How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online?

How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN if you forgot Password and Mobile Number Changed? Mobile number and Aadhaar now became important things in our life. What if you change the mobile number and forgot the password to for login to EPF Unified portal? Let us see the steps to do the same.

EPFO Unified portal now became an important platform for all EPF members to view, complete, withdraw their EPF. Also, one of the basic requirement to access and complete the tasks online is to register your mobile number for EPF Unified Portal.

How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online?

If you know your Unified Portal login and passwords, then use this option to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online. The process is simple and will explain you as below.

# Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal. Then log in with your UAN number and Password.

# Now go to ‘Manage’ tab and select ‘Contact Details’ option from the drop-down menu to change your contact details.

update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online

# Now here you have an option either to change your mobile number or E-Mail Id also. Choose the option which you wish to change. Then enter your new mobile number in the relevant fields. Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.

update or change Mobile Number and E-Mail Id in EPF UAN online

# An OTP will be sent to your new mobile number, enter the same in the respective field in the next window and click on ‘Save changes’ button. You will see the successful message like below.

Update or change mobile number in EPF UAN

How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN if forgot Password and Mobile Number Changed?

In the above process, you noticed that to update mobile number when you know the login details. What if you forgot the password and also mobile number changed?

It is like a scenario of you forgot the password to login to the Unified portal and also you changed the number. In such a situation how to update the mobile number?

# Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal. Then click on “Forgot Password”.

EPF UAN Forgot Password

# Then you have to enter your UAN and the Captcha code and then click on ‘Submit’ button.

Update or Change Mobile Number forgot password EPF UAN

# In the next window, your existing Mobile number which is linked to UAN is displayed. If you wish to only change the password, then click on ‘Yes’ to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. You can use this OTP to re-set or change your UAN Login password.

In case, you wish to change your registered mobile number in UAN account then click on ‘NO’ option.

Forgot EPF UAN password change new mobile number

# Next you have to enter your personal details like – Name, Date of Birth and Gender details as in UAN and then click on ‘Verify’ button.

Forgot EPF UAN Password update mobile

# If the details entered by you match with the records available with the EPFO, then you will have to further validate your details against like either Aadhaar or PAN. Here, you have to enter your new mobile number and click on ‘Verify’ tab.

If details are validated successfully, you can enter your new mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’ tab. Enter the OTP which you received in your new mobile number to update your mobile number at EPF UAN.

If the details entered does not match with the details available with the EPFO, then ‘verification failed message’ will be displayed. In that case, you have to contact your employer or EPFO. Then get the correct UAN details and change your mobile number.

Validate PAN or Aadhaar to change or update mobile number in EPF UAN

1. Dear sir

In PF site my name and contact number is wrong as per Adhar card, when i gave the forgot Password in UAN site OTP will go wrong mobile number , in case gave the No option it show the ” Your UAN number is not linked in ADHAR, again i upload the KYC (Adhar ) in employer site it show the “your name is mismatch in Adhar card ” so i don’t know how to solve this problem, please help me sir.

• Dear Sumalatha,
      Better you first update your phone number through your employer.

• HI SIR WE ARE LOSS UAN NO ???

HOW TO FIND UAN CARD NO??

I want to change my mobil number but when i filled my details it shows error and my personal details were not matched and i got the error message. Can i get any email id who can help me because i think my old office punched my details wrong and i am not get in touch with them and i am not in india now. I have only Pf and UAN number .

I forgot the passowrd and to set new password my mobile number also changed. So when I go to the next approach as a process for login, it asked aadhar card no , but when I gave aadhar card no other gave me error saying details are not matched. I think this is because name on the aadhar card is different and name on pancard which means name in the pf account is different. How can I login to my account in this case, please suggest

I have lost my mobile number linked to epfo account which I m no longer using.. however, my Aadhar details doesn’t match with my Epfo account how can get this updated and withdraw my amount

5. Dear sir

my father is a retired person.loss activated phone no. when he try to active UAN that was showing his losed mobile no. and not link adharcard. he can’t recover phone no. how can he change phone no, and claim pf amount.plz tel me sir urgentlly.

• Mobile number is in EPF don’t know whose that…am trying to change but the Aadhar also not matching with EPF what we do…pls help

6. Dearest sir

I have login thru Mobil but I m unable to change my mobile number due screen not show of contact so how can change mobile number plsssssss suggest

Gajanan sawant

7. Dear sir
    Actually i lost my registered mobile no and i dont know my UAN no also becoz my HR was tried to withdraw pf amount but they faild so pls suggest how i withdraw my pf amount..
    I have only my aadhar n pan card..

• Dear Pradeep,
      Approach your employer and get the UAN and update the mobile number through them.

