RERA is now a reality and hence if you have any complaints against your builder, then how to file an online complaint against builders under RERA? In this post, I will explain you about the process of complaint against builders under RERA for Maharashtra and Karnataka States.
We all know that with certain stringent rules under RERA, home buyers have an edge over the builders. If builders deviate from their promises, then now you have an option to knock the RERA.
Who can file online complaint against builders under RERA?
As per Karnataka RERA act “Any aggrieved person may file a complaint with the Regulatory Authority for any violation under the Act or the rules and regulations made there under, save as those provided to be adjudicated by the adjudicating officer, as per Form ‘N’ which shall be accompanied by a fee of rupees one thousand in the form of a demand draft drawn on a nationalized bank or a co-operative Bank in favor of regulatory authority and payable at the main branch of that bank at the station where the seat of the said Regulatory Authority is situated.”
Hence, any aggrieved home buyer may file a complaint against any violation from the builder by paying Rs.1,000 as a fee for this (In Maharashtra it is Rs.5,000).
Also, do remember one thing that RERA is the act formulated by Central Government. However, it is purely a state matter. Hence, each state has formulated the law. Hence, you have to complain to the respective state RERA authorities only. You can also file a complaint against the agents who cheated you.
How to file online complaint against builders under RERA in Karnataka?
As I said earlier, RERA is state-level monitoring system even though designed and implemented by Central Government.
Almost all states now promulgated the RERA act. But here I am concentrating on Karnataka and Maharashtra state. Hence, let us start with the process of explaining how to file online complaint against builders under RERA in Karnataka.
The steps to file online complaint against builders under RERA in Karnataka is as below.
1) Visit the Karnataka RERA Complaint Registration Portal by clicking HERE.
2) You have to provide your personal details like name, contact number, email id or address.
3) Next, you have to provide the details of the respondent against whom you are complaining.
4) You have to provide the details of the complaint like Subject, facts you want to disclose. Along with this, you can upload the documents which you want as a proof of your complaint.
5) Now you have to pay Rs.1,000 as a charge against the complaint. You can pay the fee using internet banking using the link provided for the same using Khajane II. You can upload the Khajane II Challan as a proof of payment.
6) Finally, click on the declaration and click on “Submit” tab.
7) Once you click on submit, then you will receive an acknowledgement number. Keep this number for your future usage.
Alternatively, you can refer this simple video created by Karnataka Government regarding the procedure for registering the complaining. REGISTER COMPLAINT AGAINST BUILDERS ONLINE UNDER RERA.
How to file online complaint against builders under RERA in Maharashtra?
Exactly like Karnataka Government, Maharashtra Government also started the facility to file online complaint against builders under RERA. The steps are as below.
1) Visit MahaRERA where you can file online complaint against builders under RERA in Maharashtra. Then click on the link “Online Application”.
2) The new window will open. There you select the option “New Registration”.
3) Creating account is simple. You have to just provide details like User Type (As Complaint), Select state and UT, username, password, mobile number and email id. Once you submit create user tab, the account will be created and you will receive a confirmation email. Click on the activation link of the same.
4) Once you verified your account, then login to the portal. You will see that you can raise the complaint and also pay the fee online. The screen looks like below.
5) Once you complete the complaint, then choose the payment option. The fee as of now is Rs.5,000. The mode of payment is NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode. (A complainant can also file complaint offline at MAHARERA Desk in “ FORM A” provided by MAHARERA.).
Once you submit the complaint, both the parties (you and the builder) will receive the notices from the authority to present their views.
Do remember that even builder or agents may complain against you also!!
Is there any time limit to resolve RERA Complaints?
Section 29 of the Act provides that complaints should be disposed of as expeditiously as possible but not later than sixty days from the date of filing the same. However, where it cannot be disposed of during the said period, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority is required to record its reasons for the same.
Based on this, the authority will award the verdict.In case, you are not satisfied with the decision or offer, you may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days. From the date of the decision made by Appellate Tribunal, a person can also file an appeal to High Court within 60 days.
If you still not satisfied with RERA Appellate Tribunal order, they can file and appeal with the High Court fo respective states.