June 12, 2018

All about EPS Scheme Certificate

Do you know what is EPS Scheme Certificate of your EPF Account? Many employees unaware of EPS and EPS Scheme Certificate. Let us discuss more about this in this post.

Before proceeding further, first, let us understand how your EPF contribution is divided. I have written a detailed post in this regard earlier (Employee Provident Fund (EPF)-Changed rules from 1st Sept 2014“. However, I will again show you in detail about your and your employer EPF contribution is split.

How EPF and EPS works

You notice that employee is not at all contributing to EPS. However, an employer contribution of 8.33% from 12% is going towards the EPS. Few points related to EPS are as below.

  • An employee will not contribute to EPS. However, employer’s 8.33% contribution is going towards EPS.
  • EPS will not earn a single rupee of interest!! Yes, you heard it right. Your EPF will earn the interest as per the yearly declaration by Government. However, EPS is IDLE amount without adding a single rupee to it.
  • Whether EPF is managed by EPFO or your employer (a Trust), EPS is always managed by EPFO.
  • If you have worked for less than 6 months, then you are not eligible for EPS withdrawal. Because as per the EPFO rule, those who have not yet completed 180 days in the organization, the withdrawal benefit is not admissible. One can, however, apply for the scheme certificate.
  • However, when you switch the job, then you have an option either to withdraw the EPS amount or carry forward with your new job. Remember that this EPS withdrawal again depends on the length of the service.
  • If you have not completed the 10 years of service, then you have an option to either withdraw EPS or apply for scheme certificate.
  • However, if you have completed 10 years of service, then you are not allowed to withdraw the EPS. You have to apply for EPS Scheme Certificate.
  • If you are withdrawing the EPS before the completion of 10 years, then you will not receive the full EPS contribution. The EPS withdrawal, in this case, depends on Table D of EPS. It is some % of your EPS balance based on the length of your service. Assume your salary at the time of EPS withdrawal after 9 years, by filing form 10C, is Rs 15,000, then the EPS money one receives is Rs 1,39,950,300 (Rs 15,000 * 9.33). Refer below image for the same.

EPS Table D

  • Pension begins at the age of 58 years. To avail the pension, one needs to fill Form 10D through the last Employer.
  • EPS contribution cannot exceed Rs.1,250 in any given month. Because it is capped at 8.3% of Rs.15,000 (A maximum salary ). Here salary means only Basic+DA.
  • Do remember that if you are contributing to EPF, then you are also the member of EPS.

What is EPS Scheme Certificate?

EPS Scheme certificate is a certificate issued by EPFO. It provides the details of service of the EPF member (an employee). The EPS Scheme Certificate shows the service and family details of an employee member who are eligible to get EPF pension in case of death of the member. EPS Scheme Certificate is also an authentic record of service. Because it shows the history of your employment.

Below is an example of one such EPS Scheme Certificate.

EPS Scheme Certificate

How the length of the service is considered of an employee to issue EPS Scheme Certificate?

Your length of the service is rounded off if the months are more than 6 months. Assume that you have completed 5 years and 4 months, then the service period is considered as 5 years only.

However, if your service period is 9 years and 6 months, then your service is considered as 10 years for consideration.

When can an employee apply for EPS Scheme Certificate?

As I explained above, if you have completed less than 10 years of service, then you are eligible either to withdraw the EPS or apply for EPS Scheme Certificate. However, if you have completed more than 10 years of service, then you have to apply for EPS Scheme Certificate and you are not allowed to withdraw the EPS.

Suppose you are joining a new company, then you can surrender the scheme certificate through the new employer and by doing so your past service will be added to the new service and your pensionable service would be cumulated.

Let me give you a detailed possibility of an employee applying for EPS Scheme Certificate.

# If your age is less than 50 years of age and you have not completed the 10 years of service

In such situation, you have an option either to withdraw the EPS (as per Table D) or apply for Scheme Certificate by using the Form 10C.

# If your age is less than 50 years of age and you have completed the 10 years of service

In such situation, you have no other option but to apply for EPS Scheme Certificate using the Form 10C.

# If your age is more than 50 years but less than 58 years of age and you have not completed the 10 years of service

In such situation, you have an option either to withdraw the EPS (as per Table D) or apply for Scheme Certificate by using the Form 10C.

# If your age is more than 50 years but less than 58 years of age and you have completed more than the 10 years of service

In such situation, you have no other option but to either apply for EPS Scheme Certificate using the Form 10C or for reduced pension using Form 10D.

# If your age is more than 58 years of age but your service is less than 10 years

You can withdraw the EPS using the Form 10C.

# If your age is more than 58 years of age and your service is more than 10 years

You have to apply for pension using Form 10D.

How to apply for EPS Scheme Certificate?

Once you are leaving the job, then you have to fill the Form 10C. Here, there are options either to withdraw EPS or apply for EPS Scheme Certificate.

Your employer sends the same to EPFO and then EPFO will issue you an EPS Scheme Certificate. If your all inputs are correct, then EPFO will issue you the EPS Scheme Certificate within a month or so.

EPS Scheme Certificate when you join the new company

When you join the new company, then if your length of service is less than 10 years, then you can opt for EPS Scheme Certificate or can withdraw.

However, if your length of service is more than 10 years, then you have to apply for EPS Scheme Certificate through your past employer.

When you join the new company, then you have to fill the Form 11 (which is also called a new joinee form of EPF). This is a self-declaration by an employee about the status of his EPF details.

While submitting this form you have to submit the EPS Scheme Certificate to EPFO through your new employer.

When you leave the job, you will again have to fill Form 10C. The EPFO will add the new number of years in the scheme certificate showing the cumulative service record and give it back to you through your employer.

You have to do this till you reach the age of 58 and then surrenders the certificate to the EPFO to start getting the pension.  Or One may opt for an early pension (reduced to the extent) after 50 years provided one has completed 10 years of service.

How much pension can one receive under EPS?

As I already explained in above post, the maximum contribution to EPS by the employer is capped at Rs.1,250 or 8.33% of your actual salary (whichever is less).

Do remember that to be eligible for the pension (for a lifetime and then family pension), one has to work for a minimum of 10 years. Also, your pension will start at the age of 58 years of your age.

The pension that you will receive is capped and is based on the following formula:

(Pensionable Salary * service period) / 70

The pensionable salary is capped at Rs 15,000 and service period at 35 years. Hence, irrespective of the actual years and the basic salary, the maximum monthly pension would be Rs 7,500.

How to apply for EPS Pension?

Once you complete the service of 10 years, then you get the scheme certificate. This scheme certificate can be used to claim your pension either from 58/50 Yrs.

The employee has to include all his past services to arrive at such 10 yrs of service and apply for the pension once he attains the age of 58/50. He needs to fill the Form 10D and get attested by that bank manager with photo and other required documents. Submit the form to concerned EPFO.

What happens to EPS when you switch the job?

When you switch the job, then you apply for EPF transfer request. But to the surprise, EPF is transferred but EPS field showing ZERO right?

You no need to worry. Because this is what the EPFO response in this regard.

‘When PF is transferred from one organization to another, service details information such as non-contributory period, service length, wage last drawn etc. are sent over using Annexure K to the receiving PF office. These details are used for EPS calculation and hence, the total amount accrued in the pension fund is not mentioned in the UAN passbook.’

Hope this much information is enough for you all to know about EPS Scheme Certificate.

Refer my earlier post related to EPS:-


  1. Hi Sir,

    After joining new company, I have applied for Transfer of my previous establishment PF account to the current employer PF account. My transfer request has been processed successfully by EPFO department and the transferred amount is reflecting in my current passbook.

    But In UAN member portal my previous establishment Service history is not showing/populating. So I have raised the Grievances with EPFO department and almost 1 year of communication with them they have asked me to reach out to my current employer to address this issue but they didn’t mention the action to be taken from employer even upon request.

    Please need your expert guidance here to understand the problem area and how can it be get resolved.

    I have one more query regarding EPS. Do I need to apply for EPS scheme certificate for my previous company pensionable service period ? if yes, shall I need to reach out to my previous or current employer for this certificate ?


