We all know that currently checking your balance through ATM will have limited access. After few usages, Banks start to charge for such ATM usage. Internet banking is one more facility where you can easily check your balance. However, do you know how you can check bank account balance at free of a cost? This facility of banking is called “Missed Call Banking” or “Missed Call Balance Enquiry”.
Effective from 1st November 2014, savings account holders in metropolitan cities would be allowed only 5 ATM transactions and 3 for other banks ATM transactions. If you use more than this limit then banks charge you Rs.20 for each transaction. Cities considered for these charges are Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata. For the rest of locations, the free usage limit from other banks ATM remained as 5 only. However, account holders of small / no frills / Basic Savings Bank Deposit account are exempted from such charges. Therefore, they enjoy the limit of 5 free transactions from different bank ATM. Transaction meaning of this is, financial and non-financial. Meaning of Financial transactions is cash withdrawal or payment and meaning of non-financial transactions are checking account balance, change of ATM PIN, mini statement, etc.
Considering the above rules, you feel constrained for usage of ATM. Because even your balance inquiry from an ATM is considered as one more transaction. So the other options left for you is either use internet banking or using the recently launched missed call banking facility. However, internet banking again requires internet connection and activation of internet banking facility. Instead, it is easy to use missed call banking facility for such simple transaction of knowing your balance. Hence, I feel this facility most handy as it is very FREE.
Below are certain features of this facility.
- This is a completely FREE service.
- You must register your mobile number with your bank.
- You receive the account balance and last 5 transactions of the account.
- Once you dial to missed call banking number, then after 2-3 rings the call will get disconnected automatically.
- Immediately customers will receive the account balance and along with that last 5 transaction details through SMS facility.
- If your number not registered then you receive a message like “Your mobile number is not registered for this service”.
- If your mobile number not registered then you must contact the bank for registering the number.
- If the customer has a different nature of accounts like a savings account, current account, or overdraft account, then the default account will be selected in the following priority. 1) Savings Account (SB), 2) Current Account (CA), 3) Overdraft (OD), 4) Cash Credit (CC), 5) Other Accounts
- If the customer has more than one account of a same nature like 2-3 savings account or 2-3 current accounts, then the default account will be the latest opened account.
- You can change your default account at any time by contacting the bank.
- The majority of above-said rules applies to all bank. However, you may find some change in procedure with few banks.
Below are the dialing numbers to utilize this Missed Call Banking Facility.
Hope this information will make your balance checking easy.