LIC’s new plans 2014-Single Premium Endowment Plan (No.817)

From today onward LIC started to offer new plans which are according to new IRDA Regulations. LIC closed its existing plans by 31st Dec 2013. So from this month onward you will find plenty of new featured plans. The first plan in the list is “Single Premium Endowment Plan, Table No.817″. Let see what it actually offers.

It is a single premium policy and contains the below features.

Single Premium Endowment Plan (No.817)

Below is the loan availability % based on the total surrender value.

Single Premium Endowment Plan (No.817) Loan

So is it beneficial to invest?

Let us consider a person whose age is 30 years, interested to invest Rs.1,00,000 for a term of 25 years, then the premium will be Rs.48,545 (Including 3.09% Service Tax). It looks great at first instant as for getting SA of Rs.1,00,000 you are paying less than half of it. But do remember that this is the traditional plan and you need to wait for 25 years. In terms of liquidity this plan seems good. But when you consider as an investment tool then my suggestion will be “STAY AWAY”.

Share & Comment

Comments

1. Ranjit Kumar says

Sir my son is 7 months old, i want to invest monthly some money for him. which plan i should take. please advice me my monthly income is 30000 rupees, i can invest 3-5 k per month, please advivce me. thank u

2. Mrs C K Pandey says

Sir : My husband is retiring this month end. Kindly let me know best safe investing plans. There is one senior citizen saving post office scheme. Is it ok to invest on it. Kindly suggest – Rgds Mrs Pandey

3. S Shah says

I want to invest and insure for my son aged 18 yrs. May be one item on yearly basis.

Requesting you to suggest the best plan for my son which will give reasonably good return.

I m given to understand any Life Insurance Policy will give return in the range of 6 to 8 % Max..

Pls advise the best option.

S Shah

4. MUKARAM says

DEAR BASVARAJ,
    MY DAUGHTER AGE 13 YEARS,IWANT TO INVEST FOR HER FUTURE REQUIREMENT, WHAT IS BEST INVESTMENT .

THANKS,

5. prashant says

Hi..
    I m planning to buy LIC’s jeevan anand..my age is 30..and advisor told me for 20 yrs term and 5 lac SA..I need to pay 29561 yrly premium.and after maturity i will get 1080000(FB+SA+FAB ie. 48*500*20 + 5 lac+ 200*500)..and they will provide lifetime insurance to me though policy is matured,so is it good to buy it or i should go for money back plan.plz suggest.
    thanks..
    prashant

• says

Prashant-First ask yourself that after buying this insurance and of your sudden death, for how many years your financial dependents survive with this Rs.5,00,000 amount? Second thing think yourself the quoted return will be suffice to meet your financial goals. With the kind of return around 5% to 6% will you beat the inflation and sustain in long run?? If for all these questions your answer is YES then go ahead.

6. Saurabh says

Hi Basavaraj,

Request you to put some light on Single Premium Endowment Plan (No.817) .. One of the agent is saying that if you pay Rs 60,000 then after 18 years you will get 18 Lakhs from this Single Endowment Policy (One time Premium) . I wanted to do this for my son. Please let me know if this is true or not. If not then how much would my son can get returns after 18 yrs ..His Current Age is 1 year..And I can invest Rs 30,000 max. at one time.

Your help would be really appreciable.

Saurabh.

7. Saurabh says

Hi Basavaraj,

Request you to put some light on this Single Premium Endowment Plan (No.817) .. One of the agent is saying that if you pay Rs 60,000 then after 18 years you will get 18 Lakhs from this Single Endowment Policy (One time Premium) . I wanted to do this for my son. Please let me know if this is true or not. If not then how much would my son can get returns after 18 yrs ..His Current Age is 2 years..And I can invest Rs 30,000 max. at one time.

8. Rakesh says

i want to deposit 1 lakh for year so please assist me and tell me if i will deposit under insurecne then what benefit i will get and after years how much amount i will get.2nd please tell me also if i will deposit under investment then what benefit i will get and finely how much amount i will get.