    • Dear Anwar,
      Approach the regional EPFO. Regarding EPS, you have to apply for a scheme certificate if your last employment is 10 years or more.

      • Hi Sir,
        Thanks and appreciate your response on my query.

        My previous company service period is 3 years and 3 months and I have transferred this PF account to current company account.
        Current company service period is 9 year 3 Months. So total service period is 12 years 6 months. Need clarification on below 2 points.

        1. My previous PF account regional EPFO office in Hyderabad and my current EPFO office in Mumbai. So which regional office do I need to reach out on my service history issue. i.e. previous company service period is not reflecting in Service History on UAN portal.

        2. Do I need to apply for scheme certificate for my previous company service period (i.e. 3 years and 3 months) or this period is will be clubbed/accumulated with current service period and no need to apply for EPS scheme certificate ? Actually I am not clear in which case I need to apply for scheme certificate.


        • Dear Anwar,
          1) Current EPFO OFFICE.
          2) You have to apply to the current EPFO OFFICE.

          • Hi Sir,
            Thanks a lot again !!

            To my 2nd Query:
            I am currently in the service i.e. working in IT company. Still I need to apply for EPS scheme certificate for my previous company service period (i.e. 3 years & 3 month) or this period will be accumulated with the current service ?

            What my employer told that :
            “Please note that as per EPFO rule if an employee opts for PF settlement post completion of 9.6 years of service, then PF department will issue Pension scheme certificate after processing the Form-10 C. ”

            It would be great if you can clarify whether I need to apply for Scheme certificate ? If yes, for which period since i am still in the service.


            • Dear Anwar,
              “this period will be accumulated with the current service ?”-YES. Hence, no need to apply.

  2. How and where should I apply for the scheme certificate? I have already completed service of 28 years 9 months and completed more than 59 years of age

  3. Hi sir,

    There are 4 member id under my uan.

    Is it possible to withdraw the full amount. I am in need. I have already transferred my epf to the new mid. However pension amount was not transferred.

    Please guide

    • Dear Sarvesh,
      If you are currently working, then you can’t withdraw.

  4. Dear Sir

    MY age is 50 completed on April, 2020. I have worked more than 12 years for a company and resigned another company and worked there about 12 months. I have resigned my job on 01/06/2020. Now i have started my own business. I have applied form 10 d for reduced pension. Now I want to know whether Form 10 c is required once I completed 58 years and the reduced pension scheme will be automatically converted to full pension once i have completed 58 years. Your guidelines will be highly appreciated.

    • Dear Unnikrishnan,
      How can the reduced pension be converted to full when you wish to receive the pension now?

  5. Hello Sir! I have a doubt
    1: My Father expire last March, 2020 and we not apply for all claim can we get all pension amount from march to till now? And after that also?
    2: but my father join job at 2006 and 2018the employer was changed then also we get family pension with edli amount we don’t have sechme Certificate then also can claim the all benefits??
    Feedback as soon as possible. Thanking you

    • Dear Rajendra,
      There is no clarity on what you actually look and case details. Hence, I suggest you to approach the regional EPFO.

  6. Form 10d online or offline ?

  7. Hi. Am 30 year old women.. Have resigned my job with 10 Years of experience. Applied for pf withdrawal and received the same. But eps withdrawal is rejected stating not eligible for withdrawal and eligible for scheme certificate.
    Is it possible to withdraw pension applying again?
    If not, from what age I will be getting pension?

    • Dear Sudha,
      You are not eligible to withdraw. You get the pension at the age of 58.

      • Hai sir ,

        My mother completing 57 years on this 31/12/2020.
        When to apply “form 10d” ?

      • I have Scheme certificate without UAN number ?
        What should I do now ?

        • Dear Kiran,
          If you are working, then submit it to the employer.

  8. Hi , I worked with a company till June 2005 who issued me eps certificate in 2007 but I forgot to handover the new employer and after working with new employer for 9 years I withdrawn the eps part and also withdrawn eps from all susiquent employers. But that eps certificate I am still having with me.
    Now I am jobless and at 52 years of age.
    Can I claim lumpsum pension against this certificate if yes how much and if no by when I can claim the same I want lumpsum amount only.
    Regds vinay

    • Very useful information sir. My doubt is I have pension scheme certificate of 2.5year and my age is 31 I’m not working now. Is there any option to withdraw the same by returning pension scheme certificate.
      And if I don’t join any job in future then will it be waste investment.

      • Dear Arpitha,
        If your service is 2.5 years, then I don’t think you got pension certificate.

  9. Hello,

    My EPS withdrawal claim rejected with the below message.


    I’m no more working in India as I settled abroad. What are the options which I have to claim my EPS amount?


    • Dear Anz,
      You have those two options only which EPFO mentioned.

  10. Sir, I have worked from 02.09.1995 to 03.11.2016 with past company and joined new company on 04.11.2016 and continuing the same. I’m allotted new UAN number by the new company. I have got transferred EPF accumulations from old account to new account. However, new EPF account shows my date of joining EPF as 04.11.2016 and not as 02.09.1995. Can merging both UANs will resolve the issue? If this is done, still I need to apply for EPS scheme certificate?

    • Dear Srinivas,
      If the past contributions are showing, then you no need to worry.

  11. Hi. I have resigned from my job on 01st feb 2014 and my date of joining was 01st Nov 1998.At the time of joining my basic salary was 6500 but at the time of resignation my basic salary was 30000 and accordingly my pf contribution was made by me and my employer. But my scheme certificate is showing last salary at 6500.please advise what is to be done

  12. Worked from 1989 to 2006 last salary 6500. discontinue again join 2011 to 2019 8 yrs. Last salary 15000.
    I have scheme certificate will they add old and new both years to calculate EPS and will they calculate on 15000 rs last salary.
    Pl guide what is beneficial I have 2 options.
    1 to get pension by scheme certificate and
    to withdrawal EPS contribution .
    2 or apply for EPS on both .
    I will send fee for this.send ur no Google pay.Regards.

  13. I’m working since 2007.
    Company 1: 2007 – 2009 (No UAN & EPF+EPS withdrawn)
    Company 2: 2010 – 2015 (UAN1 & EPF+EPS withdrawn)
    Company 3: 2015 – 2017 (UAN2 & EPF Transferred to Company 4)
    Company 4: 2017 – till date (UAN2 )

    I’ve two UAN numbers now.

    Q1: How can I merge both the UANs?
    Q2: Can I apply for scheme certificate from Company 3 for the 2+ years service ?
    Q3: Since I withdrawn my EPF +EPS from Company 1 & Company 2, would Lenght of Service be added to Scheme Certificate ?

    • Dear Gautham,
      1) Request to EPFO through your current employer for the merger.
      2) Scheme certificate is eligible only if your service is 10 years or more than that.
      3) NO.

  14. HI sir,
    I worked in a company 2 years 3 months. I left that company 29th Feb 2020. I applied pf and pension withdrawal on 19th may 2020, full pf amount has come but pension contribution amount 13094 has come in passbook 25894 amount is there. I got less salary Feb 2020 month because I was on ESI leave. My total salary 12186[Basic+DA], Feb 2020 salary 6580[Basic+DA] I got less salary because I was on ESI leave Feb 2020 month.
    I have two questions
    1. Can I get only Feb 2020 month(company left month) salary’s Basic+ DA(6580 ), as per Table D for 2 years 6580*1.99=13094
    2. Can I get total salary’s Basic+DA(12186), as per Table D for 2 years 12186*1.99=24250

  15. Sir
    Your blog was truly very helpful in terms of clarity on EPS. However, you did not mention the SC rulling in Apr2019 about removing the cap of max basic salary of Rs 15000. Could you put light on to this.

  16. I have worked for 10 years and my age is 62 now applied for EPS form 10D online from epfo portal and claim is setteled for 0 rs now what is the next procedure please guide ?

  17. EPS scheme certificate can be applied through employer or one can apply individually?

  18. Hi sir,

    I have started my career in 2014 and currently still working with the same organization. Is it allowed to withdraw my eps while you are still working?

