we wouldn’t A-katha for the flat. And I also heard that to get the occupancy certificate, building should have been constructed according to the plan. is that true?

  212. hello sir,i am Dhanu. v got b khatta site n k.r.puram in maragonddanahali, v r not getting loan for b khatta, which national bank can v apporach. pls help us.

  213. I would like to sell eagleton propert,but they have stopped registration because of computerized khata,pl let me know how to sell

    1. Dear Muralidhar,

      The Government of karnataka are computerizing all the properties coming under village panchayat limits. Hence, until the process is completed the panchayat will not issue the khata.

      For registration of a sale deed khata is a must. Hence, you have to wait till you get computerized khata from the village panchayat.

  214. Dear Sir,
    I have noticed about 80% of the sites in K R Puram area are B Katha and they have built houses without approval of plan
    What will be the consequences in future for these houses.
    Paying betterment charges is not an issue for these owners.
    in future govt order for akrama, sakram and if the building is not as per rules on the site then do they have to demolish?

    Please suggest

    1. Dear Ramakrishna,

      To get their unauthorized sites formed in unauthorized layouts will be regularized only if the akramana and sakramana bill will be approved and thereby government imposes certain penalties by way of betterment charges.

  215. Recently saw an advt in newspaper from Salarpuria Sattva for per launch of apartments in KR Puram and Bannerghatta Road . They are quoting around 1cr for 3bhk. With all the experience, how do you rate the builder?.

  216. Hello sir,
    We have purchased a small property in K.S. Layout under E.W.S category. This piece of land was originally allotted to my previous owner by B.D.A. under hire-purchase scheme. Since the property was on a 20 year lease period… the purchase had to be done on GPA. After the lease period the property was transferred to my name after making final settlement to the seller (original allottee) Though the sale took place in the year 2003, it is been almost 10 years and now we have applied for Khata transfer. The BBMP officials are asking for previous owner’s signature on Khata Transfer application form. Now the i’m finding it difficult to trace my previous owner to get his signatures on Khata papers. What to do under such circumstances?

    2)Where to find out how much property tax has he paid during his ownership period and what is the balance we have to pay?

    Please suggest…

    1. Dear Harish,

      Since BDA has not yet executed saledeed, the ownership of the property still vests with BDA. Your GPA transaction with the seller is invalid. Only after the completion of the lease period, BDA will issue absolute sale deed in favour of the allotee or if you have already registered a sale deed from the allotee during the lease period you have to pay twenty five percent of the sale consideration shown in sale deed to BDA and get sale deed in your name from BDA. Only after that your khata will be transferred.

      1. Dear Sir,
        As mentioned by you…we have both the documents in place.
        1) Sale deed between B.D.A. and my previous owner ( original allottee ) in the year 2003 march
        2) Sale deed between my Previous owner and myself. in the year 2003 november.

        now i want to know how important is it to get my previous owner’s signature on Khata transfer application form.
        Pls suggest.


  217. Hi Sir,

    I have a plot in Bilishevalle, Thanisandra bought 16 years ago. I have the original title deed with B-Khata. Now the property is under BBMP. I have electricity connection in my small buliding in that plot about 4 years ago and given for rent. I have also received PID number for my property and paid all taxes up-to-date. Is my plot safe?? Can I get A Khata? Please can you advise?

    1. Dear Joshi,
      Since the BBMP authority has already assigned you PID number, hence your khata will be treated a ‘A’ khata.

  218. Hello Sir,
    My father owns a property measuring 2 acre’s in KR puram (BBMP limits, Non-converted land), he got the property transferred in his name in 2007 after the death of my grandfather in 2006, My fathers name reflects in RTC & Mutation and the EC is in his name till date. As of now there are 48 sites in our property formed in mutual understanding between my grandfather and a small time land developer in 1991/92 in which close to only 5 sites measuring 30*40 have been given Notary GPA by my grandfather in the year 1991/92 and further stopped the sale of remaining sites due to some money transaction problem from the developer. The developer now claims to have sold all 48(B Khata) sites to different individuals and insists to provide the legal documents of all 48 sites, instead he is asking us to compromise by giving us 2lk per site and in return he wants us to do the registration legally for all 48 sites. As of now we are not in the position of the land and now there are 20 residential buildings in which 3 are under construction. And there are many resale been done. So far we understand that the developer has sold the property creating fake documents and there is no layout approval. And there is 30ft road widening going to be done by BBMP within few months in which close to 7,500sqft area of the land has been acquired and we have not received the notice since we have changed or house. Please guide me how do i go with taking the position of land and will i be able to get the demolition order of the buildings in case they have illegal documents and will my father be able to claim the compensation amount of the land acquired by BBMP and whats the procedure to claim the amount and duration of it.
    Waiting for your legal advice, Thank you.

  219. Hi,

    I am inquiring about a panchayat land site in Doddagubbi, Bidarahalli Hobli. Buyer says plan is having panchayat seal, having panchayat khata – Survey no 9, form 10. They are paying taxes from 7 years at bbmp office at bilshevele. They also have upto date tax paid receipts. The current owner is not the first owner. Need to check whether the land is DC converted. I need to personally visit and verify these claims. Provided the land is DC converted, is it safe to proceed further, please advise. Thank you.

    1. Dear Vijay,
      Please see that the land is converted and layout is formed under a approved layout plan issued by the planning authority.

    1. Dear Krishna,
      Form 11 and 12 will be issued by the Village panchayats for the sites formed in village panchayat limits which is considered as the khata. One is a demand register of property tax and the other is village panchayat khata.

  220. Hello Sir,
    I had purchased a built house at Ramachandrapura, Bangalore 2 years back. The original owner had misplaced the betterment charges paid receipt. But he had a suvarna Khata and on transferring the same to my name I now have a Suvarna Khata.
    Now for getting the Kaveri water Connections, officials are telling that If I do not have the Betterment tax paid receipt, then I should pay Rs16,000/-
    Is having suvarna Khata sufficient so as to not to pay Rs 16,000/-
    Chitta Ranjan

    1. Dear Ranjan,
      If your vendor has already paid betterment charges to BBMP and has lost the receipt, you can approach the concerned revenue officer, office of the BBMP and obtain a certified copy of the same.

  221. Hi Sir,

    I have a apartment at Rajarajeshwari Nagar. I have Khatha certificate for the land but we don’t have the Khatha certificate for the individual flats. I am planning to sell it now. But When I inquire in the register office they told like Khatha is not getting done for the individual apartment. They said like it will take some time. Can I sell my apartment without the Khatha certificate.

    1. Dear Shankar,

      For the registration of a saledeed khata of the vendor is a must. Unless and until you obtain the khata, either ‘A’ khata or atleast Form B form BBMP revenue authorities you cannot sell the flat.

  222. Sir, I have purchased portion of 1860 sq ft land in 2011 from the total property of 7 Guntas. As per the owner who sold, he says for his 7 Guntas has A Khatha, but when enquired for my land, BBMP says i will get only B Extract. Wont i get A Khatha, then what is the procedure to get A Khatha.

    1. Dear Subramanian,

      The BBMP will issue khatas not for Guntas of land. The khata will be issued on the basis of Square feet. If the land is converted and the layout formed is authorized then only BBMP will issue ‘A’ khata. As otherwise, you will have to wait till the passing of Akramana and Sakramana Bill and thereafter pay the betterment charges or penalties and get your property regularized and obtain ‘A’ khata.

  223. Dear Srinivasa,

    Since ‘B’ Khata is an account of assessment of a property for payment of tax only and does not confirm ownership of the property, is it safe to buy such property ?
    I am assuming that the buyer had not need of a bank loan.

    1. Is there a possibility that someone else may, later, claim ownership of that land (assuming that seller was only paying taxes but was not the real owner)

    2. If buyer wishes to build house (again without loan) can he get plan approval from BBMP?

    3. Since I see so many buildings coming up on these B Khata sites, how come water and drainage connections are provided when they are not recognizing the property itself.

    Please give your legal insight.

    1. Dear Shiva,

      Khata is not the ownership document. It is only a revenue document issued by the concerned authorities for the purpose of payment of property tax. The Form B issued by BBMP is not the khata document and on the basis of Form B, no bank or financial institutions will provide loan or you will not get approved plan for construction of a building on the property from the competent planning authority.

  224. I want to buy a plot in Margondanahalli (Margondana halli), TC Palya, Ananadpura Circle, Ramamurthy nagar, Bangalore. That land belongs to SC land. Its converted now (DC conversion done) and Tahasildar approval is there for sales. Now I am OC(belogs to General Category). Can we buy that land or not.
    Now in Margondanalli they made big layout and selling to many people please suggest me can we buy or not.
    1. In another Margondanahalli layout SC people sold to General category(Reddy’s) please suggest me can we buy that land from that lay out or not. Now the land is in General Category people.
    2. My friends told me that after 30 years no problems will come Margondana halli layout . SC converted land means we can buy for without problems.
    3. Margondana halli DC conversion land and Panchayat given Tahasildar permission means can we buy that land it won’t come future ploblems…. please le me know.

