Ashish-Below are the options you may use to save tax other than Sec.80C.
- Sec.24-Interest paid towards home loan (up to Rs.2,00,000) for self-occupied property.
- Sec.80CCD (1B)-Investment in NPS (up to Rs.50,000) and other than the 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD.
- Sec.80E-Interest paid on educational loan for higher studies for self and family member.
- Sec.80CCG-If you are first-time equity investor, then 50% of amount you invest in RGESS will be eligible for deduction.
- Sec.80D-Health Insurance premium for self and family (Rs.15,000) and for parents Rs.15,000 (Rs.20,000 if parents are senior citizens)
- Sec.80DDB-Medical treatment of specified disease or ailment for self or dependent relative. (For 80 year or above, the limit is Rs.80,000. For 60 years and above, the limit is Rs.60,000 and Rs.40,000 for rest).
- Sec.80U-Rs.75,000 for 40% to 80% disability and Rs.1,25,000 if disability is more than 80%.
- Sec.80DD-Rs.75,000 for 40% to 80% disability and Rs.1,25,000 if disability is more than 80%.
- Sec.80G-Donations to approved charitable funds or organizations.
- Sec.80GGA-Donations to scientific research or rural development.
- Sec.80GGC-Donations to political parties.
- Sec.80TTA-Interest on Savings Accounts (not on FDs), available to Individuals or HUFs. (Max. – Rs. 10,000/-)