I am looking for health insurance cover for self and family comprising of wife ( 41 years) and kids ( 13 years ) and 11 ( years) respectively. My age is about 48 years.
I looked into health companion family floater plan of Max Bupa for a sum assured of Rs 30 lacs. The policy provides 20% no claim bonus in the form of increase in sum assured for every claim free year subject to a ceiling of 100%. The policy is also having a feature of refill benefit upto the sum asssured.
Somewhere I have read a cap on maximum benefit upto 60 lacs regardless of sum assured but I missed out the reference.
I am looking forward for your advice on the following:
- What should be optimum sum assured for me keeping my age into consideration and cost escalation in health sector? Should I bring it down to 20 lacs from 30 lacs?
- Which policy is better- Health Companion Family Floater or Family First?
- There is forthcoming merger of Max Bupa with HDFC Ergo. Is it advisable to select Max Bupa at this stage?
- Your rating of Max Bupa for health Insurance for a common family and which other companies are good based on your review?
Thanking in advance.
- How much health insurance is required is purely based on your mind. Because it depends on the city where you live, the cost of hospitals which are accessible to you , the premium affordability and the health issues your family have. Hence, you are the main person who can judge this than me.
- Top up option of Family Floater Health Companion seems best, which is not with Family First. You can opt for base plan and opt for top up in this plan and this can reduce your premium charges.
- You can go ahead.
- If features matches your requirement, premium affordable and comfort with company, then go ahead.