  19. Sir we have done the job different co .near about 29 years now my besic salary is 15000/ epfo agreed to pay the pension for 29 years kindly tell me pension amount approximately. Sir thanks

    • Dear Uma Kant,
      It is hard for me to calculate for each individual. Approach the EFO.

  20. Sir,
    I have worked for a company from 2004 to 2017 and i left the job in April 2017. I was 42 years of age when i left the job. Further i did not work in any company after leaving that job. I am taking care of my family business. I applied for my PF online and the claim was settled. I do not have any scheme certificate.
    Hence I want to know whether i can apply for monthly pension after attaining 58 years of age without having scheme certificate or not? is applying scheme certificate is mandatory in my case? Kindly guide me and oblige.

    Thanking you,
    yours faithfully
    Arun Kumar BS

  21. Hi sir I worked in one company 2 years 3 months.I left that company 29th Feb 2020.I am not working anywhere since I left that company. I applied pf & pension withdrawal last week.Full pf amount has come,but pension contribution amount 13094 has come in passbook 25894 amount is there.
    FEB 2020 month I got less salary(I was on ESI leave).Total basic+ da is 12180 but february month basic+da 6580 is there in salary slip.
    As per rule for 2 years
    1. 12180*1.99=24238
    2. 6580*1.99=13094 amount is credited to account
    what shoud I do for get remaining pension contribution amount[1].
    can I get remaining amount or only thus much of amount[2].

  22. Sir, I have received scheme certificate & drew my pf amount. Again i joined in another co.& resigned after 9 year of service. I have not surrendered the scheme certificate to my 2nd employer. Now how can I unite both pension fund & can apply for pension. Please advise.

  23. Hi Sir,
    I have completed the age of 60 and has a service history of 13years in EPF… Suggest me whether to apply for Monthly pension scheme or Pension withdrawal…Which one will be beneficial…Which one will get me extra benefit compared to one another..

  24. Hi Basavaraj Sir,
    I have worked in a company for 13 years and completed the age of 64 years.. I was getting monthly salary of Rs 10000..now I want to apply for Monthly pension scheme..How much pension I can get ?

  25. Dear Sir,

    I’ve the following queries based on my service duration in 4 companies so far.

    1. Company1 worked for 4 years and left it in 2014 – withdrawn the complete PF amount after leaving the job but didn’t do anything about the EPS amount. Can i do anything about it now?

    2. I did the online PF transfer from Company2 to Company3 and then from Company3 to Company4. The total service duration for Company 2,3 and 4 would be 7 years. Do i need to separately submit Form 10 C for the EPS transfers from these 3 companies?

    3. As i had withdrawn the complete PF amount from Company1 and now continuing with the single UAN for the remaining 3 companies, how much would be my total service duration counted as? 11 years or 7 years?

    • Dear Monika,
      1) I think you withdrew. Check it. If not, then yes you can withdraw but not fully.
      2) If all under one UAN and EPF, then you submit one form.
      3) 7 Yrs.

  26. Dear Mr Basavaraj,

    I worked in a company from Dec 2007 to Sep 2018. (Company 1) and withdraw the PF balance, then I joined to (Company 2) in Oct 2018 and left in Jan 2019 and withdraw my PF of (Company 2). Again I joined to (Company 3) in April 2019 to Jan 2020. Then Joined (Company 4) (Present employer) in Jan 2020 and approval process is pending by the present employer. I have not withdrawn my PF from (Company 3) PF to Company 3. Meanwhile, I have not taken Scheme Certificate for PF Pension from Company 1 PF. Now company 1 is closed. So how will I get the Pension Certificate from all the 3 Companies? Can I apply the certificate now of Company 1,2 & 3 respectively How can I apply for it?. I have to submit 10 C separately in all the three companies? Please guide…

    • Dear Bineet,
      Scheme Certificate will be available only if your service is more than 9.5 years.

  27. Hi Sir, I applied for EPS scheme certificate through my previous employer by filling the 10C Form. In EPFO claim status , it is rejected by mentioning the below reason. Kindly give your suggestion on whom I need to approach to resolve the issue ?



    • Dear Devipriya,
      I think the EPF account details are not correct.

  28. Dear Sir ,

    How to add old scheam certificates in EPFO UIN details . When joining present employer old scheam certificates ( 2 Nos) not submitted and also present employer switched to exempted category since last 2 years.

    How to go about to add scheam certificates against my UIN ?

  29. I have worked for a company from 2005 to 2019 and retired in July 2019. I was 60years of age when i retired in July2019. I applied for my PF online and the claim was settled. Now i am applying for my EPS using form 10D where it ask me for deferred payment where i selected yes and put 60 with contribution since my pension was deducted till July2019. I do not have any scheme certificate so can i withdraw my Pension without the Scheme certificate number.

  30. Dear sir,
    I worked with a company based at Chennai for six years which has their on trust for pf. I resigned after 6 years and upon exit I collected the PF amount. Thereafter I am working in Kerala for almost six years. Can I add the experience of the company for getting pension. When I applied with current cochin pf office for transfer it shows my application rejected. Can you please help.

    • Dear Prathap,
      As you already withdrew the amount, you can’t add.

  31. Sir,
    We can withdraw EPS once we quit the job , and before joining a new company right? If I have withdrawn and joined a new org in very less time.
    Is it acceptable?

    • Dear Hari,
      Yes, the unemployment period should be at least 2 months.

  32. Hi Sir,

    Could you please clarifications for the below?
    1. Is EPS A/s number the same as EPF A/c number?
    2.How to transfer EPS amount to new EPF/EPS Account if the EPF complete withdrawal is made through Form 19 and the EPS amount is not withdrawn.
    I worked for a company for 3.5 years, resigned and had been unemployed for one year. During that period I had withdrawn the EPF amount but not the EPS amount. But I was not asked to fill the form 10c for scheme certification.
    After that, I joined a company(service period 1.6 years) which was not offering the EPF scheme and now I am going to join a new org that will opt for EPF scheme. Now how to get the scheme certificate to submit to new eployer.

  33. Dear Sir,
    I had worked in a Company for 10 years 3 months & resigned and Joined another company & worked their for Four months & later resigned to ill health. I had merged both my PF account under one UAN & withdrew my PF amount.
    But I have not applied for form 10 C Pension Scheme certificate from both the companies. Should I apply for 10 C Pension Scheme certificate from both the companies ?
    Please suggest what should I do .

    • Dear Rajesh,
      If both the EPF accounts are merged, then yes you can apply.

  34. Dear sir,
    I had joind my first company in 2004 and left in 2006. I have 2 years EPS certificate. Meanwhile, I changed 2 to 3 companies, but forgotten to submit EPS certificate in those companies also i withdraw PF and EPS after leaving those companies.
    Now I am working in current company from last 8 years (from 2012). My question is can I add my EPS certificate of first company (of 2006) to my current service? and if yes then how?

  35. Dear Mr Basavaraj,

    I worked in a company from Feb 1996 to Jan 2004. (company 1) and transferred the PF balance to Company 2. I worked in Company 2 from Jan 2004 to Jan 2014. Then Joined company 3 (Present employer) in Jan 2014. I am yet to transfer my Company 2 PF to Company 3. Meanwhile, I have not taken Scheme Certificate for PF Pension from Company 1 PF. Now company 1 is closed. So how will I get the Pension certificate from company 1 PF Office? Also, that was the time before computerisation. For PEnsion Certificate from Company 2 – can I apply the certificate now ? How can I apply for it?. IS it possible to apply for it online for company 2?.

    • Dear Subramanian,
      While leaving company 1, your service was not completed for 10 years. Hence, you can’t apply for an EPS certificate with company 1. However, as you transferred company 1 EPF to company 2 EPF, the combined service was more than 10 years. Hence, you have to apply for a scheme certificate with company 2 but not with company 1.

      • Dear Mr Basavaraj,

        Thanks. So when I apply Pf certificate with Company 2 will they include my company 1 also?.

        • Dear Subramanian,
          Yes, as it is transferred from Company 1 to 2.

