please review my portfolio
- HDFC balanced fund (for 5-7 yr horizon)
- icici pru value discovery fund for 5-7 yr horizon)
- motilal oswal multi cap fundfor 5-7 yr horizon)
- hdfc mid cap fund (for 10 yr horizon)
- reliance small cap fund (for 10 yr horizon)
as suggested by broker. balanced fund for tax benefits and for short time lumsum amount and multicap for diversification. one more thinks many mutual funds magazines suggesting investment in balanced and multicap funds only.
one small and one mid cap suggested by brokers as they are saying if horizon is big then you should have atleast one in small and mid caps.
For short term lump sum your broker suggests BALANCED FUND?? What if the Multi Cap Fund currently taking a call on small cap fund? Whether you analyzed the risk? For me time horizon of less than 5 years is SHORT and 6-10 years medium term.
The more you rely on these half baked brokers, media people and so called experts who appear in media, you will not understand. Try to first learn and then start investing.