8. Dear sir
    I was lose my contact number and also forget my password for Uan account.then aadar and pan card not linked to pf account .hence how to withdraw my PF amount please suggest me sir

9. Sir I left job 5 years back.I have UAN No. i changed my mobile no which was registered with EPFO which is not in use.
    Presently my UAN is inactive and registered mobile no is not in use.
    Please suggest how to activate uan pf no and change registered mobile no.

10. Hello,sir i have updated my new mobile number epfo but the otp going to old number and i have checked contact details also but there is my new number only can you please helo me out..?

11. Dear Basavaraj.
    I forgot my password and followed the steps mentioned by you. After mobile number and PAN verification I was asked to put new password and confirm the new password…Even after putting new password and conforming it ..It says Invalid Password. ..I tried with alpha numerical and a special character password .. plz suggest …

12. Dear sir please suggest..
    I need to change my bank account number against my UAN number

Because my previous account was closed as i leave the previous company

My pension amount also not moving in new member id

How can we move this amount in new member id (pass book)

• Dear Anchal,
      Update the same through your current employer. If you moved EPF, then EPS will also follow.

13. My mobile is already registered with UAN number…. when i give missed call to EPF, I am getting message like Mobile no is not registered with any UAN How to resovle that?

• Dear Senthilkumar,
      Raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

14. Sir mera UAN no is not active show kr rha h

• UN number per registered mobile number pahle purana tha mere pass hanine new mobile number registered karvana hai. 9352800857

Mera issue do hai mobile no kho gaya aur mera naam galat hai aur employer thik karke nahi deh raha hai pls help kijiye.

16. i forgot my password and I lost my mobile no. Pleasure sujjest me .

• Dear Lakshmi,
      How can I guide you if you FORGOT and LOST mobile?

• Dear sir ,
        i tried to updated new contact number but EPFO User id and Password not given contractor
        my old contact no loss before 3 year iam login online but OTP Sand to old number .

Please suggest me

• There was a form , Which is called “Joint Declaration form”. Kindly fill the Form and send to your HR- Salaries along with Aadhar card & PAN card photo copy. They will touch with EPFO office and they will change the details asper aadhar card Or PAN Card. once they done. then you can reset through PAN & Aadhar card details.

17. i forgot my password and I lost my mobile no. and my name is also mismatch with my PAN and AADHAR. please suggest.

• Dear Naresh,
      If all issues are there with your account, then how can anyone help? Approach through your employer and correct the details at first.

• sir i lost my mobile and shim and my number allot to other customer so please suggest how can change new mobile number without old number

18. How to Register/Change Mobile Number in EPF employer
    Account

Iam not able to log in EPFO portal.tried to update password using forgot password option ..but I don’t receive any code on my mobile number it show’s error.failed to send OTP try again after some time..iam thinking reason could be different name in my Adhar Card.. actually I have updated my newName in Adhar card as of now..but my name is little different in my current office n payslip..what to do now ..can you please help me on This..i left the old company n wanted to join new organisation with new name .how to claim my pf of old organisation??

20. Hi sir,

I have forget my password and i have lost the mobile number which i registered already in UAN account.I tried to resolve the issue using AADHAR number and PAN number,its saying “Details not matching”,I’m not sure whether AADHAR number and PAN number are linked with the account.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue

• Thank you!

21. Sir, Mera mobile number band ho Gaya hai toh main dusra number Ko update karna chahta hoon

22. hello sir,my mobile is missing but only uan no & Password also save in my mobile only .how to checking in my uan acount plz help me

• Dear Prajodh,
      First update your mobile number through your employer.

I have changed the number it got successfully updated but still i see the in Login to EPFO i found my old mobile number and all the login otp’s are getting to my old mobile number.
    And also please let me know, how many days it will take to update the mobile number.

• Dear Swapna,
      I think it is an issue of not updating the data. Better to wait.

24. As specified above trying to update mobile no but not getting on new number.

25. hello sir, i have my pf no. but mobile no. registered on it is discontinued long back also i have left the job long back and i need to activate UAN as well. moreover while i was employed pf has my maiden name registered but my aadhaar is in married name. do i have to compulsory approach employer or i can do it by visiting epf regional office as well.

• Dear Mansi,
      You can complete the task by visiting the regional EPFO.

I forgot my password and i have other mobile no. so, i have to change my mobile no but aadhar or pan not linked at epfo than what i do?

