First of all I would like to thank you for the wonderful work you are doing through your website by educating the mass about proper investment. I have a few queries and would like you to please help me in investing properly.
I am 21 and have just joined in a Public Sector Bank. I have gone through many topics on your website related to investment.
I want to start investing and I can invest about Rs 10,000 per month regularly. This amount may increase in future(>5 years).
I am investing for long period (15-20 years) and even more.
· For debt I am thinking of PPF.
· For equity I have chosen a few funds and would like you to recommend me whether they are good or not
Franklin (I) Smaller Cos (G)
ICICI Pru Exp&Other Services-RP (G)
HDFC Mid Cap Opp Fund (G)
Principal Emerging Bluechip(G)
Axis Long Term Equity Fund (G)
Any other fund —your recommendation
· In how many different funds should I invest ? Please also tell if it is worth considering if a fund is diversified equity / equity.
· Please tell me the exact funds(from above mentioned) and the amount which I should invest in each.
· I would like to you to suggest me what should be my investment portfolio w.r.t. debt and equity mutual funds.
· For your further information I have thought of taking a term plan and I am also having reserve fund that will easily suffice for a year.
Any other recommendation from you will be heartily accepted by me.