  36. Namasthe sir…by reading this I understand few points. But my doubt is already I submitted 10c for 2years of work and I have pension certificate. Now can I withdraw that pension amount by using that certificate ? Or should I keep until 58 years?

    • Dear Arpitha,
      You can choose as per your wish if you not going to work from now onwards.

  37. My father has a scheme certificate from his previous employer amounting to 4 years of servive. However the same employment is not depicted in epfo portal by new employer.

    My father has attained pensionable age and wishes to avail pension via eps. What actions are required of him to do so ?

    • Dear Sahil,
      EPS service will be updated at EPFO level. Better you approach the regional EPFO.

  38. DOB – May 1959

    Company -1 Service Period March 1981 – January 1991 [ exempted PF Trust] – PF accumulation transferred to Company -3 No Annexure-K
    Company -2 Service Period May 1991 – Jan 1992 [un exempted PF Trust] – PF accumulation transferred to Company -3 with Annexure-K
    Company-3 Service Period May 1992 – July 1995 [ exempted PF Trust] – PF accumulation withdrawn

    [All the above companies have wound up]

    Further my Service Period from 2003-2018 is under 1995 scheme and service details updated
    Superannuation March 2018 ; Pension contribution stopped from May 2017 [attained 58 years]

    Now to claim the Past Service Benefit for the period of service from March 1981 – July 1995

    Q1 – I should apply for a scheme certificate from Company -1 & Company-3 ?
    Q2 – How long should it take to get the scheme certificate given that the companies were exempted PF trust and does not operate any longer ?
    Q3 – After I get the Scheme Certificate do I submit the same with my Form-10 D for Pension Application ?
    Q4 – In case I submit my 10-D Application before I get my scheme certificate – will my pension amount be recomputed when I submit them ?

  39. Hi Sir,

    I have worked in a company for 1.9 years and I have withdraw my PF advance by filling Form-31.

    Can I apply for my pension withdraw now? If yes, What will be the procedure?

    • Dear Gaurav,
      Yes, you can but you will receive part of it but not fully.

  40. I had worked in my previous company from 01-09-1999 to 11-01-2004. After that I had switched job and joined a new company from 12-01-2004 to 29-05-2019. My both company have their own PF trust. When I have joined new company, I have transferred my PF through new employer. I have never applied form 10C with old company. Now the old company is closed and not existing. I have my PF and EPS account no of old company which is same. I have now applied for EPS scheme certificate with new company after leaving service. I have applied to PF grievance cell. They have confirmed me about my new company job period only. How can I add my old company job period to my EPS scheme certificate. How to get my EPS scheme certificate from old company as it is not existing now. I will be grateful to you if you could guide me further from here.

    • Dear Sahoo,
      You have to first transfer all your old EPF accounts to the latest one.

  41. Hi,

    I have worked for an Indian co. for 12 years but now immigrated to UK. Is there a provision to withdraw the EPS amount instead of opting the scheme certificate.

    • Dear Sandy,
      I think you can apply for withdraw as you are relocating.

  42. Sir I have two EPS certificates from two different companies !

    1) Now what should I do sir ?

    2) Is it possible to get total two companies service period pension ?

    • Dear Kiran,
      1) You have to submit to your new employer if you are still working. Otherwise, submit to EPFO for pension.

  43. Thanks for Info.
    I have changed 3 companies during my 10 + year tenure and transferred all the PF amount in current PF account . But I think I never filled 10 C form . If I fill 10 C form to get Scheme certificate in my current organisation now , This Scheme certificate will contain all the previous employment history or not.

  44. Hi
    My last employment ended in November 2008 and my current job started in Dec 2019 so from Nov 2018 to Dec 2019 I was jobless. I have not withdrawn my PF from the last employment nor did I get any Scheme Certificate that time but now after reading your article I want to get scheme certificate.

    My current employer doesn’t fall under the PF bracket But I do not want to withdraw my PF now as I am expecting that my current company will grow and we might enroll in PF in the near future and then I will transfer my PF balance to my new PF account.

    Now how do I get my Scheme certificate? Do I have to contact my previous employer for that or my new employer or directly contact EPFO?

      • Dear sir ,
        I have worked for one company for 10 years & 6 months afterwards I joined another company and completed 4 years experience in this 2 be company
        From the 1 at company I had withdrawn EPF ‘ and obtained scheme certificate towards EPs.
        Pl let me know how should I need to add my current work experience
        Kindly tell me the procedure involved


        • Dear Sreedhar,
          You submit this scheme certificate to new employer.

  45. Dear Basavaraj Sir

    I ve worked in a company from 1986 to 2007 (for21 years) I have withdrawn EPF amount and got Scheme certificate for eps.

    I ve joined another company at 2007 till date (for 13 years). When i submitted the scheme certificate to present company, they returned to me saying I have to present it at the time of claiming pension. Is it OK?

    I am planing for retirement now (age 58 years) Should I get Scheme certificate from present company also?

  46. Sir,
    I had worked in a company from Feb 1995 to June 2005. After that I have claimed my PF amount amount and the same I have been paid. As the my service was about 10 yrs so the scheme certificate has been issued me.
    After that I have worked in other
    company but I couldn’t submit the pension scheme certificate. Now my age is more than 58 but I am working. The pension certificate is with me.
    I would like to request you please tell me where and how I should submit the pension scheme certificate which is with me to get the pension.

      • As you mention “While submitting this form you have to submit the EPS Scheme Certificate to EPFO through your new employer”

        in such case how do i get to know that My EPS certificate is accepted by the EPFO correctly ? As same I told to my new employer but due to his lack of knowledge he return me EPS certificate saying that it is to be given at your last job …

        • Dear Kamal,
          There is no such set up where you come to know whether the EPFO accepted it nor. You can get the confirmation through employer.


    • Dear Dinesh,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  48. very good article. cleared my doubts

  49. Sir,
    I have worked in a company and releived by April 2013.Completed 15 years of service in that company.From May 2013 Joined State Govt department and there CPS is in place. Received scheme certificate.At the time of relieving from my old company my basic pay was around Rs 12000/-In my scheme certificate the last drawn salary is mentioned as Rs 6500/- only ,why Sir. Currently I am 46 years old.How much money may be received by me as pension if I surrender the scheme certificate at the age of 50 and 58. Requesting your expert reply please.

    • Dear Sasikumar,
      It is because your EPF contribution is on Rs.6,500 but not on actual Basic. Regarding how much you receive as a pension, better to be in touch with regional EPFO.

      • Thank you for your reply Sir.

  50. Sir
    I had worked for more than 10 years in a shop in another state. Later I claimed pf amount. Now I am working with another company.
    Now my age is 44 and I want to have scheme certificate of my previous job. Past employer is not their. Date of leaving not known. Only I have pf number of previous job.
    How to get scheme certificate of my previous job.

      • I have worked one company 14 years almost. I have already resigned last three years and aplied all document submitted in kolkata PF office . But still now i not getting pension ceritificate. Pls advise and revert.

  51. Dear Sir,

    I have completed more than 10years service in each of two different companies. I did not transfer Com-1 PF to Com-2 since it was of different state, hence i withdrawn the PF. Now i have left the Com-2 and have withdrawn PF here also. I have received the scheme certificates for both the state companies. Is it required to merge both the scheme certificate. If so, what is the procedure. kindly advice.

  52. Sir,
    From Feb 1996 to Jan 2004 I worked in a company in Bangalore. – Comp 1.
    In Jan 2004 I joined another company and worked there till Dec 2013 in Bangalore. – Comp 2
    Presently I am working in a school in Bangalore from Jan 2014 – Comp 3
    Comp 1 (1st company) has now been closed completely and wound up.
    I had some problem in transferring the PF from Comp 1 to Comp 2 as they were asking the Proof of me joining the company in 1996. After repeated follow-ups, I was able to transfer this PF to my PF in Comp 2 by the end of 2013.
    Meanwhile, I joined the School and have a different PF number and Different UAN. So I have two UAN Number, one for my service in Comp 2 and the present PF.
    On checking the UAN of Comp 2, I find only the PF portion is transferred from my Comp 1 to Comp 2. The pension portion is showing 0. So How do I get a pension certificate for my service in Comp 1? Worked there from Feb 1996 to Jan 2004). Now that company is closed and wound up. (It was a 100364736270Ltd company). How can I apply for the certificate now?.
    I have another 10 Years to attain 58 Years, but, would like to keep the records clear now itself rather than waiting for another 10 years. (Already wasted so many years).