  225. Hi Srinivasa,

    I am planning to buy property which is constructed house (30*40) five years old, BBMP limit and B khata. The problem is that there no Mother Deed for the hole 6 acra land but there are many house are constructed in that area. Please advise shall I proceed to buy?


  226. Sir,
    16 apartments on one property had “A” khata constructed in december 2009. As one individual flat owner I paid property tax up to date i.e. up to 31.03.2014 and have “B” Register. Plan for construction of above flat approved. Is occupation certification is necessary for builder who now no where in picture as all apartments have been sold out to obtain “A” Khata or payment of complete property tax and “B” register is enough to obtain “A” Khata for individual flat owner.

    1. Dear Rakesh,
      To obtain ‘A’ khata occupancy certificate is a must which will be issued by BBMP, engineering authorities if your apartment has been constructed as per the approved plan without any deviations.

  227. sir,
    this is anand from bangalore urban district , my father got an inam agriculture land 3.34 guntas from karnataka govt in 1973 and he was enjoying since that time and he passed away on 1993 so we three brothers made a joint khatha and we were enjoying, later i got an central govt job (bsf) i went to border and i settled there only since 20yrs, and when i came year my first and second brother sold 1.6 guntas without my sign in 1998,again my first brother sold 2.28 without my sign and my second brother sign in 2006 we did not do any partition on that time so how to get my share please suggest me and i have two sons one is 28yrs and one more is 26yrs.

    1. Dear Anand,

      Kindly take all your documents to a civil advocate and take necessary steps to file a civil suit against your brothers.

  228. sir,
    we are planning to purchase a house in GPR ROYALE layout, Fruits market Road, Huskur Gate, Electronicity, Bangalore. the layout has been formed around more than 15 acres of land, in that survey no has been given to the land part by part. the house we are planning to purchase is coming under part of 2.39 acres having a particular survey no for that part and other houses has also been constructed in that part of 2.39 acres of land. the layout has got panchayat approval and dc conversion only and has not got approval from bda/bmrda. the layout has been formed before 10 years. my queries are
    1) the panayh is not in the name of the seller but he has got katha no for the house in his name
    2) is it safe to buy this kind of house, kindly reply to my mail id [email protected]

    Thanks in advance

  229. Hello Srinivasa,

    We have a Holder Khata which was made before getting the Property registered , In 2012 we registered the Property . My question is if we wish to sell this property is it mandatory to transfer the Khata from Holder to Regular before selling it ? Or the purchaser can get the Khata transfered from Holder to his name as regular Khata ?

    1. Dear Abdullah,

      If you wish to sell the property, get the khata in your name from the holder khata then you can sell. For registration purpose, khata in the name of the Vendor is a must.

  230. WE are in the process of selling our apartment in Horamavu which is a builder apartment and the whole building has a common khata(not bifurcated). One of the residents there is buying that property. Is that ok under B khata?

    1. Dear GL,

      If the purchaser takes the risk to buy your flat without individual khata he can take the risk.

  231. Hi,
    I have seen a house in srinivasa nagar layout back to garden city college in KR puram. I have collected documents. Documents contains panchayat approval plan, EC and katha number.
    My questions is This property doesn’t have DC and its B katha. Whether its safe to buy? Builder is saying that this area not comes under BBMP and its still under panchayat. For this, do we required approval from BBMP or BMRDA?

    1. Dear Kumar,

      For formation of any layout first thing is to get conversion of land from agriculture to non-agricultural and thereafter get the layout plan approved from competent planning authority i.e., BDA, BMRDA and other town planning authorities. Village panchayats has no jurisdiction to issue sanction of layout plans.

  232. Hi Srinivasa,

    Thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge in this blog, its very informative and cleared most my doubts. Just for a reconfirmation I have a question for you.

    Person A bought a property 50years ago it has A Khata and all the original papers. The person died and his wife and children inherited the property, got the partition decree from the court(equal share). Now with all these original documents can a joint A khata can be obtained having all their names?


    1. Dear Sreerama,

      When the property is partitioned separate khatas will be issued for each portion of the property.

      1. Dear Srinivasa,
        Thanks for the reply.
        As you said getting separate khata for separate portion is possible.

        If the area is small and all the inheritors agree to keep the property as a whole and utilise it further for commercial purpose having equal share in profit and liabilities, then is it possible to get a joint A khata for the property having all their names?(In partition decree also all inheritors have agreed to keep the property physically as a whole and divide the profit and liability equally)

  233. sir,

    we are having a bit of land in bangalore which has to be transfered from my father name to mother can we apply for same in mysore sakala . need to know more about sakala

    1. Dear Raghavendra,

      If you want to transfer from your father’s name to mother’s name you have to execute a gift deed of the property in the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar Office where the property is situated.

  234. Dear Sir,

    I have an issue with respect not having the BBMP plan. I bought a plot 40*50 in an approved layout in Harlur area (next to HSR layout) in 2003. During 2003, this was part of Harlur Gram Panchayat.

    I wanted to build a house in 2007, but neither the Gram Panchayat nor the BBMP Bellandur were issuing the plan approval. Both the authorities declined that they were not the competent authorities to sanction the plan. This went on for a period of 1.5 years. As I could not wait for more long, I was compelled to go ahead with the house construction of G, G+1 (with hall, 1 kitchen , 3 bedroom, parking etc) without any sanctioned approval. I did not take any home loan and completed the house construction in 2009. The house still is built as per the bye-laws of BBMP, though not checked with any BBMP approved architects. In 2010, I could get the BBMP-A Khata. All the taxes are paid till date.

    1. I need to know if the BBMP plan approval is required even after house construction is done to be in compliance with the laws of the land.

    2. Is there a procedure/payment structure to be followed, if I need to get the BBMP Plan approval though the right channel.

    Please provide any other inputs which might be useful in this case. Awaiting a response from your end. Thanks in advance


    1. Dear Ram,

      The BBMP has stopped collecting betterment charges and issue of khatas from 2007. I don’t know how you have got the ‘A’ khata for your property in the year 2010.
      If you want a approved plan now from BBMP, you have to submit a plan for construction of any additional floors in your property and thereby you will get approved plan from BBMP.

    1. Dear Virendra,
      If BBMP issues a khata certificate and a khata extract which means that your property has been registered in the revenue records of BBMP and which is ‘A’ khata. ‘B’ khata is not a khata, it is only a Form B issued by BBMP without registering your property in their revenue records.

  235. Hello Mr. Srinivasa,

    Thanks for this insightful blog. I am thinking of purchasing an about to be completed flat which is constructed on an A khata and DC converted land.

    1 If I am not wrong, the only possibility of me not getting an A khata / OC for my flat is if there is any deviation from the original plan. Is that correct?

    2 How can I know that there is no deviation? Will a lawyer be able to help me or I need to show it to any architect? Do they actually visit sites to check the level of deviation?

    3 If a nationalised bank like Corporation bank is offering home loan for the property, can I safely assume that they would have done the required checks on even deviation?

    4 As the builder is saying, will I be able to get OC & A khata only after all the flat owners have got theirs flats registered.

    5 What’s the procedure of grant of OC, do BBMP officials visit & measure the building & flats after completion and report deviations?

    Your quick help is solicited.


    1. Dear Sun,

      If the builder construct the apartment exactly as per the sanction plan then BBMP will issue occupation certificate. If BBMP issues OC, then it is construed as there is no deviation and you will get ‘A’ khata from the revenue authorities of BBMP.

  236. hi, I found discussions on this website are really helpful. I am looking for a site in Doddanekundi layout (towards Marathahalli). After reading the above discussions, I understand that DC conversion is acquired for a layout/or land and not based on individual sites. (correct me if I am wrong please). If my understanding is correct, then following are my queries:

    1. In Doddanekundi layout I happened to see some of the sites do not have DC conversion and are B Khata and some of the sites have DC conversion. How is this possible? Isn’t that entire layout should be DC converted? Please explain.

    2. Itseems this layout was under CMC earlier and now it is under BBMP, hence it doesn’t require DC conversion. is it so?

    1. For the formation of any layout on the agricultural land it is mandatory to get the land converted from agricultural to non-agricultural use. Then only, a layout has to be formed which is legal. Conversion is for the agricultural lands and not for any individual sites. However, in Bangalore, many have formed unauthorized layouts without obtaining either DC Conversion nor layout approval from competent authority. But, when the area is developed which comes under the BBMP jurisdiction, BBMP will collect betterment charges and regularize the unauthorized layouts.

  237. Hi Basu,

    Thanks a lot for posting this article. I suppose this has helped a lot of people who are looking for difference b/w A and B katha.

    I have purchased a plot which is B katha. The land lord had purchased (less) than 1 acre of land and got it DC conversion, later he got A katha for the same. After sometime he had created a layout which consists of 17 sites.

