Usually their are few options investor will find ways to invest in mutual funds. Some of them are through adviser, directly (recently lot of changes and discussion is going on this issue), through your demat account, CAMS or through web portals. I am concentrating on investment of mutual funds through web portal of FundsIndia where I found few innovative investment options which you will not get with other options.
It is basically a online platform where with one time process of account opening you can transact online with your mutual fund investment. It also offering equity investments and NPS (National Pension Scheme) too. Few of interesting features of FundsIndia are as below.
1) Account Opening-As I told earlier with one time process of account opening you can start investing in mutual funds online without the hassle of filling the forms or sending physical forms to found houses or your adviser every time.
2) Trigger Option-This option is currently available with few AMCs if you invest through other modes. But in FundsIndia you can specify, when you need to enter market or when you need to come out from your investments for all mutual funds irrespective of AMCs. This feature called Trigger option.
3) Pre-Packaged Portfolio-This means, based on your risk appetite and financial goal you can easily invest in mutual funds with ready made portfolio construction. If not then you can also easily construct your own portfolio based on the their experts advice. Even with small amount like Rs.1,000 you can easily construct your desired portfolio.
4) Cost for Services-Whatever the service you will get from FundsIndia is totally free. Means their service is totally based on the trail fee what they get from AMC directly but not from investors. So it will be totally free for you. Also you can avail free advisory with prior appointment with them.
5) Alert SIP-This SIP alert will be for those investors who not availed ECS mandate. You will get SIP alerts and after that you can login and complete transaction using net banking facility. One good point of this facility is, you can change the amount of investment on each month.
6) Flexi SIP-This method of SIP gives you the option to change the amount of investment between a pre-set range of amounts on a monthly basis. It lets you invest more or less depending on either your affordability or your perception of the market climate.
7) Value Averaging Investment Plan-Using VIP, you can put the markets to work for you by changing your investment amount monthly based on the performance of your scheme. By setting up an expected rate of return and a maximum amount for your investment plan, the system will automatically figure out the amount to be invested on a monthly basis to try and optimize the rate of return of your portfolio.
8) Value Averaging Transfer Plan-VTP is similar to VIP, but uses a source liquid fund to effect the value-averaging algorithm. With this method, you can effectively deploy lump-sums in the market efficiently.
9) Consolidation of family investments – FundsIndia allows you to consolidate all your family members’ investments in one single login id. You can just add investors under a login id, and view and manage investments for all of them in the same place. In mutual funds, you can also make single and joint investments under the same login id.
10) Portfolio concept – Just like you can group your files in your computers into folders, you can organise your mutual fund schemes in multiple portfolios, making it easier to manage and track your investments. You can have a portfolio for all your tax saving funds, one for all your debt funds, one for your son’s education goal, etc. You can even set a monetary goal for the portfolio and get a quick graph of how your investments are tracking to this goal.
11) Morningstar X-Ray PDF reports – In partnership with Morningstar, FundsIndia offers one-click access to an X-Ray report of your portfolio. It is a single report that will look at the components of your scheme, the overall risk profile, the overlap of funds, the sector-wise categorisation etc in a neatly presented PDF document.
Hope above mentioned features will really add value to your your mutual fund investment.