September 8, 2017

Income Tax Helpline – Toll Free customer care numbers

Many of us have issues or doubts about Income Tax. In such situation, how can we contact Income Tax Department and what are the toll-free customer care numbers of the Income Tax Department? The answer is Income Tax Helpline.

When can you use Income Tax Helpline?

# Income Tax TAX and PAN General Queries

# Regarding PAN and TAN updations

# e-Filing of Income Tax Return (login issues)

# Refund/Refund re-issue/Rectification of IT Returns

# Tax Return Preparer Scheme (TRP Scheme)

# TDS Centralised Processing Centre (TRACES) (Form 26AS or Form 16)

Income Tax Helpline – Toll-Free customer care numbers

Income Tax Helpline – Toll-Free customer care numbers

Below is the complete list of Income Tax Helpline numbers.

Income Tax Helpline - Toll-Free customer care numbers

Note:-eFiling Helpdesk Number changed effective from 30th December 2017. The new numbers are India Toll Free – 1800 103 0025. Direct Number – +91 80 4612 2000

1) Aaykar Sampark Kendra (ASK)-Here you can raise the issues related to Income tax/PAN/TAN General Queries and the Toll-Free Numbers are 18001801961/1961

2) For PAN/TAN updations you can use the number +912027218080.

3) e-Filing of Income Tax Return issues or E-Filing Login issues, you can contact to 1800 103 0025 and +91 80 4612 2000. The working hours (Call center) 09 AM to 08 PM – Monday to Saturday.

4) Refund/Refund re-issue/Rectification purpose, you can use 18004252229.

5) Regarding your Form 26AS or Form 16 issues, you can dial or write to 18001030344,  +911204814600 or [email protected]

6) To locate Locate TRPs, Register for Home Visit or Online Tax Help, use the toll-free number or write to 18001023738, [email protected] or [email protected]

7) To raise the issue with regional officers, the Income Tax Helpline provided the region (state) wise Contact No. of Officers for receiving grievance petition of the taxpayer. The list can be accessed from HERE.

8) Along with this, if you want to raise the issue directly with Government, then you can use the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).

This is a Government of India Portal aimed at providing the citizens with a platform for redress of their grievances. If you have any grievance against any Government organization in the country, you may lodge your grievance, which will go to the Ministry/Department/State Government concerned for immediate redress.

Whom to complain in case you have information about black money?

If you have information about black money, then recently Government launched an email dedicated for this. You can write information directly to below email.

[email protected]


  1. sir mujhe jankari leni hai ki krashi bhumi par ploting kar black money bana rahe hai is vishay par complent kahan karni hai in logo ne koi bhi registration nahi karaya hai ploting farji tarike se kar rahe hain ye income tax chori kar rahe hain

  2. Hi ,

    I got intimation u/s143 (1) acknowledgment form on last month I.e 16 August 2019. But till now I didn’t get the refund money. I have checked in the it returns portal there it showing “your assessing officer has not sent this refund to refund banker. Please contact you Assessing officer”

    Please helps me how can get my refund back

  3. When the income tex amount will come in our bank account?

    • Dear Vijay,
      They process nowadays very fastly. You no need to worry.

  4. sir
    I’m employee of MP Govt.
    my employer (the DDO ) deducted income tax from my salary bun not reflecting in my Annual Tax Statement 26 As.
    and he the DDO is not issuing Form 16 downloaded from TRACES.
    what is my options ?
    help me please.
    DDO’s detail is
    Sub Treasury Pichhore (Shivpuri) M.P.
    DDO’s Treasury Code- 3932003025
    TAN- SGV010186B
    DDO Office Associated – Principal H S S Girls Pichhor
    DTO Reg. No. 4000345

    • Dear Rakesh,
      It may be due to not depositing the TDS amount. Check with your employer.

  5. Dear Mr. Tonagatti,
    I live overseas and filed my first-ever Indian Income Tax return for the year 2017-18 in August 2017 to report the sale of a property in Bangalore. I have been waiting for a refund since then. The IT Assessing Officer in Panchkula, Haryana has not responded to my e-mail messages. What are my options? Whom do I contact to get a resolution?

    Thank you.

    • Dear Vimal,
      You have to wait for few more days. Then contact the AO again.

  6. sir mai ludhiana se hun or jha mai kam kr rhi hun wo log 2 no ka kaam kr rhe hai mtlb belling puri pkke mai ni kr rhe hai salry bhi kuch or show ki hui hai bank mai but utni kisi ki hai ni
    8-10 logo ko pkke mai kiya huya hai kud ko pkke mai krne k liye but ye sarkar se tex cura rhe hai hr sarkari cuthi per facorty on he hoti hai bs bhar se lock lga dete hai yha tk ki vote wale din bhi factory on he thi bs lock bhar se tha pls sir agr aap kuch kr skte hai to kro mai yahi per kaam krne wala ek worker hun 9814555114 ye hai iss factoty ke onr ka number hai mai apna name ni bta skta kiyoki mujhe ye log job se nikaal dege agr inhe pta cla k mane ye application aap ko ssend ki hai v.s budhiraja hosiery ludhiana near petrol pump ke pass ye frm hai pls sir request hai kuch kro…………………..thanku

  7. Black money aur tex ki chori karane wale ki sikayat ke liye income tex ke kis vibhag mesikayat kare jankari digiye

  8. I turned a NRI in December 2011. Stopped filing returns since then as my India income was below the taxable income threshold. Question is whether I need to inform tax authorities about my change in residence status? If yes, how? Can I reflect my NRI status on the PAN card somehow?

    • MS-Not required but better to file IT return showing NIL income.

  9. Dear sir,
    I need your advice regarding one letter i received 3-4 days back from income tax department. I purchased Rs. 15k around shares in 2014-15. Now I received a notice regarding this. What should I do now.

    • Rattan-Without knowing the content of the letter it is hard to guide. Better you consult the tax expert of your area.

  10. Dear Sir,
    I want to file ITR but Before I never do this so I don’t How to fill it & what r the documents required to fill this form, I have already Form 16

    • Sanjay-Take the help of tax expert of your area or call to customer care numbers mentioned above.

      • Thanks Sir

      • Sir.. I want asking with you somthing.what is AO code and who is rilate to gadag distrik

        • Dear Praveen,
          AO is your Accessing Officer. Regarding your area AO, please search the same in IT portal.

  11. Thanks for the ready reckoner ..

    When did a taxpayer become Customers to IT dept ???????.

    “Toll-Free customer care numbers” :))

    -Rhyta Kumar

    • Rhyta-“When did a taxpayer become Customers to IT dept ???????.”-NEVER 🙂 But tax payers searching the numbers as if customers of IT Dept!!

  12. Thanks Basavaraj for sharing the toll free numbers. I like to do all my income tax related work on my own. Sometimes I have to face problems and don’t know what do. In such times, I have to search so many websites to find the soultion of my problem


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

14 − 9 =

Share This