• Dear sir, same problem here but my company has closed

• Dear sir,

same problem here but my company has closed

27. Date of birth of addhar or pan same 1/1/1993 but votar I’d 15/5/1993 ka karo

29. DEAR SIR UAN REGESTER MOBILE NO PASSWORD MISSING HOW TO CHANGES WITHOUT FORGET PASSWORD RESET PASSWORD AND EPF AMOUNT CLIAM

30. thank you very much for this info. appreciated your effors ,work got done

31. I am not getting OTP while changing my registered mobile number in PF portal. It shows “Failed to send OTP, try again later”. I tried many times. Still getting the same. Could you help me to resolve this issue

32. I am not getting OTP while changing my registered mobile number in PF portal. It shows “Failed to send OTP, try again later”. I tried many times. Still getting the same. Could you help me to resolve this issue

33. Lost registered mobile no. of epf,
    When I click on forget password and enter uan details and captcha it shows UAN not active and when again click on active UAN it shows to add all details and registered mobile no.

I do not have registered mobile no to get OTP

Please help me.

Gopal Rajpurohit

• I lost my old phone number how can i connect new ph number with pf

34. But what if when UAN is not activated and also mobile number has not been registered earlier, then how could one can access its profile? How to add mobile no because then only i guess one can activate his UAN…please guide on this

• I left the job and company closed.

35. I forget my epf Password and lost my mobile number and My varified documents Adhar and pan is not same name with epf so i donot varified documents. so please give me a solution for change my password and mobile number.

• Employer Change my Mobile Number through networking System . Is it Possible ?

• Dear Dhiraj,
          They can’t change on their own. They update it and afterwards EPFO will approve the same.

36. I want to change my mobile number and I forgot my password.I tried changing the password by clicking on forgot login pin however as the number which I have provided earlier is not working hence won’t be able to change go further and if I tried other alternative is to. thanks i.e. to enter name ,date of birth and gender I am getting invalid gender information error.What should I do now as there helpline numbers are no use

• I searched online but didn’t find any link related to this is there any other alternative.I have also dropped them a mail but did not received any response as of now

• Dear Amruta,
          Better to raise an issue with EPFO Grievance Cell Online.

37. moblie number updated in pf portal has been lost, to update KYC what is option in ONLINE to change the new mobile number which has to be updated in PF portal to give join declaration regarding NAME /DOB changes pls advise…….

38. Hello sir, it’s my humble request to answer my query. I need urgent suggestion from your end.

Query : I want to change aadhar mobile number , as i am going to withdraw my pf, OTP Generated to my old aadhar mobile number. My old aadhar mobile number was updated 8 years back & don’t know what is the number!!

What i need to do in this case ?

Please Note : I don’t want to change my existing UAN linked mobile number and query is about aadhar linked mobile number.

• Dear Nagesh,
      Visit the nearest Aadhaar servicing center and do the needful.

• Hello sir i am also facing the same kind of problem. I dont have my old number which has been registered in Aadhar to recieved an otp, for that i have already updated my new number in Aadhar,& I have also checked on UIDAI website that my number has been successfully update now my problem is that when i am filing my PF withdraw with form 31 the otp is going to my old Aadhar registered mobile number ,
        So what i need to do in that case ?

• Dear Ayush,
          Better resolve the issue by visiting the concerned EPFO.

• I have same problem. How to connect regional epfo. It would be great help if you can provide some details.

39. “Do remember that, this process of new mobile number when you forgot the password will works only when you seeded your Aadhaar or PAN with UAN. Otherwise, you can’t proceed and update.”

Sir,

Is that Any option for Update adhar against my OLD UAN Mumber, I forgot password and Reg MOB number as also deactivated. Please help

• Dear Prajesh,
      Better to do it by visiting the EPFO personally.

40. Sir how to change my phone number add new phone number. ,old number is loss

41. hiii sir my aadhar and pan details are not match so how can i change mobile number

42. Namaste sir pls help suggest for my old mobile number change my pf account new mobile number register in my pf accoutn pls send for mobile number change pdf in my system

43. Hello sir
    We have applied for of withdrawal from our previous number but changed our phone number after as we lost the mobile,which number do we get the confirmation.The priviius sim is lost

• Dear Sridhar,
      If you have not updated the new number, then all confirmations and communications will be to your old number.

• I have updated it

44. Gud evg sir…. Actually my UAN not activated and I loss my activated phone no. Also when I try to activate my UAN that was showing my losed mobile no. And otp also sended to that no. How can i change my no. Sir with out activation of my UAN Pls tell me sir

• Dear Akula,
      Above process not helping? If so, then update the data through your employer.

• Sir, I have forget my uan password. And I lost my register phone number. And my uan not linked with aadhar or pan. Sir now I want to withdrawal my pf money. But because of all above problem I have problem to withdraw my pf money. Sir please help me. It’s urgent for me.

• Dear Kamiram,
        If you lost everything, then how can I HELP YOU? Approach the regional EPFO.

