How to change the address in LIC Policies? Many of you might be purchased the LIC policies. While buying the policies you might have given the address which is now changed.
For a better communication between you and your LIC branch, it is always best practice to update your contact details like address, mobile number and email with your policies.
This will actually make sure that you do not miss any updates LIC usually send to you. Hence, updating address is also one of the most important aspects of this.
In my earlier post, I have shared with you all about how to update your email and mobile number with LIC. Refer the same “How to update Email or Mobile Number in LIC policy online?“.
In this post, I will try to share with you the process of how to change the address in LIC policies.
How to change the address in LIC Policies?
When you google it with the keyword “change the address in LIC policies”, you find that many websites mentioned that you can change the address ONLINE also. However, in reality, change in address in your LIC policies as of now can be done through OFFLINE mode only.
# Change the address in LIC Policies – Online Process
As I told you above, many websites mentioned that change in the address facility is available if you log in. However, this is not true. Refer the below image for the same.
Even though address edit option is available under the Profile tab, refer the notice displaying. It states as “The address added and displayed here are for information purpose. This address is not used for communication purpose. Please contact your servicing branch in case you want to change or update your address in policy records.”
Hence, in no way you can update the address using LIC’s online facility. The only option now left is using offline mode.
# Change the address in LIC Policies – Offline Process
The process to change the address in LIC policies using offline process is tedious to many. Because you have to visit the home branch or your servicing branch ONLY. The steps are as below.
- Visit your home branch or servicing branch.
- Write a letter to LIC Of India by mentioning the policy number to which you want to change the address. Also, you have to state the reason for the change of address.
- Submit letter along with valid address proof and if possible it is best to attach a photocopy of the policy.
- They will verify the address proof and accept your letter.
- Wait for the updates. If they are so fast in updating the address, then make sure that it will be corrected in your policy document also. This will clear the doubts.
- If it is not an immediate process, then you have to wait for their updates.
- Once it is updated, you can cross check the same by login to your LIC portal and under profile.