    From some sources i got to know that for any as the layout is less than 1 acre it does not require approval plan.

    I had approached the BBMP to ask when the total land is A katha, why my plot is not A katha. So i got this as answer “BBMP does not have rule to give A katha for individual plots”.

    I had approached a bank for loan, they said if i can get NOC from the BBMP then i can get the loan.

    I also found this link which states about akrama and sakrama will come back again in 2013,


    I would like to apply for A katha, should i have to wait till akarama and sakrama comes or can i approach the BBMP now only.


    1. Dear Anil,

      You will have to wait till the Government of Karnataka will pass the Akramana & Sakramana Bill. Thereafter, you have to pay the betterment charges prescribed therein. Then only, BBMP will regularize the layout and register the khata in your name and issue khata certificate and khata extract for your plot.

  238. Hi, we have recently purchased an apartment on Sarjapur road near to ORR Sarjapur Rd junction. We got all the legal docs for verification which has Katha Certificate and Katha Extract. Does that mean that land has ‘A’ katha?

  239. Hello,

    I have purchased a site(30X60) in 2001 at Srigandhkaval Group D layout. This site has been purchased directly from the society & after repeated request to society we got ‘ A’ katha in 2010.we got katha from both BDA & BBMP and paid all land taxes till date.Now around 3 months bank we have decided to construct the house there and applied for BBMP plan and simultaneously applied for bank loan also. Both we have got and started construction.

    While construction is started the local “HITHARAKSHANA VEDIKE” peoples started giving the problem, saying they wont allow us to construct the house and the reason is as per them it is a CA site.

    Regarding this we have contacted the society from where we have purchased the site and they are telling yes earlier when they have permission to allot only 49% land it was a ROAD but now high court has sanctioned them to allot 55% of land and in this extra 6% our site will also come and also they have given us the judgement copy of high court and the letter what society has written to BDA to release 6% land.

    Now with all these we have started construction but the local hitharakshana vedike peoples threatning us and putting the application all over and requesting to cancel our Katha,even Faced the enquiry of BMTF also.

    Now I want to know is it possible to cancel my A katha by BBMP, BDA & BMTF based on complaints of local persons.if not how to deal with these peoples & if yes means what I have to do next because based on this already I have taken loan from bank & already invested around 10lacks there.

    Please help me.

    1. Dear Manjunath,

      It is better to consult a civil advocate with all your documents and take his legal opinion and file a suitable case against the people who are interfering with your property by way of injunction from the court.

  240. Dear Basu Nivesh,

    First of all, thank you for taking pains for this fantastic initiative. It has really helped me in addressing most of my doubts regarding real estate purchase in Bangalore. I have some specific doubts about plan approval which I could not find in any of the comments above.

    I am planning to make a purchase of a 5-year old apartment in Bellandur. The apartment site is B-Katha, DC-converted land. I could find that the plan was approved by the Grama Panchayat and not BBMP. My doubts are:

    1. What are the risks associated with purchasing this property, considering that the plan is not sanctioned by BBMP?

    2. Is it possible to get the plan sanctioned by BBMP now? If yes, what are the payments that need to be made for this?

    3. For conversion to A-Katha by paying betterment charges, should the plan be sanctioned by the BBMP first?


    1. Dear Wrinkledword,

      I hope that when the apartment was constructed at that time the area was still under the jurisdiction of village panchayat. Hence, the plan was approved by the village panchayat. On the basis of the said approved plan the apartment has been constructed. Thereafter, now it seems that the area comes under the jurisdiction of BBMP during 2007. However, since the Akramana and Sakramana bill has not been approved, the BBMP has not issued a ‘A’ khata for the apartment holders. Since the building is already completed there is no question of sanction of plan by BBMP even after collecting betterment charges. Only you will get ‘A’ khata after the approval of the Akramana and Sakramana Bill which will regularize the building.

  241. Hi!

    I want to purchase an apartment adjacent to jakkur lake. The builders told me that it is Khata B property.
    1. Is it advisable to purchase it?
    2. Will the banks approve the loan for it??
    3. Can the property be later transferred in my name?

    1. Shweta-Please go through above comments, you will find answers. Because what you asked for is already replicated in above comments.

  242. Dear Pradeep,

    If the layout has been approved by BDA kindly obtain BDA approved plan from BDA and also obtain the release order from BDA to the society in respect of the sites which are released to the society.

    I hope, now, after BBMP the area comes under BBMP limits. Hence, since it is a BDA approved layout you shall get ‘A’ khata from BBMP. If your builder does not provide regarding BDA approval kindly go to BDA office and meet the Town Planning Department where you can get all the information regarding the BDA approval.

  243. Dear Sir,

    Im planning to buy a site near Yelahanka.

    The Owner says the site is DC Converted and is B Khata,however it comes under BBMP Limits.

    1)Is it feasible to buy this plot?

    2)Can I avail the loan to buy this site at any banks?

    Thanks in advance,

  244. Dear Sir,

    I am planning to buy a plot in MCECHS layout,sancharnagar,Thanisandra road.
    Owner says that this telecom layout is BDA approved but having B khata.

    My question is:
    1. How come a BDA approved layout is not having A khata?
    2. Since this is a BDA approved layout with B khata, can I get loan from nationalised bank.
    3. How to check if BDA has initially approved this layout but later canceled its approval because of some reasons?
    4. Does a BDA approved layout needs BBMP khata?

  245. Hi BasuNivesh, Thank you so much for this valuable information . I have been looking for this for quite some time . I do have one question as well ..

    1)I have a plot with a building in Kengeri (Harsha Layout) for which the betterment charges were paid in the year 2000 and built a house when Kengeri was a municipality with a licensed build . And i have a khata issued by BBMP in 2011 . I would like to know if mine is a ‘A’ Khata or a ‘B’ Khata . How can i check the same?

    1. Dear Ullas,

      If BBMP has issued khata certificate and khata extract that will be treated as ‘A’ khata or if BBMP has issued only an extract of ‘B’ register it will be treated as ‘B’ khata.

  246. April 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

    I have registered a sale deed in Trivandrum, Kerala wherein the plot is referred to be from two survey numbers i.e. for eg.’ in survey no. 2000/6 and in survey no. 200/6/2? whereas it should be only ‘in 200/6/2?. Village officer has advised to indicatie correctly the particular plot from which I have bought for getting the mutation done. Can I get it done through Tahsildar or otherwise. Please advise at the earliest if possible. Thanking U in anticipation.

    I had posted the above on April 6th. Kindly give ur advice.

  247. Hi BasuNivesh, i have booked an apartment which is in A khata site, however due to deviations (as usual for most of the apartments) BBMP is stating that they would issue B khata during registration. How do i get an A khata in this scenario

    Any suggestions would really be helpful

    1. Dear Dipankar,

      You have to wait till the approval of ‘Akramana and Sakramana Bill’ or any government ordinance in effect that they will collect the betterment charges and issue ‘A’ khata.

  248. Sir,

    Builder is providing BBMP A khata and OC. I would like to know which other certificates/document is required before/after possession.

  249. I have registered a sale deed in Trivandrum, Kerala wherein the plot is referred to be from two survey numbers i.e. for eg.’ in survey no. 2000/6 and in survey no. 200/6/2′ whereas it should be only ‘in 200/6/2’. Village officer has advised to indication correctly the particular plot from which I have bought for getting the mutation done. Can I get it done through Tahsildar or otherwise. Please advise at the earliest if possible. Thanking U in anticipation.

    1. Dear Linsa,

      If there is any typographical mistake occuring in the sale deed you can execute a rectification deed to your sale deed and register the same before the concerned sub-registrar office. After the rectification deed you can approach the Tahsildar for mutation.

      1. Dear Sir,
        Thank you sir for your reply. I wish to have one more advice regarding the procedures involved in executing the rectification deed to the sale deed including the expenses involved in getting the rectification deed executed in Kerala.
        Thanks and regards

  250. Site NO 4 & 5 was owned by Mr A and his wife jointly.
    They had a joint khata for it.
    They sold Site no 5 to Mr B in 2010. Mr B dint do the khata bifurcation.
    Mr A continued paying taxes for site no 4 & 5 both.

    C and D paternal cousin brothers, bought site No 4 half half.
    site no 4 was 30×40 site , they exclusively bought as 15×40 and 15×40..

    Now C &D together wants to construct a building on this 30×40 and own one floor each.

    How do they go about the khata transfer in BBMP?
    problems are

    1) site no 5 buyer dint do the khata bifurecation and is not tracable, he is USA,
    2) site no 4 is not jointly bought by C &D. had they bought jointly complication was less..

    please guide.

      1. Arif-Request you to wait till Mr.Srinivas reply to your doubts. These days he is not getting time to reply to all queries. But I called him yesterday and requested him to clear it soon.

        1. Thank you so much for following it up, Basu…
          there are various opinion given by various lawyers.
          1. One says Site no5 khata bifurcation need to be done first, second you need to do bifurcation for site no 4A and 4B,third you have to do khata amolgum.
          2. another lawyer said all of it can be done in one go.

