Few days back EPFO launched it’s first mobile app called as EPF Mobile App. Using this Mobile App, you can activate UAN and check your EPF Balance. This feature provides facilities to EPF members (employees), employer and pensioners. Let us see it’s features.
Along with this facility, Minister of Labour launched the two more facilities and are as below.
- EPFO Mobile App (I will explain about it in below post).
- SMS Based UAN Activation
- Missed Call Service
EPF Mobile App–
First you have to visit EPFO Portal and then to download the link, visit the below page of EPF Mobile App Download Page. The screen looks like below.
Once you download the app in your mobile then the welcome screen looks like below.
You notice that there are three sections in this app. One is meant for members (employees), the second is for pensioners and finally for an employer. When we click on MEMBER tab, then the screen looks like below.
For employees, only two options are provided. One is to activate your UAN and the second one is to check your balance. To activate your UAN, click on the tab ACTIVATE UAN. Then the screen looks like below.
Here, to activate UAN, you have to first select the office from the drop down list. Later, you have to enter Establishment Code, Extension, Employee Number, UAN number and your mobile number. Then check on the declaration link. Finally, click on ACTIVATE tab. This completes the activation process of UAN.
After that, you can check the EPF balance by clicking on tab BALANCE/PASSBOOK tab from main menu. The screen looks like below.
To check or download the EPF passbook, you have to UAN number and registered 10 digit mobile number. Finally, click on tab SHOW.
Pensioners can check information about pension disbursement by entering the details like PPO number and date of birth.
SMS Based UAN Activation-
This facility is useful for those who not use the smartphone or not accustomed to apps. You have to send SMS to 7738299899. Once it is activated then the members can receive the alerts such as credit alerts, passbooks and the like.
You may know that EPFO already started SMS based EPF balance checking facility. Abou this, I already wrote a post and the link of the same below.
EPF Missed Call Service-
Along with above two facilities, EPFO also started a missed call service to know the EPF balance. The EPF member has to give a miss call to 011 2290 1406 to know about EPF balance or other account details.
Hope these facilities will resolve a lot of inconvenience caused by employees.
You may like our earliest posts related to EPF.
- EPF Withdrawal Taxation-New TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) Rules
- Check EPF (Employee Provident Fund) balance through Mobile Phone SMS
- What is Inoperative EPF Account and how to track it online?
- Few frequently asked questions about Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF)
- EPF Universal Account Number (UAN)-What it is?
- Employee Provident Fund (EPF)-Changed rules from 1st Sept 2014
- How EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) interest is calculated?
- EPF Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) -Transferring is now online !!!
- All about EPF (Employee Provident Fund) advance withdrawal
- Taxation of Employee Provident Fund (EPF)