How to find LIC policy number by name and date of birth?

How to find LIC policy number by name and date of birth? Many of us or our parents might be invested in LIC Plans. But due to some issues, we may forget the policy details or lost the bond itself.  Let us find out the possibilities.

Why we forget LIC Policy Number?

In many cases, I found that the major reason is lost of the policy document and even LIC receipts. In such a situation policyholders find it hard to find out their LIC policy number. Also, many policyholders never share their policy details with family. In case of sudden demise of the policyholder, the family or nominee face the difficulties to find LIC policy number of the deceased.

If you have created the login to LIC portal, then it is easy to identify the policy number. Otherwise, it is one of the biggest headaches for buyers to identify their policy number.

How to find LIC policy number by name and date of birth?

In this post, I will try to explain you the ways through which you can find LIC policy number by name and date of birth. Do remember that use the same name (name format) and date of birth which you provided while buying an LIC policy.

Date of birth along with name is also mandatory. Because in the same name, we may find two different persons. Hence, providing the date of birth is also mandatory.

# By login to LIC portal

If you created the login to LIC portal and you know the login credentials, then by login you can easily find out the policy number without any hurdle.

# Contact your Agent

The best and easiest way is to contact your agent. Provide him your name and date of birth (as per LIC records). Using his business details or by login to agent portal, he will easily find out the policy number and can share you.

# Visit the Home Branch

If you neither created the login to LIC portal nor you are in not touch with your agent, then the next process is to approach the home branch (where you purchased the policy branch and where your policy dockets remained).

They will verify the genuineness of seeking the policy number. Based on their verification, they will share you your policy number.

# Visit any LIC Branch

If you are unable to visit the home branch of LIC, then you can try to visit the nearest LIC branch of your area. Provide the name and date of birth of policyholder. Again, LIC officials verify the genuineness of seeker. Based on that they will share you the details.

# Visiting the Unclaimed and Outstanding option of LIC

If you unclaimed the policy payment by LIC or there is an outstanding from LIC to be payable to the policyholder, then you can use this option. For this purpose, your name and date of birth (as per policy records) are enough.

Unclaimed insurance policy money means the money which has been remained unclaimed beyond 6 months from the claim settlement due date. Do remember that this information will be updated by LIC on half yearly basis. It may be due to any of the reasons.

Death claim, Maturity claim, Survival benefit (related to Money-Back policies), Premium due for refund, Premium deposit not adjusted against premium or Indemnity claims etc.

The procedure is simple. Visit the LIC Unclaimed Policy Status Link. Key the mandatory details like Policyholder’s name and date of birth. You will get the unclaimed and outstanding amounts of policyholders along with policy number.

find LIC policy number by name and date of birth

Note:-Your policy number is personal details, which LIC will not share to public openly. Hence, there is no such facility available as of now, through which you can find LIC policy number by name and date of birth online.

You have to try above methods one by one to find LIC policy number by name and date of birth. To avoid facing such difficulty, I suggest you to keep your policy documents safe and share the policy details with your family and nominee.

Some tips to avoid such situations:-

• Maintain records of all your insurance and investment details at one place.
  • Share such details with your family regularly.
  • Update your contact details like phone number and email details to all your policies.
  • Track the policy details regularly to know when is the policy due date, survival benefit receiving date and maturity date.
  • Try to create a login to avoid forgetting of policy number.

Refer our other related post in this regard:-

1. SIR, entering the name and DOB and clicking submit on the above given website doesn’t show up anything. What shall I do sir?

2. Hello sir, I am from Dibrugarh Assam, my father was a doctor in assam and was dead in 1989, he has a LICI policy in state government, but after her dead we don’t know the policy number, can you HELP us….

3. LIC bond mesing

• Dear Vignesh,
      Approach the home branch for getting the duplicate bond.

4. I purchased LIC premium policy and later on due to financial circumstances I couldn’t pay it. So how can they denied to pay me back my money?

• Dear Shirish,
      If you paid for less than 3 years, then you will not get any money. However, if you paid it beyond 3 years, then you can either opt for surrender or paid up.

I have a jeevan saral policy and already paid premium till 7.5 year and now unable to pay premium for long term .So i have planned to stop the premium but take maturity after 21 year as per term policy in my LIC bond. So in that case should i eligible for LA as provided by LIC ? Shall i get premium after 21 year with a combination of MSA(8 years)+LA (on the basis of 21 year declaration)

Can i do that ?is it beneficial instead of surrender this policy ?

• Dear Rahul,
      Once you stop the premium payment, the policy will turn lapsed and MSA and LA also adjusted accordingly.

• But I think after 8 year If I have stopped then provide me only MSA and not eligible for LA . is it right ?

• Dear Rahul,
          You are eligible for LA if your policy is more than 5 years old.

6. My father name is Gopal Chandra Basuli. But in this moment my father wants to know his LIC policy number. How is it possible?

• Dear Sampa,
      Let him approach the home branch of LIC for the same.

• Sir, Home branch is Bankura.

7. Q 1.how to know details of policy , by policy number ?
    Q2. Read your article, and found that my name is appearing in the unclaimed ” section. But no details of policy or servicing branch is shown . How to get these details

• Dear Bhaskar,
      You have to approach the LIC branch (nearest) to know more about details.

8. i am m not able to recall the policy no
    kindly guide us un this regard

I submitted my name and DOB, after that click on submit, so its not submitting.
    please help me.

• Vivek-It is portal technical error. Either try after some time or contact the LIC.

• EVEN I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. THEN I CONTACTED THE LIC CUSTOMER CARE ZONE (THANE, MUMBAI) . THEY SEARCHED THE SAME THING AND IN JUST 2 MINUTES PROVIDED ME WITH DETAILS.

10. Sir I have forget my policy numar I have urgent to know about policy number I don’t pay my half yearly priyam .so ple send tall me how to find it…

• Hello sir I am missed my all lic document and I don’t know lic nomber also please help me sir

11. What is “Redemption” and “collateral” in finance or in commerce?
    Plz reply

• Rewanand-Redemption means withdrawing from the investment (selling mutual fund units and taking money back from any product). Collateral in simple term as pledging. For example, you pledge the property or asset to get the loan from the bank.