Hello Mr. Basavaraj;
First of all I would like to thank you for creating a finance forum where youngsters like me can get proper guidance on investments and other finance related queries 🙂
I’m planning to start SIPs with the below-listed mutual funds. Please advise on my selection.
- Axis Long Term Equity Fund – Rs.1000 per month
- HDFC Balanced Fund – Rs.1000 per month
- ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund – Rs.1000 per month
- Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund – Rs. 1000 per month
- SBI FMCG Fund – Rs. 1000 per month.
I’ll increase the SIP amount gradually.
Thank you in advance.
Rahul-One large cap like ICICI Bluechip, Small/Midcap like HDFC Midcap Opp, a balanced fund like HDFC Balanced and a tax saving (if you need) like Axis are enough. No need to risk your profile by investing in sector specific funds like SBI. To make sure that your portfolio must have around 70:30 equity:debt, I suggest you to infuse more in HDFC Balanced and rest of amount spread in other funds.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Shall I include Canara Robeco Emerging Equities instead of HDFC mid cap?
Rahul-I am more comfortable with HDFC.