    Also, how do I apply the certificate from Comp 2? Can I do online?. (That company is still existing).


    • Dear Subramanian,
      Don’t worry, your EPS will follow your EPF.

  53. Sir,
    I worked in a school from 2005 to 2016 nearly 11 years service then I left that job. then i asked pf details, but they didnt give pf No. and UAN also. after 1 month I loined in other school. on 2016. the second school(second employer) applied for new PF account and uan. on 2018
    I give pf withdraw application to old employer, and withdrew pf amount.
    Now I gave application to old employer for Scheme certificate but they are not responding. now I am 49 years old after 50 years can apply for pention.
    Is scheme certificate need that time. if yes, How can I get Scheme certificate please sugest me sir,

    • Dear Anitha,
      Yes, the scheme certificate is required. Better you be in touch with regional EPFO.

      • Sir,
        Can i apply for scheme certificate without employer support?

  54. Dear Sir, i have worked for 9.6 years in a company and now self employed. I am not aware of EPF rules and benefits. I have withdrawn my pf amount and EPS amount was not possible because of 10 years job. Sir pls let me know that how can i get Scheme certificate now.

  55. Hi Basavaraj Tonagatti,
    first of all let me appreciate the work you are doing by this blog kudos for that 🙂
    can you kindly answer below questions

    i worked for company a from 2012 to 2017 and company b from 2017 to 2019 .i am about to join to new company now. I din’t apply for service certificate from company a but transferred my pf to company b

    1.I want to transfer my pf from company b to new company and withdraw my eps contribution of both prev companies will it be possible? if not can you suggest me best option.
    2. In epfo portal under my service history tab i can see my service in both companies as two seperate fields ?does that mean they added all my experience(7 years) ? or how can i ask them to add my service from comapny a? thanks

    • Dear Hitesh,
      1) Sadly NO.
      2) If you are using the same EPF, then by default it will be added.

      • thanks for the reply . still confused whether to apply for 10c for scheme certificates of company a and company b?

        • Dear Hitesh,
          As I said, if the service period in total from the same EPF is 10 years or more, then you have to apply for the scheme certificate.

  56. Sir,
    1. I already withdraw my EPF amount and got EPS scheme certificate at 2010.. After that i joined new company.. My new company applied for new EPF account… Now, Can i withdraw amount from EPF and EPS of this new Account..? or submit my my old EPS scheme certificate to the current employer..? Which is the best option..?

    2. My date of birth is 8/9/1970 … Can i apply for pension from this october 2019..?

    • Dear Vijayakumar,
      1) If both EPF are under one UAN, then you are not allowed to withdraw EPS. The best option is to submit the scheme certificate to new employer.
      2) If you are not working then only you are eligible for pension.

  57. Sir I have pension scheme certificate from previous employer. Am not working now . My age is 44. Can I withdraw the EPS amount?

  58. Dear Sir,
    If we loss original Employee’s Pension Scheme Letter. How to get a new Employees pension certificate sir

  59. Hello Sir,
    I worked for 9 Years 8 Months in company then get transfer to same group company. But in first company where worked for 9 years 8 months company associated with Regional Of office. But when got transfer that group company is exempt and has own trust also Regional office get changed from Bangalore Bommasandara to Mumbai Kandivali.
    Now my PF get transfer successfully from one company to other but Eps didn’t get transfer. What to do next to get EPS also transfer to Mumbai Kandivali

    • Dear Sukhpreet,
      EPS will never get transferred, EPFO just update service records. Hence, don’t worry.

      • Thanks Sir For Prompt Reply,
        Just want to ask one think should i have to apply for scheme certificate or that also not required as in epf portal already all service history is coming

        • Dear Sukhpreet,
          Then you apply for certificate only when you quit the job.

  60. Very informative article. I had a doubt. My first company(trust) have settled my PF amount completely. My 2nd and 3rd company are using the same UAN. So I have transferred my PF and done successfully and able to see my service details there. Now my 1st company is not giving me the scheme certificate. what can I do to solve it. In the online claim, it is showing as transferred and the amount as 0 which is correct. But what about my service? I am not able to see that. May be due to different UAN??? Kindly clarify me sir

    • Dear Anitha,
      If you have withdrawn both EPF and EPS from the first company, then why you are looking for EPS scheme certificate from the first company?

      • No, I have withdrawn only PF and asked scheme certificate for EPS.

  61. Lets assume I worked in Company A for 6 months and then worked for Company B for 4 months and now I am in Company C since last 2 years. I transferred the EPF from Company A to Company B and then I transferred EPF from Company B to Company C. However, for both company A and Company B there is EPS which was not withdrawn.
    Since both employments were less than 6 months, I understand from the article that I can only apply for service certificate.

    Here are my questions sir:
    1. Do I need to apply for service certificate twice – one for each employer or just once?

    2. What happens once I get the service certificate or service certificates.. Do I give it to my new employer?
    What happens then.. would it reflect in the EPF passbook of Company C or no?

    3. Last question, lets assume I leave employer C in next 1 year and then I apply to withdraw both EPF and EPS, would I get EPS part of company A and company B as well along with the EPS of company C

    Please advise.

    • Dear Anshul,
      If your service period is less than 10 years, then you can withdraw or transfer BUT can’t apply for service certificate. You can apply for service certificate once your service period is more than 10 years.

  62. Very comprehensive info on EPF/EPS which gives great clarity to lakhs of members. Few questions –

    a) I had worked in PSU Bank for almost 16 years from 1984 and left in 2000. PF settlement was done by trustees. EPF and EPS option was not given to us. I would like to include myself under EPF scheme for that service retrospectively. Can you advise any provisions for this and how to go about?

    b) I was out of India till mid 2003 and then worked in 5 different companies adding roughly to 9++ years. How do I add up those service duration correctly?
    1) Axes – 16 M 10 D (PF moved to 2)
    2) Convergys – 28 M 23 D (PF moved to 3)
    3) Aricent – 16 M (PF with Trustees and settled in full)
    4) Zinnia – 47 M (Co-founder for 7 years and no salary for 37M but was registered as Director with ROC for 7 Yrs)
    PF settled in full in 2019 by PF office. Created under UAN
    5) 2018 – Unemployed
    6) Current employer – 7 M (under same UAN)

    c) I superannuated in July 2019. Am I eligible for pension without counting PSU bank service? Will I get more pension if employer is willing to pay more salary for June and July 2019 (higher basic and higher EPS contribution beyond cap)

    d) What is the process to obtain scheme certificate for 3) and 4) where PF was settled and no scheme certificate given.

    • Dear Ravichandra,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  63. 1. What is the 10 years of service? I’m working in my 4th company now,
    2019-Current company.
    Is this considered as 7 years of experience now..?
    2. Can I withdraw my EPS and transfer only the EPF ? (not transferred the EPF to my current company yet).

    • Dear Rameshkumar,
      1) Yes if you are using the same EPF account or merged the accounts.
      2) NO.

  64. Hey i am in one situation

    1: I withdrawn my PF when i left my job [having 10 years of overall service] , they issued one scheme certificate to me

    2: I joined new company and didn’t submitted scheme certificate. now i am having new PF account

    3: i left the current company and joined new company , and i am about to start the process of creating a new PF account here , what can i do with old scheme certificate which from previous to previous PF account which is closed now..?

    what should i do for this situation..?

    • Deepak,
      You have to submit that scheme certificate to the new employer.

  65. Sir,
    What happens to eps, if i filed for final settlement of Pf online after completing 10 yrs of service & being unemployed for 3 months?

    • Dear RRP,
      If your service period is 10 years, then you can’t withdraw.

