Finally, Ayushman Bharat Scheme (Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)) is launched. What is the Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat? How to check it?
Before jumping to check the eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Scheme, let us first understand the features of Ayushman Bharat Scheme or Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
Features of Ayushman Bharat Scheme or Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
- It is deemed as the world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme covering around 50 Crore beneficiaries.
- The Ayushman Bharat is a scheme that aims to provide health insurance to 10 crore families.
- The coverage will be Rs.5 lakh per year per family.
- 1,354 health packages are included in this scheme. Major treatments like coronary bypass, knee replacements and stenting would be provided at 15% to 20% cheaper rate than the Central Government Health Scheme.
- The scheme provides the cashless and paperless claim process.
- You can avail the benefits either in Government Hospitals or with listed private hospitals.
- The beneficiaries are identified based on the deprivation categories (D1, D2, D3, D4, D5 and D7). For urban areas, 11 occupational criteria will determine the eligibility.
- Here, family means no restriction on number of members or age.
- As of now, Aadhaar card is not mandatory. You just have to prove your identity through Aadhaar, Voter ID or Ration Card.
- Each empanelled hospital will have the “Ayushman Mitra Help Desk”, where the beneficiary can check the eligibility and enroll for the scheme.
- All beneficiaries will get the QR Code. This will help in identifying the beneficiary.
Who is eligible for Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
1. Households living in only one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
2. Households with no adult member between age 16 to 59
3. Female headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59
4. Households having at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
5. SC/ST households
6. Landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour
7. Households without shelter
8. Destitute/ living on alms
9. Manual scavenger families
10. Primitive tribal groups
11. Legally released bonded labour
1. Rag picker
3. Domestic worker
4. Street vendor/ Cobbler/hawker / Other service provider working on streets
5. Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ Painter/ Welder/ Security guard/ Coolie and another head-load worker
6. Sweeper/ Sanitation worker / Mali
7. Home-based worker/ Artisan/ Handicrafts worker / Tailor
8. Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller
9. Shop worker/ Assistant/ Peon in small establishment/ Helper/Delivery assistant / Attendant/ Waiter
10. Electrician/ Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker
11. Washer-man/ Chowkidar
Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat – How to check it online?
Now let us understand the process of checking the eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Step 1-On the landing page of AM I Eligible Portal, you have to enter an active mobile number (to receive an OTP) and enter the Captcha letters displaying on the screen and click on the “Generate OTP” button. After this, you will receive an OTP as a text message on the mobile number entered. You have to enter this OTP and click on “Verify OTP” which directs to a page to enter the details for search.
Step 2-Once you enter the OTP, then you will be re-directed to below screen. Here, you can check your eligibility by entering a) Mobile number/Ration Card Number (collected during ADCD drive), b) SECC Name or c) RSBY URN.
a) Mobile number/Ration Card Number: An Additional Data Collection Drive (ADCD) was conducted on 30th April 2018 at Gram Sabha’s across India to capture active mobile number and ration card number of a family of the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database. If the individual got his/her Mobile number or Ration card number captured during this drive, only then it will show results on the portal. If the individual got his details captured during the ADCD drive and still no results are displayed, then the “SECC Name” option should be used for searching.
b) SECC Name: An individual can search if he/she is eligible for PMJAY using his details as per the SECC database such as Name, Father’s Name, Gender, State etc. Even now, if no results are displayed, then the user should contact a nearby Ayushmaan Mitra.
c) RSBY URN: Additionally, all active families that are enrolled under RSBY (till 31st March, 2018) that do not feature in the targeted groups as per SECC data will be included as well and can identify if they are eligible for PMJAY using RSBY URN.
If the search is successful, the individual has an option to receive a text message with the HHID number/RSBY URN for future purposes on his/her phone by clicking the “Get SMS” button and entering the mobile number.
If your name is there in the list, it will show on the right side of the page. Click on “Family Members” tab to view the beneficiary details and information of the family members covered under the scheme.
Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat – How to check it offline?
In the above process, you noticed the way to find your eligibility for Ayushman Bharat. Now let us find the eligibility of Ayushman Bharat by checking offline method. You can call up on the helpline number, 14555.
Ayushman Bharat – Customer Care Helpline Numbers
You can get the helpline by following three ways.
- Toll-Free Contact Number-1455 or 1800111565
- Facebook Page and Twitter Account
- Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Hope this information will be helpful in checking your eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Scheme.