How to change/update date of birth in EPF UAN online? If your date of birth is not proper with respect to EPFO database, then it creates a huge issue at the time of pension. Hence, it is always best to cross-check your date of birth and correct it online.
In a move to extend the availability and reach of online services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, EPFO has issued revised instructions to its field offices to facilitate PF members to rectify their date of birth in EPFO records, thus ensuring that their UAN is KYC compliant
Valid documents eligible for change/update date of birth in EPF UAN
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Births and Deaths.
- Any School/Education related certificate.
- Certificate-based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organizations.
- Any other reliable documents issued by government departments.
- In the absence of proof of birth as above, Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a Competent Court.
- Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar-The change of date of birth shall be accepted as per Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar up to the maximum range of plus or minus of THREE YEARS of the date of birth recorded earlier with EPFO. (Earlier it was just one year. However, superseding all earlier notifications, EPFO released new notification on 3rd April 2020 and extended the period to 3 years).
How to change/update date of birth in EPF UAN online?
Let us now go through the process of change/update date of birth in EPF UAN online.
Step 1-Visit the EPFO’s Unified Member Portal. Log in to the account using your login using UAN number and password. Then under the tab “Manage”, select the option “Modify Basic Details”.
Step 2-Then you have to first enter your Aadhaar number and proceed for the entry of the date of birth AS PER AADHAAR records.
Step 3-Once you click on update details tab, the below screen will appear. Here you can view the details you entered, check the status of the details updated and also can delete the request. But do remember that employee can delete the request before an employer can approve the request.
Step 4-However, if your UAN is already Aadhaar verified, then you are not allowed to change the details. The message appears as below.
This is how you can proceed with change/update the date of birth in EPF UAN correction online. Once employee submit the request, then the below process will happen at the back end.
# Employer will login to Employer Interface of Unified Portal.
# Employer can view the change requests submitted by employees by clicking on “Member>Details Change Request”
# Employer can view the online requests received from employees and can thus take appropriate action by giving the proper remark.
# After approval of the request, employer can see the latest status of the request.
# After approval of the request by the employer, the request will appear as a task in login of Dealing Hand, of concerned EPFO office, in the Field Office Interface of Unified Portal.
# Dealing Hand can login and view the online change requests by clicking “Member>Details Change Request”.
# After due verification Dealing Hand can submit his/her recommendations to Section Supervisor.
# The Dealing Assistant can put the case either for Approval or Rejection by selecting the appropriate radio button i.e. Recommended for Approval or Recommended for Rejection with proper remarks. In the same manner, Section Supervisor can submit his/her recommendations to APFC/RPFC.
# Finally APFC/RPFC can Approve/Reject the case.
Note:-Do remember that EPFO did not set any deadline for this. Even though it is completely an online process, your employer’s approval is a MUST. Also, the update is allowed only as per Aadhaar details. Hence, before jumping into EPF UAN for correcting or updating the date of birth, first try to correct for any mismatch in Aadhaar.
Once the Aadhaar details are perfect, then go ahead for UAN correction. Otherwise, your request may be rejected upfront.
If you wish to update the other details like name and gender, then refer our post “EPF UAN name, gender and date of birth correction – Online procedure“.
Refer our latest posts:-
- Muthoottu Mini Financiers NCD Jan 2021 – Double money in 84 MONTHS!!
- Latest NPS exit and withdrawal Rules 2021
- Interesting Tax Dispute – Whether Sachin Tendulkar Actor or Cricketer?
- List of Index Funds in India 2021
- 7.15% Power Finance Corporation NCD Bonds 2021 – Review
- ENEMY No.1 of your investment