  66. Hello Sir,
    Thanks for very informative article on this rare topic, but I got confused in the last paragraph where EPFO say you EPS gets transferred with EPF transfer, if this is the case then is it mandatory for us to get the Scheme certificate also and submit it through new employer?

  67. I read all above information.
    It’s really good for each one.
    But sir I have query and I know only you will resolve it.
    I am retired M.S.E.B EMPLOYEE and I received pension from EPS.
    Sir my name on pension record are different and my legal name is different so due to this i faced problems for receiving pension from department what should I do.
    It is possible to correct my name in pension record if yes then how ?
    Please suggest
    Thanks and regards

    • Dear Shailesh,
      Yes, you can do so. Visit the concerned regional EPFO.

      • Thank you very much sir ….
        I am already retired so it is possible…?

  68. Thank you so much for clarity on a topic where all working people contribute but rarely know where the money is going and how to receive it back.

  69. Plz give me complete address and phone no of epfo grievances

  70. Dear sir, I resigned from Reliance Industries Ltd (formerly IPCL) in Dec-2006 with service tenure of 8 years and 8 months. I joined Indian Oil Corporation Ltd in same month. I transferred my pf from IPCL pf trust to new employer trust i.e. IOCL pf trust. But I do not know about my eps amount is also transferred or not. I got statement from my old employer at the time of resignation. Please guide me about the eps query.

    • Dear Mitesh,
      If your EPF is transferred, then no need to worry. Your EPS also got updated.

      • Thank you very much for your prompt reply and guidance.

  71. sir
    alot of thanks for your taking response. further we inform you that. We done job South Eastern Roadways
    pf a/c no ap/3716/ 438. r.o. hyd. feb .1991 to feb. 2002 total 11 years.
    and pf a/c no mh/13471/ 682 = R.O. BANDRA MAR2002 TO DEC 2006 = 05= YEARS. South eastern roadways.
    Super fast roadlines Baroda jan. 2007 to dec 2007 one years not contribute to epf.
    Since jan 2008 to dec2013not contribute epf by the co.
    since jan2014 to still date contribute epf/eps regularly under a/c no mh/13119/1331.
    Sir if we deposited arrear amt for the gap time.

    sir now we want eps from 1991 to running date, what so ever. what should be done , Sir plz help me.

    • Dear Umakantlamohan,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  72. Sir
    We have done the job from 21feb1991 to march 2002 and April 2002 to Oct 2005 to tatal15 year co has clear the epf EPs scheme certificate is pending we joined new co but this co is deducting EPF since jan2014 so I think 12 year gap and iwant full period EPs then what i ..can do plz guide me now my besic sal is15000/per month.

    • Dear Umakant,
      Hard to guide without knowing the complete picture. Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

      • sir
        plz provide cell no.

  73. Sir i am a helper in a company and my age is 46 now my salary is 7500 per month and i complete 10 year in previous company now i join another one
    My question is that should i transfer my pf account to new one or withdraw pf amount complete because at this salary bracket i got approx 1000-1500 per month pension in future but in next 10 year i have to spend approx 80000 in eps scheme

  74. I applied for Form 19 and form 10c. I am 48 years and having 8.2 years of service. form 10c has been rejected for the reason SINCE YOU HAVE EIGHT YRS OF SERVICE MAY OPT FOR SCHEME CERTIFICATE FOR AVAILING PENSION LATER/K. I dont want scheme certificate but want to withdraw my EPS amount. Pls guide me. (fyi, form 19 is still under process)

    • Dear Hameed,
      I don’t think you are eligible for scheme certificate as your servie is 8 years. Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  75. sir
    we have been do the job 15 years in south eastern roadways .co has clear the pf but not given the eps scheme certificate kindly guidance me and privious to be closed.my dob is05/07/1965

    • Dear Uma,
      You will get the scheme certificate if you quit the job. Approach the regional EPFO for the same.


    • Dear Sandipan,
      You have to use the same EPF and UAN to add your new job service history to the old EPS.

  77. Dear Sir
    Appreciate the clarity and details u have included in explaining the subject and making it so simple to understand! Thanks

    I would like to understand if we have to submit the previous employment pension scheme certificate in Original or attested Xerox copies to Regional PF office thru new employer!

      • Dear Sir
        Thanks for your kind response.

        Further i would like to know if eps portion is also withdrawn, then wil that service period will also get accumulated in pensionable service.I have withdrawn eps amount also from my very first job way back in 1999

        • Dear Mehaboob,
          If you withdrew the EPS, then how could it be considered for your next EPS?

  78. Dear Sir,
    I’ve joined in an MNC company(A) on Aug 2015 & resigned before completion of 6 months minimum period on Jan 2016. Here I got my 1st UAN NUMBER. Later, i’ve joined in a New company(B) in July 2016 and got New 2nd UAN number, as i have no knowledge about merging the PF accounts in same UAN. I left that job too on 18-Feb-2017(with more than 6months service) and immediately joined another company(C) on 20-Feb-2017 itself. Now here, my B & C companies PF accounts both were merged with the 2nd UAN which i’ve got at company B.

    Later i’ve withdrawn the amount from the1st UAN (PF account). As, my service is short, my bank account was credited with my share & employee share only. And my EPS amount was left behind.

    Now, my question is..
    1. How can i get that amount to my new EPF account or the 2nd UAN?
    2. Can i merge that to my 2nd UAN and get service extended or shall i give it that to the next employer if I joins somwhere new??
    3. If that account has been added to the New One, how my service will be callculated?

    please answer me sir,

  79. Dear Sir,

    I applied for PF and EPS withdrawal but the amount of EPS withdrawal deposited in my bank account does not match with the amount shown in the passbook. I am also not able to calculate the amount using the table D above.

    Could you please explain the calculation. My head is spinning trying to figure out this.

    Thanks a Lot.

  80. Hello Sir,
    I have completed 5 years of service, where i have worked with 2 companies, when i joined 2nd company, i had transferred my pf amount to with 2nd company pf account.
    After 5th year of service i have left job and applied for PF withdraw, they have given me PF amount of both companies and eps amount of 2nd company, but when i asked about eps amount of 1st company is not credited to my account, team is asking me to apply for EPS certificate and 1st company pension amount cannot withdraw.

    What can i do to sir, as per policy i am eligible for withdraw eps amount.

    • Dear Swapnil,
      It is wrong. I think there is a misunderstanding in knowing how much you have to get from EPS. Hence, I suggest you to better raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  81. Dear sir,
    I have transfered my pf amount from previous company to current company , In Previous company worked for 3 years 6months and In current company 3 years 4 four months , 4/May/2019 was my last working to in my current company. My query is
    1. When i join new company will my service period of previous companys will calculated without scheme certificate or should i request for Scheme certificate and submit to new company.
    2. Will these split service periods will be consider to avail Pention .
    Vinodh Kumar D V

    • Dear Vindh,
      1) As you not completed 10 years of service, you just have to transfer your EPF.
      2) Yes.

  82. Sir
    I recently withdrew my pf and my epf from my current organisation where i worked for past three years.Before that i worked in another organisation from 4/4/2014 to 15/10/2014 for which they deducted pf and eps for six months till 30/9/14.Due to differences with the company i tendered my resignation on 15/10/14 but the same was not accepted by the company.I recently logged in to pf account and found service period doj was given as 4/4/2014 and exit 1/12/2014.I applied for both form 19 and 10c. But form 10c got rejected whereas form 19 shows under process.Sir can i submit my grievance online for form10c as i have put in more than six months service but still it got rejected.kindly guide me sir.

  83. Hi Basavaraj

    I am totally confused with EPS and EPF, though I have got some understanding on both and their criteria, I have a few doubts and hopefully you will answer them.

    I have worked for 6.5 years in my previous organisation and I withdrew my PF before quitting by claiming it online on UAN portal.

    Its been 6 months that I have joined a new organisation and I got to know about EPS, until which I had no clue that EPS existed also. My questions are:

    1. Since EPF and EPO contributions are separate, will the claims to be made towards each are separate? As informed above, I have withdrawn PF while I was in previous org so does this mean I have got only the PF share and not the EPS amount?

