How to verify ITR without login to e-Filing Account? Once you file the ITR, then the last step fo completing your ITR is to verify your ITR. IT Department now launched a facility of verifying ITR without login to e-Filing Account.
Earlier we used to take the printout of the ITR-V we filed, sign the hard copy and post the physical copy to CPC Bangalore. However, the Income Tax Department introduced the process of e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) as an alternative to ITR-V. Remember, Income Tax Return filed by you is not treated as valid until it is verified.
Hence, it is very much important for you the ways available to e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR).
What is the meaning of Verification of Income Tax Return (ITR)?
e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) is the process through which the Electronic Verification Code (EVC) would verify the identity of the person furnishing the return of income and would be generated on the E-filing website.
Few features of e-Verification or e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) are as below.
- The Electronic Verification code would verify the identity of the person who isfurnishing the return of income and can be generated on the E-filing website of Income Tax Department.
- The EVC or e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) can be used by a Verifier to verify his ITR 1 / ITR 2 / ITR 2A / ITR 3 / ITR 4 /ITR 4S.
- Karta of a HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) also can use the EVC to verify the returns.
- The EVC or e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) would be unique for an Assessee PAN and will not be valid for any other PAN at the time of filing the ITR.
- Only one EVC or e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) can be used to validate one ITR of the assessee irrespective of the Assessment Year or Return filing type (i.e. original or revised returns).
- The EVC or e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR) will be stored against the Assessee’s PAN along with the other verification details. The EVC is valid for 72 hours.
- The Verifier can use more than one mode to obtain EVC and can generate EVC multiple times.
How to verify ITR without login to e-Filing Account?
Earlier, there were 6 ways, through which one can verify the ITR. All those are explained in my earlier post and you can refer the same “6 Ways for e-Verify of Income Tax Return (ITR)“.
However, now the IT Department went ahead and introduced the feature to verify ITR without login to e-Filing Account.
Let us the process to verify ITR without login to e-Filing Account.
Step 1:- Visit the e-Filing website. Under the “Quick Links” tab, select “e-Verify Return”.
Step 2:-Then enter the details like PAN number, Assessment Year (For the income of FY 2018-19, the AY is 2019-20) and the acknowledgment number. Then click on the tab “”Continue”. Do remember that this facility is available for AY 2019-20 currently. for those ITR where the digital signature not mandatory, or for the returns not filed by an authorized signatory or representative assessee. Authorized signatory or representative assessees are required to e-verify the return by login itself.
Step 3:-Then you have to one option among the displayed three options. They are as below.
# I already have EVC (Electronic Verification Code) to verify my return.
# I do not have EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-verify my return (If you do not have to EVC (Electronic Verification Code), then you can generate the same through your pre-validated bank account or Demat account). Refer to the post “How to Pre-Validate Bank Account to receive Income Tax Refund?“.
# I would like to use Aadhaar OTP to e-verify my return (If you wish to verify your return using Aadhaar OTP, then make sure that your mobile number is registered with the Aadhaar database as well).
You can choose the option and verify ITR without login to e-Filing Account.
Hope this information will be helpful for those who are at the stage of e-verify their ITR.