I am Hindu and my girlfriend is Catholic. We decided to get register marriage. So can we and in which act of register marriage in India and what are the documents required? I am from Goa Vasco.
Sir did she has to bring any letter form church or anything like that or not
Her KYC documents are enough.
You can register under Special Marriage Act. For detailed documentation requirement and all, contact the local register office of your area.
**RE-POSTING DUE TO NON-RESPONSE TO PREVIOUS POST**
My friend had a temple marriage and now she wants to marry someone else as per Hindu Marriage ACT, is it legal to do this?
One of my friend didnt want to get married against her wish and hence ended up creating a blunder. She went to dharwad temple (which is in Karnataka) and got temple registered with one of her friend after discussing the matter with him. But now, he is not willing to cancel the temple registration and wants to get it registered as per Hindu Marriage Act.
1) Is the Temple Marriage registration considered legal and will it create problems for her if she gets married to someone else (as per Hindu Marriage Act)?
2) Can she just ignore that certificate and get married as per Hindi Marriage Act through Registration with someone else?
3) The guy is threatening to go to dharwad and get it registered. She stays in Bangalore. Is it possible for the guy to get them both registered without her being present in Dharwad?
Kindly advise as my friend is in total distress.
- Temple marriage is not legally proof of marriage.
- Yes. But there may be some legal complications may arise.
- He alone can’t register. For registration both bride and groom necessary. If he is threatening then let her file a complaint with police.
Thank you for your valuable input. I had one last question. Would you be able to guide my friend to a legal adviser/lawyer who can help her get out of this mess?
Thanks in advance.