    2. In the above case ( point 1) how can I withdraw my EPS? and how do I check my EPS balance ?

    3. In case I withdraw my EPS by not opting for scheme certificate, what happens after withdrawal? will my service gets reset and starts from 1st year since i lose the existing years of service due to EPS withdrawal? will the EPS still gets contributed by employer post withdrawal?

    Note: I started working since july 2010

  84. Hello Mr. Tonagatti,
    Your writeup is very detailed and gives lot of information. I have an issue- My Passbook shows “Settled” status for EPS Scheme certificate claim but have not received the certificate physically till now. In this case what should I do? Kindly advise.

  85. Scheme certicate is required for EPS or UAN online showing service history is enough for EPS claim.

  86. Sir,
    (1) Transferred amount against employee pension scheme is not reflecting in passbook statement.
    (2) My wife M/s. Geeta P. Thakurdesai is appointed as nominee but her name is not getting reflected.
    (3) M/s. APLAB Ltd. (1991 to 2004), M/s. G. M. Enterprises (2006 to 2018) and M/s. RADIX Electrosystems PVT. LTD. (JAN 2019 till date) is my service history but ABLAB is missing on PF portal history & what can I to correct the same.

    With respect to above SUBJECT, I joined EPFO in year 1991 as I was in M/s. APLAB. I worked there up to NOV-2004 and after that I Joined G. M. Enterprises.
    I have completed the PF Transfer procedure from APLAB to G. M. Enterprises, employee & employers contribution is getting reflected in statement but FAMILY PENSION amount is “ZERO”, not getting reflected. Also my wife is nominated as nominee but her name is not reflected here. As per above point no-3, M/s. APLAB was my 1st company and I was member of EPF which I transferred but in service history this name is not appeared. So please guide me on the same.

    • Dear Prakash,
      1) EPS will never get transferred. EPFO just update your service records. Hence, you no need to worry.
      2) Check the status and correct the same with the employer.
      3) Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  87. Hello sir,
    If I have completed 10 years in my organization and now I want ti move into some business, where I will not be contributing any thing to EPFO.
    Will I be eligible for pension after 58?
    Please advise.

  88. Hi Sir,
    I completed 9 years and 8 months of service, i was able to withdraw employee and employers contribution, But when i applied for form 10C, it was rejected stating (ELIGIBLE FOR SCHEME CERTIFICATE./K). I didnt complete 10 years of service and when i applied for the 10C it was still under 10 years. Please advise.

    • Dear Isabelle,
      Because your service completed more than 9 years and 6 months, you are not eligible for EPS.

  89. Can I get EPS scheme certificate before retirement ?
    Which is weblink to get scheme certificate online?

  90. Hi Sir, what is the difference between EPS and superannuation . are these two different or same

    • Dear Venkat,
      EPS is the part of EPF and Superannuation is also a pension product but with different views and product features.

      • Thank you sir for quick reply so can a person get pension from both of these products

  91. Hi. I have switched 2 jobs. Currently working in 3rd organisation. Total years of EPF & EPS contribution is 8 years. Every time when i switch, i used to transfer my EPF & EPS. I was able to view the PF amount getting transferred, whenever i apply for EPF & EPS transfer request using form 13 (revised). But EPS was not visible anywhere previously. So, was not much concerned abt that. After the introduction of UAN portal, i am able to view EPS history too. But i am finding one problem in it. My service in first employer is not present in service history in UAN portal. What shall i do. Will it be ok to raise a complain in EPFO grievence cell online as you mentioned in one of the comments earlier. Or is there any other process. Ultimately, my objective is to add the missing service to the UAN portal. Will be great if you can comment. Thanks in advance.

      • Ok. Thanks.

  92. Hi Sir,

    I worked in a company for 2 years and then switched to a new one after 7 months. I was able to withdraw the EPF and EPS successfully.

    My question is… Will EPFO still consider the 2 years in the future… For example if I work for another 8 years in the new company, will EPFO still consider my service as 10 years and make me eligible for Pension.

    Or because I have withdrawn the amount for 2 years, it will start over again.

    Also, is it recommended to withdraw the EPS amount after 9 years of service… Or better wait for the completion of my service… because the eventual pension amount mentioned is only around 7000 per month.

    Thank you.

    • Dear Ashley,
      As you withdraw both EPF and EPS, then your service history will start freshly from new EPF but not with old one. It is always best to keep EPF and EPS for your retirement.

  93. I have switched 3 jobs in my 5 year career.
    I don’t understand this, If my EPF is transferred from previous to new company then I don’t need to worry about scheme certificate to get my EPS transferred too? Is that correct? If yes then why will I need to separately fill form 10c for transfer of EPS to get scheme certificate and then submit it to new company and form 13 for transfer of EPF?

    • Dear Kamal,
      Your EPS will follow the EPF also. So don’t worry.

  94. I have switched from Emp. A to Emp. B and then to Emp. C.

    In Emp. A, i have applied for PF Transfer request successfully.When i moved to Emp.C, Accumulated PF Transfer from B is moved to C sucessfully.

    But somehow my EPS details are not sent from Emp. A to Emp. B.Emp. A PF maintained by Trust.

    Please clarify how to get the Service Details of Emp.A to get added to my UAN, since EPS Service Details is not done.

    • Dear Vasanth,
      Don’t worry. Your EPS will follow your EPF. If you still have a confusion in this regard, then raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell and confirm the same which I am saying.

  95. Sir, i am 50 years old. And i have deposited form 10D on 10 sept 2019 to avail monthly family pension . But not heard anything from my bank or epfo, kolkata. Pls. Suggest. Will it possible online.

    • Dear Rita,
      Rather than waiting, better to approach the regional EPFO.

  96. Dear Sir, I worked in few companies at the beginning of my carrier for short time spans between 6-12 months. But due to lack of knowledge about EPS, I never applied for any EPS scheme certificate from them. Is it possible now to approach my old employers for issuing me EPS scheme certificates for my earlier services? Will that be even helpful?

    • Dear Sourav,
      First transfer your all EPF accounts to current one. That is enough for you as of now.

  97. Hi I have a accumulated service history of 9yrs and 5months. I am getting laid off Jan 31st 2019. Will get a Scheme certificate from EPF office. Please advise.I dont know whether i will get another job with EPF contribution

  98. Hi Basu, thanks for providing so much insights. I am entitled for my eps certificate for which my employer has sent the relevant forms to epf office. It’s more than 3 years now, I struggling to receive my hard copy certificate. Escalated to their official email id’s but no body cares to reply. Pls could you guide me. Thanks in advance.


    • Dear Gopal,
      3 years is a long period. Why not raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online?

  99. Thank you sir for providing us the useful information through this blog.

    I have received my scheme certificate in which:
    Total Pensionable year is shown as 18 years 2 months.
    Pensionable salary is shown as 8398
    Last Salary 15000.
    My query is
    If 8398 the monthly pension that I am going to get after the age of 58years?

    Thank you

      • Hi. Just one clarity. Read somewhere that max pension amount is 7500 per month with 1250 contribution. But as per Miss/Mrs Teena’s post she is getting 8398. How is it possible. Pls correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

        • Dear Karthik,
          The modified rules are based on a recent court judgment. It again depends on a lot of issues. Hence, we can’t generalize.

          • Ok. Thanks.

          • Dear Sir,

            I had worked in a private company from 2014-17 for 3 years. Later moved to a government job. I have not withdrawn my PF and EPS amount. If I withdraw my epf amount now what will be the tax liability and how can I withdraw EPS ? What will be the EPS amount which I can withdraw?

  100. Hello Basu,
    I have completed 10 years from 3 company.As you mentioned I cannot withdraw EPS, I need to submit Form 10 C through employer.Question is do I need to submit Form 10 C through all 03 Employers or only last employer? Please let me know. Employer will submit Form 10 C or employee has to submit form

  101. Sir,
    I served in an organization for 20 Years…Than I took a break of 6 months and rejoined another organization, where I worked for 13 Years before retiring. For some reason, my PF from first organization was not transferred when I took up my second job, but I was able to get it transferred recently. I with drew my total PF. However for PF pension, I am asked to fill up Form 10D , in which department is asking for producing Scheme certificate from my employers.
    Do I need to separately ask my first employers to issue the Scheme certificate before I submit form 10 D through my second employer.
    Please advice.

