I put in 10 years service and after break in service another 8 years in different companies. I would like to know if my pensionable service will be considered as 18 years or less.
If you continued the same EPF account throughout your 18 years of service, then answer is YES.
I received scheme certificate from the first company since I had taken VRS . Thereafter , I joined another company and served the balance. May please let me know how many years will be considered and where I can get the rule position in clear terms since if I am not eligible even after contributing for 8 years it is not natural justice and fit for challenging in the courts.
Answer my question first.
Sorry baunivesh…yes when I got scheme certificate I also withdrew PF as per vrs policy. Next company where I joined started PF 2 years later since employees were less than the required no for PF.PF no was different. Another 2 years later the company changed its name from original X to Y. The company than started depositing PF in yet another account no in a different city where it’s HO was located till I left the company after 6 years. When I came to know about this change in city it was already 5 years. I was asked to transfer my pf account to the new city but since pf pay interest for 2 years if account is not transferred I lost interest on pf account. So total 8 years EPF and FPS were deposited in 2 account numbers in different cities by the same company with 2 different names. I have following queries please.
1. Can the same company deposit PF in 2 account numbers as above.
2. Can I claim the interest lost due to reasons above which the company and PF authorities should take responsibility.
3. For EPF pension. How many years will be considered as serviceable years since for 18 years pension amount was deposited.
I hope I have been able to put forward my points correctly. Thanks in advance for you opinion.
In that case your two EPF accounts are considered as separate.
- At a same time NO. But if you rejoin then there may be instances earlier.
- I am not sure you get the right treatment.
- 10 Yrs within a single EPF.
Thanks a lot.
- I joined on 1/10/1981 and left the service on 03/07/2003 ( P Salary 5000)
- After service break of 4 year
- I joined other company and expected retirement on 03/02/1960 ( P Sal 15000)
I need to know
- How Pensionable service will be arrived
- What would be the effect of service break and
- what amt of pension, will get at 2020
Mahesh-Refer my post “The complete guide to Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) 1995“.