          Document for amolgum : one said in your case you need to do deed of declaration while other said you need to do an aphtebit. second one who said aphetibit have actually done similar stuff for him self.

    1. Dear Arif,

      1. When site No.5 has been purchased by B it is the duty of B to get khata in respect of site No.5. I hope he has not yet applied for khata.

      2. So far as site No.4 is concerned, which has been purchased by C & D, they can approach the BBMP for bifurcation of Site No.4 and get separate individual khata for each of them. If C & D wants to combine and build on site No.4, in such case they have to amalgamate the property and get amalgamation of the khata from BBMP to construct the building as they wish and make a partition deed keeping ground floor for one and upper floor for the other.

      1. Thanks for your reply Sir,

        1. C & D both have applied for khata transfer for their own portion of Site no 4, i.e. 4-North and 4-South respectively.

        2. Once this is done they both will apply for khata amalgamation, since both of them are paternal cousin , they may ask for some affidavit or deed of declaration, do you have any idea what document would they need for khata amalgamation? .

        My main question was, Is it possible do it one shot instead of two step process?
        anyways now C & D have already applied for khata transfer, but answer to main question could help others as well.

        1. Dear Arif,

          Since C & D have already applied for khata transfer, first let them get the same. Thereafter, let them prepare a Deed of Amalgamation and apply again to BBMP for amalgamation of khata.

          It is not possible to do in one shot.

          1. Thanks you very much sir,
            where can we prepare “deed of amalgamation” and how much would it cost us? is “deed of declaration” and “deed of amalgamation” two different documents?

  251. Thanks for your article Mr.BasuNivesh….

    I have few questions about the buying “B” Kadha Preoperty near to K.R.Puram.

    1. Is it WILL required to be Registered?
    2. After death of the WILL Owner, how the family can divide the property?.. Is it any registration is required to divide the property among the family members?
    3. If WILL owner died and property came the his Son / Daughter. Whether Son / Daughter can sell the property without their own CHILDREN’s Signature (WILL Owner’s Grand Son / Daughter) to the Third Parties?.

    Thanks in Advance!!!

      1. Sathiya-Sorry for inconvenience, our expert Mr.Srinivas is lawyer and he may be busy in his profession and due to his age factor I can’t force him to reply on daily or regular base. Please request you to wait.

    1. Dear Sathiya,

      1. Registration of WILL is not compulsory, however, nowadays, all the departments are insisting only registered WILL or to obtain Succession Certificate from the compentent court.

      2. If the family members want to divide the property, they have to make a “Partition Deed” and get it registered before the concerned Sub-Registrar.

      3.If the property is an ancestral property in such case the signature of the grandsons/granddaughters is required. If the property is self acquired and the property owner has executed a will in favour of any person in which case after the death of the property owner the WILL comes to existence and the person in whose favour the WILL has been executed can dispose the property as he wishes without the consent of any other legal heirs.

  252. Sir,
    I want to buy a flat on Mantri Tranquil on kanakpura road, bangalore. The flat is on resale and khata A is not available. BBMP is not issuing even khata B for Mantri Tranquil. The owner says that it will not be a problem without khata and the ownership can be transferred without any problem. Kindly, advise whether it can be a problem in future? I am totally confused what to do.

    1. Dear Yatin,

      To purchase the property, for the purpose of registration of the sale deed you must have a khata from the competent authority issued by BBMP either ‘A’ or ‘B’ without which the document will not be registered.

  253. Sir,
    Recently I bought one flat in Begur, the flat is ‘B’ khata only. Now some of the residents saying the builder built this apartment with some violation. So we can’t get ‘A’ khata like that.Also they are fearing there is a chance BBMP can take over the whole building and demolish like that. I am nervous now what to do? Is it possible to get ‘A’ khata paying betterment charges and penatly?

    1. Dear Jeyash,
      You will have to wait till the approval of ‘Akramana Sakramana’ Bill or any notification to be issued by the government for collection of betterment charges and regularize the deviations and issue ‘A’ khata to all the flat owners.
      There is no such threat of demolition by BBMP unless if the apartment is constructed without obtaining the sanction plan.

  254. Sir,

    I have lost my sanctioned building plan of my house in Bangalore. Now, I want to sell the house and the buyer is asking for the sanctioned plan. How can I get a copy of the plan soon? I really appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks.

    1. Dear Nagendra,

      If you have a xeox copy of the sanctioned plan OR LP number of the sanctioned plan you can approach the engineering department of BBMP and get a certified copy of the same.

  255. Sir

    I have lost the copy of sanctioned building plan of my house in Bangalore. Now I am selling the house and the buyer is asking for the sanctioned plan. How to get a copy of the sanctioned plan soon? I really appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks.

  256. hi,

    i have purchased a property – a flat among 100 flats from a reputed builder who has a jv with the land owner. after completing the building, the builder is refusing to go to bbmp and apply for the OC and khata. how do pay my property tax to bbmp?

    1. Dear Venkatesh,

      Since the apartment is having deviations, the BBMP has not issued the OC to the owner. But, however, under the self assessment of tax you can pay the tax to the BBMP.

  257. Dear Sir

    I am interested in buying residential land in Bangalore which generally called as corporation land.What document I need to verify related corporation land can any one let me know the required formalities tohase corporation residential land

    1. Dear Syed,

      The documents to be verified are:
      1. Mother deed, 2. Present sale deed, 3. Khata certificate, 4. Tax paid receipt,
      5. Encumberance certificate, etc.,

  258. Hi BasuNivesh . I have a gpa registered vacant site 30 by 40 in bilekahalli bannerghatta road….. How do i get the khatha for this and taxes are paid up to date and it comes under bbmp now. Raju

    1. Dear Raju,

      You can approach the concerned revenue officer of BBMP and submit your application for khata transfer along with copies of the property documents required by them.

  259. Hi Basunivesh,

    It took me more than an hour to read all the comments which you have provided but I must say that you have clarified many of my doubts. I am not from bangalore and plannig to buy a property (not for investement but to stay there). I searched a lot for 2 months and now a days, all the good builders are asking for 1cr for 3bhk (around 1750 sq ft).

    I am confused as these houses are not that worth and 1cr is really a big amount.

    I approached some gated communities which are selling “A” khata 30X50 sq ft plots. These gated communities has all the basic amenities. They are also telling that all the plots are BDA approved.

    When I asked for the papers then they are asking for the 5 lacs post dated cheque and then they will give me all the papers to verify.

    First of all, I dont know that whom to contact to verify these papers and secondally, I am not sure whether to go for a plot and build a house or to go for appartment.

    I am seriously confused.

    Can you please give me a contact person who can help me in verifying the land papers?

    Appreciate you help.


    1. Dear Sir,

      You can contact me at the following address,
      #13, 3rd Cross, Journalist Colony, J.C.Road Cross,
      Bangalore 560 002
      Mobile: 9886047740

  260. Sirs,
    Appreciate any help you can provide with this question

    Before purchasing a plot in a BBMP area (Mahadevapura) I gathered all the documents for registration from the seller. I got the documents scrutinised by a legal firm in Bangalore. I was assured title was correct after scrutiny of all regular papers.

    For other reasons I couldn’t go through with the purchase. However the seller sold it to another person. Now, I came to know there is a court case pending against this plot. The lawyer says he doesn’t check pending court cases, sub-registrar office that issue EC says it doesn’t hold a record of court cases against a registered property.

    Who can say if there are court cases against a plot ? How can these types of situations be prevented?
    ps: When the buyer bought this land the law firm took the precaution of a public notice in two daily newspapers with a 30 day notice period – there were no objections.
    pps: The court case is to do with daughters of the original landlord saying they were not given a share in the sale proceeds when this land was sold to the developer and they are claiming against their father and brother. (I dont know all details)

    1. Dear Krishna,

      I hope the daughters might have filed a suit for partition against father and brother. You can verify the same from the civil court of competent jurisdiction after getting the case number, the details about the said case.

  261. Sir, the builder of my apartment sold all the flats saying that its in a BDA approved layout with B khata and is not not traceable. I was new to Bangalore so coulf not get the land paper verification done in 2008 when I bought it.

    Please let me know my options now. I have a B khata document that I got done from the local bbmp office a couple of years ago, got the electircity meter changed in my name as well.

    As per the sale deed the super built up area is 1035 sq ft. My questions are,

    – Can I pay betterment charges to bbmp? when? and get an A Khata?
    – What is akrama and sakrama exactly and how does this affect my situation?
    – What is your opinion on how I should move forward?

    1. Dear Sir,

      Kindly approach the concerned BBMP revenue office. They will guide you whether you are entitled for payment of betterment charges and get the ‘A’ khata.

  262. The information/the clarifications provided in this column is really very useful.A great job done by bbmp congrats!

  263. Hi Basunivesh,

    First of all thanks for the great article that helped clear a lot of my doubts. Now, I feel more scared of something that I did few months back.