  102. Hello Basu,

    Thanks for this useful blog. Just wanted to know if people with over 10 years work ex are allowed to withdraw EPS (pension) if they are leaving the country. (been unemployed around 9 months)

  103. Which is a better option between applying for a scheme certificate and withdrawal for an employee who has had a total of 5 years of total experience? Considering that the maximum pension that one can get as per the current formula is around 7000 rupees.

    • Dear Raunak,
      If your experience is 5 years, then you are not eligible to get a scheme certificate.

  104. I have applied scheme certificate it is showing in portal as settled.
    my question is certificate will get by courier?? ??

    Scheme certificate can get by online????

      • Hello Mr Basava, since the form 10C is being applied online, can you please advise if it would be received in a digital certificate format or still the certificate would be in a physical certificate format. Thanks.

  105. My father was passed away on 28-12-2015. We dont have proper knowledge on his epf. I logged into his account and say all the statements. His contribution and service is from december 2014 to december 2015 only. His salary is 6500. Do we get pension?? How much we will get? Whats the process. Pls help. He was passed away while going to office.

    • Dear Uday,
      First knock the regional EPFO or employer with EPF account details and try to fetch the amount and status.

  106. Dear Basu San,

    Thanks for the article.
    I have some queries. I have transferred PF from my previous organization, but EPS is showing Zero in Passbook. I want to transfer EPS also.
    1. Is it transferred along with PF but not showing OR it requires separate form to fill and give it to previous employer?
    2. If it is not transferred then can we transfer through any Online mode?

    Please suggest the suitable method of transfer of EPS from Previous Employer to New Employer ?

    • Dear Paresh,
      Your EPS will never get transferred. EPFO just update the service records. Hence, you no need to worry.

  107. totally i have 4 years of work service and currently i am working in my third company, all my 3 companies given new uan no. so totally i am having 3 uan numbers. I initated pf transfer from first to third company and it completed and epf amount was processed and EPS amount not transferred. Due to this 3 uan it will affect my eps amount im my retirement age or automatically it will be added

  108. I recd eps certificate while leaving a school when I was 47
    I then joined new school
    But they never took this certificate,it is still with me
    But I remember giving them the No
    What should I do
    Now I’m 52
    Can i avail?

    • Dear Shakuntala,
      Yes, you can avail the pension now also from old EPS.

  109. Sir, Is it necessary to apply for EPS scheme certificate of previous employment and submit to EPFO through present employer or it can be done automatically during EPF transfer. Pls suggest

    • Dear Niraj,
      EPS will never get transferred. EPFO just updates your service records.

      • Thanks Sir..

  110. Basu, really good article!
    Well scripted and richly packed with the most current/recent updates

    Thanks for being a Top Man by not being a rude or a fake person rather being patient and prompt with ur reply!

    Hope ur effort gets recognized for being a good Samaritan


  111. Hi Sir,
    Suppose I have switched the company and also I have transfered my of from previous company to current company. But I have to submitted scheme certificate from previous company to new company. Will my previous company tenure will be added to new company scheme certificate.

  112. Basu Sir,

    Kindly give some insights on the insurance part of EPS, which we were never aware of. It would be very helpful if you can write a separate artical of EPS Insurance alone so that we would know about that dark horse as well and no stones will be unturned.

    This could help several of us to get informed on what we were not aware of and the benefits we might miss without knowing it.

    • Dear Balaji,
      I am not sure where you heard about EPS insurance. However, there is EDLI which is part of EPF contribution.

  113. I have applied before 5 months but still not received the EPS certificat.

    What to do?


    • Dear Satyanarayan,
      Either approach the regional EPFO for the same or raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  115. Sir, regarding EPS scheme certificate of an EPF account, please note that I had worked a company from September 1993 to August 2010 and I withdrew my EPF after filling form 10C but I did not received any EPS certificate for this service period. From 2010 September till date I am working in a new company under a new PF account details. Please let me know how can I add my previous pension fund with my new EPF account.

    • Dear Elsy,
      You will get the scheme certificate of the past service. Be in touch with concerned regional EPFO.

  116. Hi Basu,

    Am working in company, which has PF trust. how to know the EPS Contribution, as the company says it should be available with the EPFO only. Kindly let me know the procedure to know the EPS accumulation information.


    • Dear Arun,
      By login to EPFO Unified portal, you can check it. Otherwise, let your employer provide those details to you. Yes, it is true that EPS is managed by EPFO but not by your employer.

      • Hi Basu,

        i have logged in to EPFO Unified Portal, but i have not seen any option to check EPS. And when i check with my Company, they say, i have to contact EPFO office. And you know, the EPFO site is not giving any proper contact number to connect.


        • Dear Arun,
          In that case raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

  117. Hi nice article, keep up the good work

  118. Can i opt for EPS withdrawal when leaving one company (< 10 years of service scenario) and NOT OPT for EPS in the next company while filling EPF transfer form? I remember one of my colleague had accidentally skipped one option in his EPF transfer form and there on, entire 12% of Employer share goes directly to EPF and ZERO Rupees in EPS.. !! Awaiting your answer..

    • Dear Marian,
      If you are member of EPF then you have to be EPS member.

  119. Dear Sir

    As per a recent news in News papar, employees in private sector can raise EPS contribution to 8.33 % of full salary

    I am working in Private sector and want to raise my EPS contribution to 8.33 % of full salary

    But our company is saying they have not received any notification in this regard from Government authorities.

    Please clarify if there will be any notification to be issued in this regard or what is the procedure to raise EPS contribution to 8.33 % of full salary


      • Please advise from where I can get the court judgement. Thanks

    • Sir I have a scheme certifiacte from my previous employer. I have resigned from my present employer two months back. . Both the places o have worked for 10 years and 13 years respectively. I will be 50 years by next april. Is there a way of receiving pension from both the accounts.

      • Dear Ramesh,
        Yes, you approach the regional EPFO and submit the both certificates.

  120. Which PF office one should apply for Pension — the PF office of last Employer (e.g. Bangalore) or PF office where person is staying after retirement (e.g. Jaipur).

    • Dear Hi,
      You have to apply at the EPF Office where your EPF account is (in your case it is Bangalore).

  121. Hi Basu,
    My service period was from 06/04/2011 to 15/05/2018 (Approx. 7 Yr). I’m planning to withdraw my PF + EPS portion. Currently, my basic is 34405 p.m. but maximum EPS contribution can upto 1250 p.m. OR 15000 per year as per law.
    In this situation, can you plz advice how much EPS portion can withdraw as per Table D.? factor 7.13 will multiply to which amount??

    • Dear Ashok,
      The EPS contribution is 8.33% of your BASIC+DA for each month. The maximum contribution to EPS is set as Rs.1,250 (which is 8.33% of Rs.15,000). Regarding EPS withdrawal, I have given an example in above post and using that you can easily calculate the EPS.

  122. Hello,

    My husband died few months ago.
    He was working since Jan-2013 in private IT sector.
    For period of 03-2013 to 03-2016 he has opted for Pension scheme.
    Now to avail the pension, how can I get Scheme certificate for this tenure?


    • Dear Manisha,
      You have to approach EPFO through his employer for the same.

  123. Sir my service period was from 27th Aug-2007 to 19th Mar-2017, in this situation can I withdraw my eps fund?

    • Dear Suraj,
      In your case, you have completed 9 Yrs and 8 months. Hence, your service is considered as 10 years. Therefore, you are not eligible to withdraw but you can apply for EPS Scheme Certificate.

      • I have applied scheme certificate it is showing in portal as settled.
        my question is certificate will get by courier?? ??

        Scheme certificate can get by online????

          • Thanks for info.

  124. Very informative and usefull.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × 3 =

Share This