Hello Basu Sir,
I invested in PPF 24k with SBI and took Term Insurance from HDFC Life.
- I would like to invest in MF for the Tax saving purpose for long term. With this idea, yearly 30k I would like to invest in 3 different long term equity funds. My doubt is on, can i go for a 30k with single firm or 10k in 3 different firm.
- Its almost year end so as of now i would like to invest it as Lump sum and from April onwards as 2k-3k per month. This year PPF I paid as Lump sum and awaiting for your advice to invest in MFs. Can i Continue PPF as a SIP or MFs as SIP for the upcoming financial year?
- From April onwards i would like to continue my investment as SIP (MFs or PPF) and Lump sum (MFs or PPF). Which one is good for with one?
Awaiting for your response.
Thanks in Advance.
One of the best ways to invest in a mutual fund on a long-term is to invest in a single fund. There is no logic in order to select two funds. Investing in SIP and equity mutual funds and PPF. You can invest in SIP as well as equity mutual funds and PPF. PPF will be regarded as debt product. For proper diversification, you will need to invest in both.
One mutual fund enough? What about large cap, small or mid cap or multi cap? Also, do you know the advantage of equity-oriented balanced funds?
Dinesh-1) Invest in single fund. There is no logic to select two funds.
2) Both, SIP in equity mutual funds and PPF. Because you consider PPF as debt product. So for a well diversification you must invest in both.
3) Lump sum in PPF (if you can afford) in between 1st and 5th April, and SIP in equity as usual.