    I had a booked a flat in HSR layout extension (prefer not to name the builder). It’s a small project from a small builder with only 44 apartments in the building. As I booked the flat, I was told that, I will certainly get “B-khata” which theoretically doesn’t even exist. The builder certainly made smart arrangements wiht LICHFL, DHFL and HDFC for loans which gave me trust that, legally everything would have been verified. Even I availed loan from LICHFL.

    The trouble is, as construction moved on, I noticed alterations to building elevation (including closure of balconies, changes to the outside structure etc). The worst of all is, there are two additional flats getting constructed on the top floor. Upon enquiring with the builder, he mentioned those flats are not for sale, instead one will be used by the builder and the other one by the land owner. This one is totally illegal as you may imagine.

    Now, my question is with all these irregularities in the structure, is there any grim chance of getting an “A-khata” for the property? I booked the flat with obvious reasons to deal with increasing rents and Income tax benefits. I do plan to sell it off in 10-12 years, go back to my home town and settle down.

    The fact that, without the “A-khata” the property can’t be sold or at least no buyers would be attracted as no nationalised banks not giving loans makes me really worried now. There are at least 43 others like me who are in the same state.

    Could you please advise me on that can be done now? If at all there is anyway we can get an “A-khata” even by paying penalty, then possibly I’ll try to talk to the builder and pressurize him to make that provision. Almost 80% of the payment has already been made and the building is nearing completion. With your suggestion, I would like to gather some more buyers and would like to approach the builder.

    Awaiting for your response on this eagerly.


  264. Hi Basunivesh,

    First of all, a great article. It certainly cleared a lot of doubts I had. Now, I am more scared of some decision I took few months back.

    I had booked a flat in HSR layout extension. I prefer not to name the builder. It’s a small apartment with only 44 flats in the building. As I spoke to the builder, he said.. everything is OK, I am entitled to get a “B-Khata”, in theory which doesn’t exist at all. Later me and some other buyers enquired about the same and we got to know about some serious issues.

    1. The building has been altered quite extensively. Starting from closing open balconies to changing outside elevation. The worst of all is, there are two additional flats being constructed on the top floor.

    2. As we asked the builder, he mentioned.. those are not for sale; rather the builder and land owner has one flat each for their personal use. I am not quite sure how does that work.

    Now, my question is with so much of alterations to the structure can we even have a grim chance of getting an “A-Khata”. The builder has made quite smart arrangements with LICHFL, DHFL, HDFC for loans, which even I availed and was under the impression that, as such high valued financial institutions are giving loans, there shouldn’t be any issues.

    I have already paid 80% of the amount of the flat and there are at least 43 other buyers like me, who probably aren’t aware of these irregularities or have the knowledge but don’t know what to do. I am not from south India, and off course bought a property in Bangalore for the obvious reason of increasing rents and Income tax saving point of view. I do plan to sell the flat off in about 10-15 years, go back to my home town and settle down there. The fact that without an “A-Khata” the property can’t be sold or possibly won’t have the value as it should be, makes me really scared.

    Can you please advise on what can we do? Is there any way it’s possible that we can get A-khata with all these irregularities made by the builder. If so, please let me know and I would attempt to build pressure on the builder along with others to do the needful before he hands over the property and get out of sight.

    Awaiting your response on this.


    1. Dear Ansu,

      The deviations in the apartment can be regularized by the BBMP after collecting penalties as well as betterment charges only after the approval of “Akramana and Sakramana Bill”. Thereafter, each flat owner will get separate “A” khata will be issued to each apartment owners making bifurcation of the khata. But as on today the bill is not yet approved by the Government of Karnataka.

  265. Dear Sir,

    I have 2 question related to buying a site.

    1- if the layout is already approved by BMRDA do we need to still get individual A khata to build the house.

    2 – If the land is in yellow zone, DC convereted or DC approved, and as per builder the land is A Khata, we need to pay betterment charges to BBMP, it it true ?. Currently this place doesn not come under BBMP limits.

    1. Dear Rotti,

      1. If the property comes under the BMRDA jurisdiction there is not question of ‘A’ khata and ‘B’ khata. You will get Form 9 & 11 signed by the Block Development Officer of the concerned Village Panchayat jurisdiction.

      2. If the area does not come under BBMP limits there is not question of payment of betterment charges.

      1. Amazing article and addresses almost all the issues or loop holes that a buyer needs to be aware of. Can you please share your contact details as I am looking for an expert’s help in the verification of the documents.

      2. Hi Sir,

        i am planing to buy one 30*40 plot in BMRDA approved layout in Sarjapura (Sarjapur Village). Owner says it is B khata property. but you mentioned A/B is only for BBMP not for BMRDA.
        in future if Sarjapur moved under BBMP/BDA what all the charges that may need to pay to convert in to A-khata/betterment?

        Is it safe to but the property only on the basis of BMRDA approval?


          1. Riya-Extremely sorry that Mr. Srinivas missed to reply to your query. I personally mail him to reply to your doubt.

  266. hello Bash Nivesh and Mr srinivasa,

    I am planning to buy a property (apartment) on thanisandra road and its with one of the repute builders but came to know that the property is b khata but he has got the OC already 18 months back and project is BDA approved.Also I was informed that the builder has to do bifurcation of Khata and it can be only done after 2/3 flats have been registered

    My question are.

    1.Is that true that can be only done after 2/3 flats have been registered ?
    2.Once the bifurcation is done by the builder can we apply for A-khata.
    3.There was news article saying PR cards will be issued having entire record on the property ~ will this kind of property have issue getting a PR card if it is B khata.

    1. Dear Reji,

      Kindly take the copies of all the documents pertaining to the property to civil advocate and take his legal opinion.

  267. If I want to purchase a flat from the builder, How can i come to know that the property is a legal property, before making the booking for the flat.

    1. Please send the details to me also. Since I am also planning to book the flat in a Prelaunch offer from The Creative Homes builder. Also suggest me if i need to go to a lawyer for verifying the legal documents like title, etc

      1. Dear Naveen,

        Kindly obtain relevant papers and documents pertaining to the property on which the flat has been constructed. Thereafter you can take the advice of a advocate who is well versed in property matters before booking the flat.

    2. Dear Sadanand,

      Kindly obtain relevant papers and documents pertaining to the property on which the flat has been constructed. Thereafter you can take the advice of a advocate who is well versed in property matters before booking the flat.

    3. Dear Sadanand,

      Kindly take the copies of the title deeds, khata, etc., and approach a civil advocate and take his legal opinion.

  268. Hi All,
    I have one question about the Property in Bangalore???.

    My Grand father written a WILL, after his death and his wife(Grand mother) death, His 4 daughters can take the land property as per the share mentioned by him in WILL Document.( Each daughter can take 10000 sqft of Land – Total land is 40000 sqft). Later my grand father died (2008) and after 2 years my grand mother also died ( 2009).

    Now my mother sold her share to THIRD party (outside family member) and she not given any share to me (Single) or my Sister (married).While made Sale deed between my mother and third Party she only signed & No Sign from me or my sister.

    Family Details : My father, mother, me and Sister.

    So, my question is 1. Can me and my sister can claim the property?
    2. Whether mother sold the property to third party with sale agreement, is that valid without me or my sister signature?

    1. Dear Raja,

      As per the Will, your mother has got her share of property and she has the right to dispose the property without the consent of her children.

  269. Dear Sir,

    I want to help my maid with a loan for buying a property in a resettled colony for Dalits neat Singapura (near Jalahalli, Dasarahalli). The said property owner has only furnished a BESCOM electricity bill receipt in his name as proof of ownership. He says he has no other ownership documents as he was allotted this land as part of a resettlement of Dalits by the Govt. What ownership documents should he provide in order to ascertain he is the rightful owner of this property that my maid intends to purchase. Also in case he is the rightful owner (if provides the right documentation), what kind of sale transaction can be entered with him (like a sale deed or GPOA??)


    1. Dear Mainak,

      If the property is alloted for the Dalits by Government of Karnataka, they will issue possession certificate as well as sale deeds with a condition that they shall not alienate for a period of 10 to 15 years. BESCOM Electricity bill is not the property document. It is only a document towards the electricity meter. Unless you obtain the title deeds don’t proceed to purchase the said property.

  270. Hi,
    I have purchased a Flat in Nagarbhavi NGEF layout area in Jan 2010. The builder said that we will not get A Katha as BBMP has stopped issuing A katha until Akrama Sakrama bill is passed.

    Builder says he holds A katha for the land where property is built and since there is no A katha for building he can only get us B Katha.

    Also since A katha are not issued to new Apartment, shouldn’t bank give loan on B Katha. Please advise me, if there are any required forms to be submitted so that Banks provide loan on B Katha.



    1. Dear Sreekanth,

      Usually bank will not provide loan for ‘B’ khata properties. Since the Akramana and Sakramana bill is pending only after its approval you can pay the betterment charges and penalty for deviation, etc., then only you will get ‘A’ khata.