9. Mithu says

I have invested Rs 40,000 in LIC Wealth Plus (Single Premium Investment) in year 2010. Now I have been informed by my LIC Agent that NAV is best during this period, hence he suggested that I should close that plan and reinvest the same amount in LIC Table No 817 plan (Single Premium Endowment Plan). Please suggest if it would be a good idea. Thanks Mithu

10. Pulla Reddy Panditi says

Hi Basavaraj,

I am looking for best insurance policy.

My current age 29 Years.I want invest 50,000 p.a.Could you please give suggestion which policy is better

11. Nikhil D says

Hi Basavaraja,

I am the one who is newly join to the work, who i’m stay in bangalore. I am thing to make some savings to my feature, i have intrest to make small investment on Rs.500 to Rs.1000 monthly, can you advice me in which sector it is possible to make invest and it also provide safety for my money and good return back after 10year.

• says

Nikhil-First buy term insurance online for around 15-20 times of your yearly income, buy health insurance for you and for family, buy accidental insurance as well as critical illness insurance. Create around 6 months household expenses as emergency fund. Once all these are set then we can discuss for investing.

12. Sunitha says

Hi Basavaraj,

I want to do one time investment of Rs 50000 and the term period should be 5 years for my son’s education who is 10 year old. please suggest me good investment plan. I am a house wife and this 50000 is my savings.

13. Biju says

Dear Sir,
    I am 38 years old. I need insurance coverage for 25 years. Is it a good idea to deposit a single premium amount of 50000/- ? what may be the sum assured? What may be the amount “I” get after 25 years?

Biju

• Biju says

Dear Sir,
        Thank you for your prompt reply. I am interested mainly insurance (but great amount). I mean, my nominee should get a good lump sum amount. How much will she get if I deposit 50000/ with 25 years coverage?
        Biju Joseph

• says

Biju-If your concern is only insurance then why can’t you buy regular online term insurance than going for one time investment of Rs.50,000? Ideal insurance cover should be 15 times of your yearly income. But I felt you are opinion that how much you get that much is better for you. It is not like that. Insurance companies usually review the requirement on one’s income, health or age. Based on that they will issue.

14. shashi kapur says

I am investing Rs. 17000/year in LIC PLAN 815. TERM 30 YEAR .MY AGE NOW 26 YEAR.(LIC 500000).BETTER YA NO.KINDLY REPLY

15. shashi kapur says

I am investing Rs. 13000/year in LIC PLAN 814. LONGE TERM 35 YEAR .MY AGE NOW 23 YEAR.(LIC 500000).BETTER YA NO.KINDLY REPLY

16. rohit raj says

dear sir. i have a new endowrment plan from lic (250000).for twenty years. i want to know what is meturity amount (lumsum).

17. says

I am 28 years old,planning to invest in a retirement plan,i can invest around 25k now monthly
    Which is the best LIC plan now.

18. lokesh gupta says

Hi,

I am investing Rs. 20,000/year in Jeevan Anand from 2005. I know it is not a great product for investing but afraid will loose money if i surrender.

I have already taken LIC term plan for Rs. 50 Lacs from last year onwards.

Pls guide if i can surrender or keep investing.

Lokesh

19. jatin chandrahas patel says

Dear Sir,

I have Invest in LIC yearly Rs32000/- approx in different plan

1) Jeevan surabhi 15 years yearly premium Rs 13000/- Approx
    2) Jeevan Mitra Tripal Cover Plan Yearly premium Rs 3100/- Approx
    3) jeevan Saral Yearly premium Rs6120/- approx

and other Bima gold policies

Please give me advise of return

• says

Jatin-All are typical traditional plans. So lower life risk to your potential (ideal insurance cover should be around 15-20 times) and lower returns of around 6%. So what purpose these plans fulfill in your financial life? Think and decide.

20. Krishna says

Hi,
    suppose SA is 1 Lakh, then Single Premium comes around 47000. My question is, what is the loan amount, which can be taken in the “2nd year”? Is it 90% of the premium paid OR 30% of the surrender value??