45. i have forgot my password and phone number lost

• Dear Soniya,
      Refer above process and first update the mobile number.

• Sir mujhe uan no. Me mobile no. update karna hai please help ya koi link ho to send kariye

46. SIR MY UAN PASWORD FORGET AND REGISTER MOBILE NUMBER ASLO LOST AND ADHAR AND PAN WAS NOT UPDATED MY ACCOUNT LAST ISSUE DETAIL ARE NOT MACHED PLS HELP ME AND MY ACOUNT OFFICE IS TAMILNADU VELLOR U TELL INSTRUCTION I AM GOING TO OFFICE AND SOLVE THE PROBLEMS

• Dear Mohan,
      Why can’t at first update the details through your employer?

• can employer change it online.. what is the process?

47. My all the details get validate but when it comes to get OTP on new no it get failed again and again. As forget my password and my mobile no has also changed. Tell how to do that

48. I have forgot my login password for UAN, and now i am trying with forgot password and i am getting this error ” Failed to send OTP. Please try again later.”
    Please help me why i am receiving this error.

• Dear Firoj,
      There may be some server issue. Try after some time.

49. I hv shifted to US temporarily.I am not using registered mobile number nw,i wnt to know my PF balance,but forgot password.
    so my first question is can i change my number to international mobile number?

and when i was trying to change it i cud nt reach to last step it says DETAILS ARE NOT MATCHING.

what to do?

• Dear Nidha,
      Sadly you can’t update the international number.

50. I have activated and uploaded KYC by activating new UAN but I got the different UAN from my employer, now when I am uploading details it shows “Pan verification failed. (Name against UAN does not match with the NAME in Income Tax Department)”

• Dear Shalini,
      You have to request EPFO through your employer for the merger of both UAN. Regarding PAN verification, try to check for data error and if they are, then first correct and then try to link.

My name is anil kumar and I worked with Intelenet Global Services Pvt Ltd. (C-126 Industrial area phase-8 mohali punjab) and I have a concern wherein i am not able to change my registered mobile number in UAN. I forget my UAN password and also registered mobile number suspended from market. When i trying to change my mobile number through PF portal by entering name and DOB then showing incorrect details but as per HR team there is no issue from our side all the updated details are correct. If all the details are correct so why i am not able to change registered mobile number.
    Multiple time concern discussed with HR team but nobody helping me and guiding me to contact with PF department. From last 1 year i am facing the same issue but till now problem not resolve.
    I more thing my PAN and adhar number not updated in that pf account so how can i verify details to change mobile number.

Please advice me.

Anil Kumar
    +91 7018306868
    E-mail- [email protected]

• Dear Anil,

First you have to update your current mob.no. with your Adhar card,after you can change your mob no.on EPFO by activate UAN LINK threw.

52. DEAR SIR,

MY UNA NO. LINKED MOB NO. IS LOST SO PLEASE HELP ME NEW PHONE ADD MY UNA

I need to update my mobile number. If i update will it affect the UAN registered mobile number??

Second question, if EPF sends any messages regarding PF, will the messages be sent to the updated mobile number or to the registered mobile number?

• Dear Glory,
      Updating your mobile number to EPF means definitely it is also for UAN also. Once you change and update the new mobile number, then you receive all future notification to the new number.

I tried the option where I need to enter Name, DOB and Gender, click verify.
    But it shows “Gender information is not available in the system.”

Hence I’m unable to update. I forgot my password, I have to update my mobile number. What I can do ?

55. Dear Basavaraj,
    I have forgotten my EPFO password & changed mobile number too. When I am putting in my name, DOB & gender information..it is showing and error – “Gender information is not available in the system”. What needs to be done in this case ?

• Dear Siddhanth,
      In that case, there may be some data error. Try to rectify the same through employer.

56. Employers has filed wrong father’s name with EPF department. kindly advise how to get it correct. I and my employer trying hard but EPFO not helping and updating.

• Dear Agarwal,
      The best option is to do the same through an employer. Let your employer do the same with the help of EPFO.

57. Up to what amount we can give a cheque in case of purchasing property?

• Dear Rewanand,
      To whom? Your question is not clear. Can you elaborate more?

• Yes sure.
        Suppose I am purchasing a property and dealt amount I want to give through only cheque then up to how much amount I can issue .
        For ex. Rs.200000,Rs.400000 and so on.

• Sir,
            Is there any maximum limit for cheque.

• Dear Rewanand,
              There is no such maximum limit to write a cheque. If you don’t know basics, then be in touch with your bank.

58. Hi Basu

How do we update the E-nomination in EPF site. Please share the details with screenshots.

59. Thanks for your guidance it is very helpful to all provident fund members and also to the employers