  271. Dear Mr. Srinivas,
    The High Court of karnataka has posted the case of vacating the stay on the Akrama Sakrama Bill.
    The case was to be heard on the 4th., February and on that day it was posted to the 11th., February.
    To enable one to find out the status of the case the case number and the where it is being heard are needed.
    Can you helpme in securing these details ?
    I will be highly thankful if you can do so,as early as you can.
    Thanks & Regards,
    K N Ramachander sastry.

    1. Dear Mr. Ramachander,
      I do not have the case number If you have the case number kindly furnish to enable me to find the details.

      1. Thank you Shri Srinivas.
        I will endeavour to get the case number and send it to you to enable you to keepa track of the result of the hearing.
        Thanks & Regatds,
        k n ramachander sastry

  272. Dear Srinivas,
    Thanks for all the information that you provided. It was really helpful.
    I have one question.
    I had purchased a property with A-Katha. I had got the Katha transferred to my name after the purchase. In the Katha certificate, my initial of my name was entered wrongly as ‘S’ instead of ‘P’. Everything else is correct. Will that be a problem in future.
    If yes, then what would you suggest me to do and how can I get this corrected?
    Please advice.

    Thanks and Regards,

    1. Dear Sreeram,

      Kindly approach the revenue officer and get it corrected in the revenue records and obtain a fresh khata certificate wherein your initial is correctly spelt.

  273. With all above discussions above, I would like to put up my views.
    1. Being in BBMP area you have to pay the property tax.
    2.Once you pay the tax the bbMP must open an account on your property.
    3. The copy of the account page is the khatha. You can get this from your area BBMP office by paying some 500 to 1000 fees.
    4. Coming to A katha or B katha, what I know if your property is converted your katha would be A otherwise it is B katha.
    5. For B khatha holders to covert they need to pay the one time development charges to BBMP through AKRAMA SAKRAMA. However govt is not clear on this and nobody is paying this ammount.
    5.All these things are required if you need loan from banks. If you have savings and construct on your own money you need not worry on these things. simply save money and build a small house and extend it further when your savings grows.

  274. Dear BasuNivesh,
    I have 2 question related to buying a site.

    1- if the layout is already approved by BMRDA do we need to still get individual A khata to build the house.

    2 – If the land is in yellow zone, DC convereted or DC approved, and as per builder the land is A Khata, we need to pay betterment charges to BBMP, it it true ?. Currently this place doesn not come under BBMP limits.

    1. Dear Rotti,

      1. Yes, after purchase of any plot you have to get khata transferred in the present purchaser’s name then only you can go ahead for plan approval.

      2. If the area does not come under the BBMP limits, there is no question of ‘A’ or ‘B’ khata, you will get form No. ( & 11 signed by the Block Development Officer.

  275. Hi sir,
    i want to buy a plot in Gated layout Which is DC converted and betterment chages paid.
    but the layout plan is not approved by BIAPPA. when i asked owenr of layout he told it is difficult to get plan sanctioned by BIAPPA, but he told i will get the Loan from Canara bank.
    Pls let me know whether i can construct the house here, and whether this will be approved by BBMP.

    1. Dear Vijay,
      If your developer only obtained conversion which is not enough, he has to obtain permission from the competent authority to form a layout , then only the plot is legal. As otherwise, it is termed as unauthorized layout. You will not get loan for such a plot in the unauthorized layout.

    1. Dear Asgar,
      You can find in “Department of Stamps and Registration, Government of Karnataka” or you can also get the details from the concerned sub-registrar’s office or you can also get in the book on market values.

    1. Dear Sunil,
      The ‘A’ khata and ‘B’ khata comes only under BBMP limits and not under BMRDA limits. In the BMRDA limits you can get the khata in Form No.9 & 11 signed by the Block Development Officer from the concerned village panchayat.

  276. Dear BasuNivesh and Srinivas,

    There is a 5 years old flat for resale in Marathahalli and currently the owner is holding housing load in SBI. But the khatha transfer is not done by the builder even though the builder collected money from all the purchaser 5years ago. Now the association people put a case on the builder which is going on. I think, I can get loan from private banks and get registered the property. Please guide me whether i can go for the property or not.

    Thanks! Ganesh.

  277. Dear BasuNivesh and Srinivas,

    I am planning to purchase a DC converted land in JP Nagar area, the seller who is a 90*50 site is dividing the land into 3 parts and selling 1 portion of 30*50 to me. This land is a B Khata site and I plan to start construction. Other sites in the road are A Khatha sites.

    My questions are:
    a. Is it safe to purchase the site under B khatha start construction and later on convert to A khatha
    b. Are conversions from B khatha to A khatha happening as of now, and what is the usual charges for this conversion

    1. Dear Mohammed Ali,
      Please verify whether the said site is converted and appoved by competent authority. IThe ‘B’ khata sites usually will not get plan approval for construction.

  278. Hi Sir,
    I am Manash here. I want to purchase a land from Urban Habitat. IT is a BMRDA approved layout in Kamanahali-chikanahali village area near Verthur. All the amenities are there from the builder like swerage, water, electriciti, rain water harvesting, swerage treatment plant etc.

    Que 1. Whether I will get A khata for such property? I came to know some of my friends that this is panchayat area, so the property as a whole is A khata, i mean layout. But you will get B khata for your land. Please can you help here?

    Que 2. I asked PTCL endorsement to the developer. They gave it which is signed by assistant commisioner Anekal. Whether the assistant commissioner has authority or entittled person to give PTCL endorsement or the Tahasiladar ?

    The website of urban habitat is

    All the documents are also available there.

    Please help me here.


    1. Dear Manash,
      1. Since the layout formed comes under the village panchayat limits you will get village panchayat khata Form No.9 & 11 signed by Block Development Officer.

      2. PTCL Endorsement will be issued by the Tahsildar or the Assistant Commissioner.

  279. Dear Bash Nivesh

    Is it must to get your flat register at market value or registration can be done on govt. value, specially when i have shown market value in agreement for loan purpose. Do the bank claim for balance amt(agreement value-registration value) if we submit registration paper for mortgage of property.

    1. Dear Swapnil,
      Usually people will register their plots by paying the present guidance value fixed by the government eventhough they have shown more in the agreement for the purpose of loan. However, some banks for granting of loans they will insist to register the document not on the guidance value but the entire value shown in the agreement of sale.

  280. Dear BasuNivesh

    In the Khata Mela announced recently from 16th Feb to 15th March can we get an A Khata if we have a B Khata.

    Thanks, Murali, V

    1. Dear Murali,
      No. The khata mela is only for payment of taxes and not for taking penalties for regularization.

  281. Dear BasuNivesh
    Pls give me the details for obtaining a house construction plan sanctioned for a plot located in Thindlu village off Vidyaranyapura. Also which authority has be to be approached for the same.
    What are the hurdles likely to be faced. I have paid the taxes upto date and the plot was purchased through a GPA holder who has paid the betterment charges to the erstwhile CMC, Byatrayanapura

    1. Dear Hari,
      If your area comes under the BBMP limits approach the BBMP Engineering Department. They will furnish you all the details.

  282. Dear Basunivesh / Srinivasa,
    I am planning to purchase a site in Bharathnagar (BEL Layout II stage) near Magadi Road from Mrs. X. The property is in joint names of Mr. & Mrs. X & Mr. X is deceased who was a employee of B.E.L. The above property was purchased by Mr & Mrs. X from a lady (vender) who appointed her husband as a G.P.A holder who has formed the layout out of D.C converted land & layout plan approved by Herohally G.P.
    Kindly advice me as to what are the steps should i follow for purchasing the above site. Thanking you

    1. Dear Shreyas,
      Mrs. X has to first get the khata transferred only to her name and only then she can execute the saledeed along with the legal heirs of Mr.X.

  283. Dear Srinivasa,

    There is a 5 years old flat for resale in Marathahalli and currently the owner is holding housing load in SBI. But the khatha transfer is not done by the builder even though the builder collected money from all the purchaser 5years ago. Now the association people put a case on the builder which is going on. I can get loan from only private banks and get registered the property.
    Please guide me whether i can go for the property or not.

    Thanks! Ganesh.

    1. Dear Ganesh,
      Since there is no individual khata for each apartment without that you will not get loan from the banks.

  284. Dear Basu Nivesh & Srinivasa

    Thanks a lot for clarifying our queries, Good bless you

    Here is my question :

    I have booked a property in Amruttahalli layout, Bangalore. My Builder is asking the Betterment charges along with Khata Charges from the buyers. I am confirmed about the Khata but do I need to pay the Betterment charges as well , please advice and help me with the Clause/ written /published rules.

    1. Dear Nitin,

      Generally, the khata has to be transferred by the purchaser only at his own cost. If the vendor agrees to get khata transfer including betterment charges also at the time of your negotiations then he has to bear all the charges. As otherwise, you have to pay the betterment charges also.