Krishna.

21. gunjan says

PLS HELP.. I HAVE 1.43 LACS TO INVEST IMMEDIATELY FOR MY SON WHO IS ONE YR OLD… WILL NEED THIS MONEY AT THE END OF 15 YRS.. WHERE SHOULD I INVEST…

• says

Gunjan-If this is only investment you want to invest for your kid’s future then use Bank FDs (but interest earned is taxable) or some tax free bonds. Otherwise use PPF (invest Rs.1,00,000 in first year as highest investable limit is only Rs.1,00,000) then from next year onward try to invest remaining amount as well as monthly contributions. But to me including a well diversified mutual fund for such long term goal looks suitable. Think and decide.

22. Teja says

Good verdict Basu, to ‘stay away’. For me, Life Insurance is only term plans; it is the service fee you pay for insuring your life! You don’t insure your bike/car and expect a return at the end of the year from the premium paid. Same for your health insurance. You don’t go to a cinema and expect the ticket price in full/part to be paid back. Then why’d anyone expect returns from his/her life insurance? For tax saving, or investments, there are multiple other options with decent returns, but not life insurance. This is purely what I feel. Not being judgmental or influence anyone’s decisions.

23. Arijita says

Hi Basavraj,

Can you please suggest me a good LIC policy with good returns and loan facilities. I am 31 years old female and want to invest 60000/80000 only in LIC.

One of the agents suggested Endowment Policy and Jeevan Saral.

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Arijita

• MALAY says

Arijita-LIC is not having any Policy like Jeevan Saral as on date. But there is New Endowment Policy which offers moderate return with Life Risk. You may go for Single Premium Endowment Plan for 25 years. Longer the term Higher the return.

24. Manimekalai says

Hi

I want to invest in insurance in the name of my son who is 11 months old. Also i want to opt for Single premium plan with amount of Rs.15,000/- only. Please Suggest me some good plans.

25. says

26. Nitin says

Sir

Please let me know if I am on the right track:
    SA = 3L
    Premium: 64260 *3 (30 yrs of age and 15 yrs term) = 1.9L

Now there is rebate of 30% of SA = 90K

So premium = 1.9L – 90K = 1L
    And after 15 yrs = 3L

So return of 13% pa.

Pls advice

27. Sabu says

Min Term is 10 Years. NOT 9 years.
    If a 30yr Old cant wait for 25yrs, he can invest for 10 yrs with Rs.76,281 premium for 1 Lakh SA.

• Poorvottar Sampark Kranti says

As per my presumption returns on LIC policies depends on how much premium you exactly pay to LIC & for how long duration..based upon that LIC may give you 6-7% return.All other lucrative theories are nothing but customer attraction.
        Now my New Bima Gold Policy where I’m enjoying 2 kind of rebates,
        ->The first one is 2%(Re 694) rebate on yearly premium(Re 34726) which I think LIC offers on all the policies.
        ->Second one is High Sum Assured Rebates..Where I’m enjoying rebate of 7.5 per 1000 SA.So for 1050k SA yearly rebate is a hefty amount(Re 7875).
        As per the table my premium should be Re 43260 but actually my Annual Premium is 35776(34726+1050(Accidental Benefit Rider))
        What I think is that concessions provided on premium payment will have an inversely proportional affect on Final Maturity amt.Also please share me whether LIC provided such hefty concessions in their other policies.

• says

Poorvottar-There is no direct relation between high sum assured or yearly payment rebate to return you receive from this plan. Such rebates are same and will be available to all plans. So don’t confuse yourself that only that plan will offer you such rebates. Giving you 2% rebate on yearly premium is the business thinking. Getting Rs.100 now is best option for me instead of getting it for the one year in quarterly mode, as I can invest this Rs.100 immediately somewhere where I can earn more than 2%. So don’t confuse yourself.

28. Vengat says

Except Service Tax on premium, no major changes in Single Premium Endowment Policy. Unlike popular perception, this product is no customer friendly.