  285. can any one tell me what could be the approximate penalty for 2 pent houses in my apartments? and who has to bare the cost of the vertical violation?

    1. Dear Jeeva,
      The vertical violation penalty should be borne by the Developer. Regarding the penalty for the pent houses you will have to approach the concerned revenue officer of BBMP and as on today, the Akramana and Sakramana bill is not yet approved by the government for fixing penalty for pent houses.

  286. Dear Basunivesh/Srinivasa,

    I have two questions:

    1.Whether non DC plots can be converted to DC by individually paying taxes if any for individual sites….
    2.If the land(non DC) is registered by subregistrar /panchayat can we treat these are genuine sites for construction?

    best regards


    1. Dear Surya,

      1. The conversion will be made only on agricultural lands bearing survey number for the full extent and not for individual sites.

      2. No, non converted sites formed would be treated as unauthorized.

  287. Dear Sir,

    What is Form:9,10 & form 11,12.

    If the panchayat issues these forms,can we call them khatas? can i start construction?


    suresh reddy

    1. Dear Suresh,

      Earlier the village panchayat were issuing Form 10 & 12, now they are issuing Form 9 & 11 which has to be signed by Block Development Officer which is considered as a khata.

  288. Dear Basu Nivesh & Srinivasa,

    Your initiative in resolving the issues is highly appreciable,hatsoff!!!

    Here are my questions:

    1.We bought 2 sites measuring 30*40 in avalahalli-Bidarahalli village panchayat & got registered but it doesn`t comes under BDA/BMRDA & hence BBMP approval.
    2.But owner claims we can get the khatas from panchayat office,if we gets the khata can we go ahead with the construction or should wait till the BBMP approval`s for the site as these plots are not DC converted.

    Pls help.


    suresh reddy

    1. Dear Suresh,
      Since the above said plots come under the village panchayat limits, the village panchayat represented by its Block Development Officer will issue the khata in the Form No.9 & 11. On the said khatas you will also get plan approval from the village panchayat. Since the land is not a converted land your layout will be termed as unauthorized layout without obtaining necessary permissions from the concerned authorities.

  289. Hi Sir,

    I have booked and registered a flat in one of the apartment in July 2012. But the apartment still under construction.

    The land owner and builder were different, and land owner was having the A-katha on that land,

    Due to recent changes in some of the BBMP rules, the builder was saying that i will get only B-katha, but initially he promised i will get A-Katha only.

    Can you please confirm the following queries –

    – If the land owner having the A-katha and the building plan is approved, then i will get A-katha or B-Katha ?
    – Any rules are changed on the BBMP side recently ?
    – Due to some of the violations in the building plan, does the builder was saying that i will get B-Katha only ?

    Please help me to understand the issue in a better way and also how do i proceed further.


    1. Dear Anil,

      I hope there is a deviation in the construction of the apartment. It will be regularized only after the approval of Akramana and Sakramana bill. If the builder obtain commencement certificate and occupation certificate from BBMP then the apartment holders will get “A” khata, as otherwise, they will issue only ‘B’ khata for the present.

  290. Hi Sir,

    I am planning to buy a B Khata individual house. Near whitefield. Could you please suggest if I should go for it. Is it safe to buy that house .its a duplex house.


    1. Dear Suraj,
      Kindly obtain all the documents relating to the property and take the advice of a advocate who is well conversant on property matters.

  291. Hi Basunivesh,
    I am planning to buy a panchayat approved plot (60×40) near KR puram. Is it safe to buy these sites?. What are documents required to be sought from the owner?.

    Thanks. Kamesh

  292. Hi BasuNivesh and Srinivasa,
    We are looking at buying a B-KHATA plot in the ITI Layout in Bommanahalli area.

    Its a DC converted layout formed by ITI Housing Society. FEW plots in the same layout already have the A khata.

    However after issuing approval/khata for these few sites BDA asked for replanning of the layout since the housing society altered the original plan. Currently the new plan has been submitted to BDA – but there is no further news on that about approval.

    Just beside the B-Khata plot I am looking to buy, a guy (having A Khata) has already constructed the house.

    Since this is a DC Converted layout with B-KHATA, can we construct house in it and pay betterment charges to BBMP to get A-Khata when they start accepting it?

    Will BBMP give the build plan approval etc? Will it be legal? OR a very risky decision to construct house on such plot?

    1. Dear Anil,
      First find out from BDA whether the new plan has been approved by BDA. You can proceed after the approval.

  293. In Multi storeyed Multi Block residential complexes, is Surface parking permitted and allowed as per the concerned laws? If so, would like to have the reference pl.

  294. Dear Sir,

    I have seen a plot in Verthur. Layout is a private layout. It is a DC converted layout. Necessary taxes have been paid to entire land and got A Katha. Now we are planning to purchase only small portion of the entire land.

    Could you please let me know how long will it take to get bifurcation. Will owner do the bifurcation. How much betterment charges we need to pay.

    Will the layout be approved by BDA after Akrama Sakrama bill.

    Could you please provide an update on the above.

    Thanks. Kiran.

    1. Dear Rajendhar,
      After purchasing the plot you can apply BBMP for khata transfer. It is the duty of the purchaser to get the khata. registration. Regarding the betterment charges kindly approach the BBMP revenue authorities.

  295. Dear Mr.D.Srinivasa & BasuNivesh – I have seen few comments, it helps a lot. Really appreciate your social good work

    I have a small clarification:

    I have a site/plot with dimensions 50 X 80 ( 80 road facing, A khata BBMP) it is in a gated lay out, now I am planning to sell this property to Two different people ( 50 X 40 & 50 X 40 ).
    Is it allowed to sell the property by splitting it in to two ? is there any complications ? please provide me the some information related to this.

    Thanks in advance for all your advises.

    1. Dear Ramesh,

      There are issues in splitting and selling. There are no complications. Only the purchaser after getting the same has to get the khata bifurcation from the concerned authorities.

  296. Hi Sir,
    Greetings for the day

    I am planning to buy one 30*40 site after Nelmangala we have to go 10 kms futher for this site, but this site is Gramta the broker said, please advice is it good to buy this or not please clarify this is the first time i am planning to take this pls help me out


    1. It is not advisable to purchase any revenue site either gramtana or private layout which has been formed without obtaining permission from various departments.

    1. Dear Balaji,

      It depends on the area of the plot, residential/commercial building/apartments/farm house/any agricultural land. There is no fixed charges as such. It depends on the various legal firms and advocates.

  297. Hi Sir,
    I am planning to buy DC converted B khatha site near Whitefiled (devanagondhi), i want to know what are the documents I should look for. and can i avail loan from banks for buying this property.

    please give me some pro’s and con’s on this.
    Thanks in advance..

    1. Dear Manju,
      Documents required for buying the property: Mother Deed, present sale deed or any title deeds, khata, tax paid receipts, EC, layout plan, etc.,
      Probably it may be difficult to get loan for ‘B’ khata properties.

  298. Hi BasuNivesh, Srinivas sir,

    I have bought an apartment from SJR Builders. The registration is planned in next month (March). I just want to know what documents are required if I need to sell this apartment after the registration.

    Any minimum period is required to keep the apartment before selling?

    I’m not clear on document list. someone said Khatha certificate required to sell the apartment.

    Thanks in advance.


    1. Dear Raghav,
      After registration of the property, if you intend to sell you must have:
      1.Sale deed
      2.Khata Certificate
      3.Khata extract
      4.Up-to-date tax paid receipt
      5.Up-to-date EC
      and copies of the documents furnished by your builder.
      If you get the khata in your name, then you can sell the property at any time.

  299. Hi BasuNivesh,
    We are interested to buy an apartment which is in its preconstruction stage i.e. the builder and owner of the plot has got in to a joint venture to construct an Apartment. When we had approached SBI lawyer to get legal clearance and value, the lawyer had asked us to get the RTC. When we checked with the builder, he said it is not available with the owner. I would request to let me know the importance of having this document and the consequence of not having it. Since LIC is ready to sanction Loan based on the documents provided by the builder.

    1. Dear Mr. Jay,

      It is better to get the present year RTC from the concerned Tahsildar’s Office which will be issued to general public across the counter if you furnish the Survey number, name of the village and hobli which will indicate the owner of the land. If the land is acquired by BDA, KIADB, BMRDA, etc., it will also reflect in the said RTC.

  300. sir

    One of my friends is trying to sell me a plot belonging to his family.

    1. He says it is registered in B-register (does B-register has any PID ?, what is the proof to know it is in B-register?)

    2.He says they has EC upt o 2004 and will apply for EC up to date.(The plot was registered in present owner’s name in Dec 2012. why they do not have EC up to Dec 2012. Is it possible?)

    3.He says property tax was not paid since 2007 ( since the merger into BBMP?)and I should pay it as the amount will be about 5000 Rs. My understanding is Property tax should always be paid upto date by the seller and receipts should should show the B-register(khata) number and name of the owner. Do u think he is hiding some facts?

    Pls clarify my doubts.
    Pls give contact and address of Mr Srinivas as I want to take legal opinion from him on monday.

    [email protected]


    1. Dear Rambabu,
      The Form ‘B’ issued by the BBMP which is nothing but ‘B’ khata. However, the property details has not been entered in the revenue records of BBMP. It is the duty of the vendor to pay the taxes up-to-date every year. Since now the property comes under BBMP from 2007, he has to approach the BBMP Revenue Department and pay the taxes under the self assessment scheme and get ‘B’ khata from BBMP. The EC can be applied in the Sub-Registrar Office and get up-to-date EC by any person whenever it is required which is a public document.

  301. Hi Mr.Srinivasa,
    I am purchasing a site(A khata) in rajanakunte, Bangalore. For registration the site owner will sign the agreement. If the site owner has a son/daughter above 18yrs age, do they also need to sign on the agrrement while transferring the property to my name?

    Or is it only ancestors property where grand son/daughter has to sign while selling the property.

    This property I am talking about is not ancestor’s.

    1. Dear Mohanraj,
      If the property is the self acquired property of the vendor, in such case there is no need for getting their family members’ signatures as “consenting witnesses” in the document.

  302. This site is a good read, Thank you all for your valuable inputs. I Need a clarification from someone.

    Iam planning to purchase a Re Sale flat which is about 1150 sqft which is BDA approved A Khata which is about 5 years old.

    The building has a 21sqft Deviation and the Current flat owner did not obtain an Ocupancy Certificate for the flat. What is the process for applying one and how bad is the deal since the price fits my bill perfectely

    Note- All legal aspects of the Flat is clear

    Appreciate someone’s help

    1. Dear Naren,
      Since there is already a deviation it will be regularized only after passing of the “Akramana and Sakramana” bill by the government of Karnataka.

  303. Hi BasuNivesh,
    We had Purchased land in Kengeri in year 2002 under TMC, Revenue DC Converted Land. Got all the deeds, A Katha, EC, Paid Betterment Charges, and Tax too. Constructed house in 2003 with plan approval. I have paid the Taxes from 2003 during TMC till today BBMP.

    Now there seems to be issues with regards to land on our entire Area and even after producing A Katha…. now they are asking to get B katha.
    I am really confused as to why B katha, when already we have A katha? Please shed some light.


    1. Dear Santhosh,
      The BBMP has stopped collecting betterment charges and the issue of ‘A’ khata during the year 2006-07 and the government has framed “Akramana and Sakramana Bill”. But unfortunately, it is not yet approved. Hence, BBMP is not issuing ‘A’ khata. However, there is recent circular to issue ‘A’ khata wherein the land is formed after getting the conversion order.
      There is a press note by BBMP which is published in “Times of India” regarding the issue of khatas for the revenue site holders by BBMP. Hence you can approach again in the said “khata mela” and get your khata there.

  304. Hi BasuNivesh

    I have a 1 acre land which is under B khata near hoskote, i need convert to A khata, could you please tell me how to convert to A khata and if possible to convert then how long it will take and what are those procedure to covert. thanks in advance.

    1. Dear Saravana,

      For the agricultural lands there is no ‘A’ khata or ‘B’ khata. It is only mutation and pahan/RTC.

  305. Hi BasuNivesh,
    For your kind information, it is not KATHA, it is KATHE… it is a kannada word, however thanks for the information

  306. Hi BasuNivesh,

    I am planning to purchase a flat which is in 4th floor. Sanction is only for 3 floors. Land is A khatha. Once akrama sakrama comes in to picture, how the penalty will be calculated. For each pent house or for total building. How much will be approximate penalty for these kind of violations. Please guide.



    1. Dear Jiji,

      Your proposed purchase of pent house is fully unauthorized. The BBMP may regularize the pent house after collecting penalties as prescribed under the proposed Akramana & Sakramana Scheme OR the BBMP may issue notice for demolition of the pent house which is not approved in the sanction plan.

      1. Dear Srinivasa,

        There is a 5 years old flat for resale in Marathahalli and currently the owner is holding housing load in SBI. But the khatha transfer is not done by the builder even though the builder collected money from all the purchaser 5years ago. Now the association people put a case on the builder which is going on. I can get loan from only private banks and get registered the property.
        Please guide me whether i can go for the property or not.

        Thanks! Ganesh.

        1. Dear Srinivasa,
          For the registration of any property khata is a must , either ‘A’ khata or ‘B’ khata or khata issued by the village panchayat in favour of the vendor. There is a press note by BBMP which is published in “Times of India” regarding the issue of khatas for the revenue site holders by BBMP. Hence it is better you advice your vendor to apply and get the khata in the said “khata mela” and thereafter proceed to purchase the property.

    1. Dear Ranganath,
      Kindly approach the concerned revenue office of BBMP in whose jurisdiction your KHB flat is situated and apply and get the khata.

  307. Hi I am planning to buy an apartment which has BBMP A katha, But owner is stating he doesn’t have ‘OC’. Do you think its safe to proceed. Bank is ready to offer the loan I am not sure How

    1. Telly-Request you to wait till our expert reply to your comment. Sorry to all who are waiting Mr.Srinivas’s reply. He was out of city since 12 days due to his professional engagement. He will reply to you all within a day or two.

    2. Dear Telly,

      Kindly take all the papers and documents pertaining to the property to an advocate who is well conversant with property matters and take his legal opinion.

  308. For an apt. complex, ‘Individual Khatas’ applied for, and heard to have been prepared and kept ready, told to have been withheld pending issues re. payment of ‘betterment charges’ (DC) is finally resolved by court.
    BBMP seems to insist for an ‘undertaking’; from every apartment buyer should khata be required before the pending court case is disposed of !
    To add, builder/seller failed to apply for and obtain a ‘master khata’ , thereby enable each apartment buyer to apply for and obtain a bifurcated khata , a much simpler and normal way of doing.
    So far as known, the party (ies) to the case (s) in which court direction was first given to issue khata without insisting for DC were all exclusive, independent owners of plots, who developed for own use; not apartments. BBMP seems to say that in the further appeal filed but pending disposal, it has been allowed by court to issue or release khata only after obtaining an ‘affidavit’ (undertaking) as aforesaid.

    I will appreciate if you clarify what exactly were the facts before the court and present status. And, According to you, is the BBMP right in taking the reported stand for APARTMENTS.

  309. Hi, i want to purchase a site measuring 30×40 where the owner is not having katha for this. But he is having the supporting papers from 1942 to justify that this land is self owned and not any other type of land. Since the land was green belt i heard that there is no need of DC conversion. (DC conversion is required only for yellow belt). Owner had paid tax regularly and it is upto date. Should i but this site ? if yes what are the other challenges i may have to take care, plz guide.

    1. Dear Sudheendra,

      If the area comes under green belt it is not advisable to purchase since green belt is meant only for agricultural operations.

      1. Dear Srinivas, The area is fully developed. 3-4 sites are available . My concern is the owner is not having katha but she is paying property tax from 2007 and she have PID given by BBMP. Plz suggest should i go ahead and buy this?

  310. Srinivasa, can get an apartment built in a ‘B’ khata site where all the taxes are paid upto date and no other issues with the site. The only issue is that is a ‘B’ khata site. please advise at the earliest.

    1. You will not get any loan from any banks/financial institutions to the apartment built on ‘B’ khata site.

  311. Dear Mr.Srinivas,
    I have a site which comes under ‘B’ khata at JP nagar VI phase. If i have to apply for a loan it may be difficult for me to get the laon as it is ‘B’ khata. This site was bought way back in 1979 and the taxes are paid uptodate. How do I get it converted to ‘A’khata plese advise.

    1. Kindly wait til the passing of “Akramana and Sakramana Bill” and only thereafter you have to pay the necessary penalties prescribed therein and then you may get ‘A’ khata.

  312. My father purchased a piece of land which was originally an agricultural land but was converted to revenue land before sale / purchase by the original owner. My father passed away in 1992, and after that my sister and I have got the khata done in our names and were paying the taxes. In 2007-08 the area ( now coming under the Hoodi ward) has come under the jurisdiction of BBMP. Now, I need to pay my tax arrears and get a new ‘A’ khata, I am told that I need to pay betterment / improvement charges also. What is the rate of these betterment / improvement charges? What are the documents I need to submit at the time of applying for as’A’ khata? Are there any additional charges I need to pay for the said khata? What is the Official time frame within which the ‘A’ khata has to issued by the BBMP on receipt of application by any land owner?

    1. 1. For getting khata from BBMP you have to apply BBMP prescribed form along with xeox copies of title deed, mother deed, etc., up-to-date encumberance certificate, up-to-date tax paid receipts, copy of old khata, a copy of layout plan, etc.,
      2. Thirty days.

  313. Hi Mr.D.Srinivasa,
    I need some suggestion on following.
    I am considering one property for purchase, its a private layout. ,

    Mr. ‘A’ purchased it in 1960 ,
    Mr ̵